NFC West Draft Picks

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So, Who do we think had the best draft in the NFC West???

Seattle: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/team?team=sea&draftyear=2008
Rd 1 - Lawrence Jackson DE - USC
Rd 2 - John Carlson TE - Notre Dame
Rd 4 - Red Bryant DT - Texas A&M
Rd 5 - Owen Schmitt FB - West Virginia
Rd 6 - Tyler Schmitt LS - San Diego State
Rd 7 - Justin Forcett RB - California
Rd 7 - Brandon Coutou PK - Georgia

Arizona - http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/team?team=ari&draftyear=2008
Rd 1 - Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB - Tenn State
Rd 2 - Calais Campbell DE - Miami
Rd 3 - Early Doucet WR - LSU
Rd 4 - Kenny Iwebema DE - Iowa
Rd 5 - Timothy Hightower RB - Richmond
Rd 6 - Christopher Harrington DE - Texas A&M
Rd 7 - Brandon Keith OT - N. Iowa

St. Louis: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/team?team=stl&draftyear=2008
Rd 1 - Chris Long DE - Virginia
Rd 2 - Donnie Avery WR - Houston
Rd 3 - John Greco OT - Toledo
Rd 4 - Justin King CB - Penn State
Rd 4 - Keenan Burton WR - Kentucky
Rd 5 - Roy Schuening OT - Oregon State
Rd 7 - Chris Chamberlain ILB - Tulsa
Rd 7 - David Vobora OLB - Idaho

San Francisco: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/team?team=sfo&draftyear=2008
Rd 1 - Kentwan Ballmer DT - North Carolina
Rd 2 - Chilo Rachal OG - USC
Rd 3 - Reggie Smith CB - Oklahoma
Rd 4 - Cody Wallace OC - Texas A&M
Rd 6 - Josh Morgan WR - Virginia Tech
Rd 7 - Larry Grant OLB - Ohio State

Maybe I am a homer..... But I think we had the best draft compared to the rest of our division. And maybe the best in the NFC as a whole.

KC, and Carolina had a great weekend also.

:newcards:
:koolaid:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought the draft class as a whole had a lot of good players, deep.

Ask again in 3-4 years who had the best draft.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Honestly and all homerism aside, I think all 3 besides 49ers are about even. Only have 49ers out of that picture because Balmer screams big time bust to me, but the rest of their draft was decent.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
Honestly and all homerism aside, I think all 3 besides 49ers are about even. Only have 49ers out of that picture because Balmer screams big time bust to me, but the rest of their draft was decent.

Grant at 7 was a hellacious pick at 7.....even though they lost he was the best OSU player on the field against LSU.....Gholston was frikkin invisible.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the cardinals did a decent job. They addressed their biggest weakness,imo, the defensive line. I believe Cambell will be a force to reckon with next season.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No Doubt About It!!!

US!!! ...And I am being SERIOUS!! I conceded Long to the Rams, and I don't like Schmitt (sp.??) to the Seahawks BUT I think we'll see at least (3) solid contributors out of our group. GO CARDS!!

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
based on what I knew of the players before watching 10 hours of draft TV... the only pick that I really liked after the third round for any team was Justin King to the Rams.

As such, I can't really grade the other NFC teams as I didn't do the extra work to read up on who they took after the fact like I did the Cards.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Chris Long is going to be the bust. I watch Virgina Tech swallow up Long. That was one on one blocking. The hype on long is because of his dad. That is just my opinion.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think Chris Long is going to be the bust. I watch Virgina Tech swallow up Long. That was one on one blocking. The hype on long is because of his dad. That is just my opinion.

I'll bet you a $1,000,000 dollars Long is not a bust. I would trade anyone we drafted for him!!!

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
I'll bet you a $1,000,000 dollars Long is not a bust. I would trade anyone we drafted for him!!!

Yeah....it would surprise me if he was a bust as he was double teamed a bunch in college.....undeniably a physical specimen....seems to have good football instincts....definately from good football stock.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many names I don't recognize and/or have not seen.

Seattle drafted several players I've seen and liked. Their problem is they are changing head coaches after this year. Who knows how Mora will do with these players or how much input he had in selecting them?

SF may fire Nolan this year and St. Louis might find a new coach too. New people may change things.

Seattle, Az, St. Louis, SF would be my order of having the best chances of having selected the most players who will produce.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
cant tell, but one things for sure, SF cant draft for ****

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05