Night at the Museum 2: Escape From the Smithsonian

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who's on Display in Night at the Museum 2?
Source: MTV
February 26, 2008

Hank Azaria, who will play "a fictional Egyptian pharaoh that comes to life" in Night at the Museum 2: Escape From the Smithsonian, talked more about the cast to MTV.

"I'm the villain in the movie and have all sorts of nasty plans for modern society and poor Ben Stiller gets caught in the middle of it," says Azaria.

The actor added that Amy Adams (Enchanted) will be playing Amelia Earhart and that many of the original cast are set to return. "Owen [Wilson] is coming back and so is Steve Coogan and Ricky Gervais. And there's other fun folks too who haven't officially signed on yet playing historical figures," he teased.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

Release Date: May 22, 2009 (conventional theaters and IMAX)
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Shawn Levy
Screenwriter: Robert Ben Garant, Thomas Lennon
Genre: Adventure, Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG (for mild action and brief language)

Starring: Ben Stiller, Amy Adams, Owen Wilson, Hank Azaria, Christopher Guest, Alain Chabat, Robin Williams

Plot Summary: It's a new "Night" and "Museum" for Ben Stiller, who is joined by several other stars from the original film, as well as new characters from history -- including Amy Adams as famed aviatrix Amelia Earhart, Hank Azaria as villainous Egyptian pharaoh Kahmunrah, Christopher Guest as Russian tyrant Ivan the Terrible and Alain Chabat as Napoleon. Owen Wilson is back as cowboy Jedediah, and Robin Williams again rides into history as Teddy Roosevelt. The centerpiece of the film will be bringing to life the Smithsonian Institution, which houses the world's largest museum complex with more than 136 million items in its collections, ranging from the plane Amelia Earhart flew on her nonstop solo flight across the Atlantic and Al Capone's rap sheet and mug shot to Dorothy's ruby red slippers and Archie Bunker's lounge chair. No major film has ever shot inside the Smithsonian in Washington...until "Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian."

You must be registered for see images attach

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen the first one yet. Meant to, just never got around to it. Gotta get on board.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The preview before Wolverine was great.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kids loved it. My wife and I thought it was good family entertainment.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kids loved it. My wife and I thought it was good family entertainment.

Agreed! My bride and I took our grand daughter to this tonite and we all really liked it. Good, all-around family fun.... with decent effects, too.

3.5 out of 5 stars.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Azaria has long been on Mulli's "needs a punch in the face" list.

Wait for his next role as a lispy Latino. Apparently he's never met a Latino that didn't have a lisp. And apparently casting directors don't know any Latino comedians.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw the original one on TV the other day - it was cute. This new has gotten bad reviews, tho.

Just saw the first one this past week. Was fun and cute. Will check out the new one soon, despite the bad reviews.

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
watched it last night.. not as good as the first one but the kids enjoyed it.. had some really funny parts in it as well....

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like the type of movie you'd go to see in the theatre. I liked the first one but I may wait for this one.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05