NFL Top 100 Players: #7, Larry Fitzgerald

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe, but it's lame that Megatron got 3rd while Fitz got 7th. Calvin Johnson had one of the best QB's throwing to him. If not for Drew and Brady throwing then Mathew Stafford would be all world, breaking Dan Marino's record for yards. He's a beast of a QB while Fitz had a bunch of chumps throwing to him. I really think Fitz deserved top 5. I like Johnson, don't get me wrong, he's such a beast, but put him behind our Oline with our QB's and see how awesome he is. Fitz deserved top 5 for just being so awesome and consistent and badass no matter who's throwing to him.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe, but it's lame that Megatron got 3rd while Fitz got 7th. Calvin Johnson had one of the best QB's throwing to him. If not for Drew and Brady throwing then Mathew Stafford would be all world, breaking Dan Marino's record for yards. He's a beast of a QB while Fitz had a bunch of chumps throwing to him. I really think Fitz deserved top 5. I like Johnson, don't get me wrong, he's such a beast, but put him behind our Oline with our QB's and see how awesome he is. Fitz deserved top 5 for just being so awesome and consistent and badass no matter who's throwing to him.
that's a tough thing to say. Stafford makes Johnson look better, sure. But Johnson also makes Stafford look better too...

on a separate note, either Peyton Manning or Terrell Suggs should not be on that list. One didn't see a single snap last year, and one wont see a single snap this year...

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
that's a tough thing to say. Stafford makes Johnson look better, sure. But Johnson also makes Stafford look better too...

on a separate note, either Peyton Manning or Terrell Suggs should not be on that list. One didn't see a single snap last year, and one wont see a single snap this year...

I agree, but my point is our QB's didn't give Fitz a chance to make anyone look good. He caught one-handers, sure, but he didn't get the same throws Stafford gave to Megatron. No way. There's no argument that Stafford was better than both our QB's combined on their best days. At least 'tron had something to jump for. C'mon man.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree, but my point is our QB's didn't give Fitz a chance to make anyone look good. He caught one-handers, sure, but he didn't get the same throws Stafford gave to Megatron. No way. There's no argument that Stafford was better than both our QB's combined on their best days. At least 'tron had something to jump for. C'mon man.
for sure. It's hard to compare 2 phenomenal WRs when 1 has a star QB and the other has been fielding balls thrown by, what, six different "not-star" QBs over the past 2 years

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Those of you saying "Fitz is top 5 next year" who is he going to oust for the space?

Brady, Brees, Aaron are locks. Its not a top 5 issue, its claiming 1 of 2 open spots. Peyton Manning will be back playing, how effective? We dont know. Maybe #1 overall, maybe not top 100 at all. Top 10? Thats a possibility and thatll be 1 less top 10 spot and who of those guys in the current top 10 will be out? Ware and Willis arent going anyware.

That leaves Calvin, Fitz, Ngata and Revis.

Revis is a virtual lock. The problem is with the WRs is that Andre, Fitz and CJ are comparable. Theres nobody in the ballpark of Revis and so he will always stand out.

That same situation applies, not to such a great extent, to Ngata. Hes clearly the top Dlineman.

And so, it comes down to Fitz and CJ for 1 spot and the odds are its not top 5. CJ has Stafford, Fitz has Kolb. The guys already fighting an uphill battle. I have no doubt Fitz will do better this year with the addition of Floyd, but theres noway hes going any higher than 7 on the top 100.

I thought CJ at 3 was terrible. He had a huge first month and then disappeared. There were weeks where he was completely ineffective. IMO, top 5 was Aaron, Brees, Brady, Revis, Ware. (6-10) CJ, Fitz, Ngata,Willis, Adrian.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only 2 in the top 100 sucks.

Nice video much deserved props.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
congrats Fitz and PP
The Healthy Bean will join the list next year, Dwash maybe?
Now NFLN manufactured weeks of their own offseason news with this list, I enjoyed the in depth features on top 100 players.
This is the over rated - under rated list as the players see it, they are now comparing to the fans list.

DD is not rated in the top 100 out of 1800 players, but is paid like it! but when I see Irving, Faulk, Sanders, discussing it- it is more about a popularity contest- each player listed their top 20 players for this list.

15 RB's out of 100- players still think they are very important- like I do!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only Players currently on the roster that have a chance for next year IMO are Dwash and CC as well as the other two already on the list obviously.

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score

Well that is not very fair since Suggs was injured after the list was made.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Calais deserved to be on the list. Anyone believe that John Kuhn is a more valuable (which essentially the top 100 is) and/or better than Calais Campbell? I thought so. IMO he belonged in or around 80-100ish right now.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But this list was based on last year. So I have no problem with Suggs on it.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well last year Andre Johnson was ahead of Fitz and most said he wass the best and Fitz 2. Where is he today? Look at the long term of Fitz and know he's gonna out last megaton. Fitz will be elite with any QB in the league. I highly doubt Mega would keep his full stats if Max Hall was his QB

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
But this list was based on last year. So I have no problem with Suggs on it.
Nah it is slightly based on last year as they are the most recent performances but it is a prediction list of who will be the top performers next year.

So by that measure @52brandon Peyton is fine to be on the list, he should be higher IMO, and no one knew Suggs would be injured so he is fine there too.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nah it is slightly based on last year as they are the most recent performances but it is a prediction list of who will be the top performers next year.

So by that measure @52brandon Peyton is fine to be on the list, he should be higher IMO, and no one knew Suggs would be injured so he is fine there too.
I forgot the list was made so long ago. Even still, it's not like they couldn't have amended it and just move every player up 1 spot and put #101 on it

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dont take this list seriously

Peyton Manning was on it for crying out loud. That undermines all credibility or arguments for how the list is constructed.

- if its recent production, then yes, CJ should be top 5, but Peyton shouldnt even be on the list.

- if its career numbers, then Peyton should be on the list, but Larry should be the #1 WR listed.

so on.

Its a fun tv program, nothing else.

*basically what I just said was already posted above, didnt see it.

Last edited:

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dont take this list seriously

Peyton Manning was on it for crying out loud. That undermines all credibility or arguments for how the list is constructed.

- if its recent production, then yes, CJ should be top 5, but Peyton shouldnt even be on the list.

- if its career numbers, then Peyton should be on the list, but Larry should be the #1 WR listed.

so on.

Its a fun tv program, nothing else.

*basically what I just said was already posted above, didnt see it.
lol, yup. You said it a lot better

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05