Niners are better but not 24-3 better

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is what I was getting at before the game. We can run the ball, we can pass the ball, thing is, everybody knows what we are going to do before we do it. "O" was calling the plays from the enzone, when we stuck to the run...it wasn't good because everybody knew we was gonna run. This offense is the epitome of weakness. Outcoached

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I was getting at before the game. We can run the ball, we can pass the ball, thing is, everybody knows what we are going to do before we do it. "O" was calling the plays from the enzone, when we stuck to the run...it wasn't good because everybody knew we was gonna run. This offense is the epitome of weakness. Outcoached

We can't run the ball, we can't pass the ball, thing is, everybody knows what we are to do before we do it because we can't do anything. And yes, Outcoached.

Niners are better but they could have it made it a lot worse if it hadn't been for a couple of big mistakes on their part.

Steve

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
The 49ers are that good. They have a significant talent advantage over us at every position aside from WR, but even that is questionable. It's going to take 2-3 years minimum before the Cards are even competitive again for the division crown.

And lulz at people only now starting to blame coaching after losing to a much superior team. This thread should have been made after getting dominated by the Rams, Vikings and Bills.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look at the talent at RB, TE, and OL, SF is at least 24-3 better.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The 49ers are that good. They have a significant talent advantage over us at every position aside from WR, but even that is questionable. It's going to take 2-3 years minimum before the Cards are even competitive again for the division crown.

And lulz at people only now starting to blame coaching after losing to a much superior team. This thread should have been made after losing to the Rams, Vikings and Bills.
So we should have started an outcoached thread while we were 4-0?

Got it.

Between injuries and the system...we lost the last 4 games. If we can block on the O-line, we can compete with anybody. I swear, it's like Walmart will sell a keyboard to anybody these days.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
San Francisco has 15 first round picks on their roster. 15! !!! !!!!

We cannot run the ball, and we cannot pass the ball. The difference between us and the 2011 Jacksonville Jaguars is that Jacksonville had a superior offensive line and could give their best offensive player (MJD) the ball 12-15 times per game. Our best offensive player is Larry Fitzgerald, and he's not getting off the jam and he can't run deep routes.

Yes, Whis got outcoached by a vastly superior offensive mind than his. But Jim Harbaugh's offensive creativity is the envy of the entire NFL. But that's not why we lost. We lost because with the current roster we have we're a team that is going to be a game better or worse than .500.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Got it.

Between injuries and the system...we lost the last 4 games. If we can block on the O-line, we can compete with anybody. I swear, it's like Walmart will sell a keyboard to anybody these days.
With that QB? Come on dawg!
maninground.gif

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When your offense is missing the following starters:

QB
RB1
RB2
LT
LT2
RG
TE

You can't expect much production...

Before the season started and we lost Brown and Bridges we all knew this offesnse was in for an uphill battle. That is why I predicted a 6 win season. Then with all of the additional losses of key players on offense it only got worse.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Harbaugh had the injuries we have, he would switch his gameplan up to suit what he has left...that's the difference right there. Adjusting and creating.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We would have won, if we'd played perfect. Right now they're better.

We make some tackles, get a break here or there etc we might win.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
When your offense is missing the following starters:

QB
RB1
RB2
LT
LT2
RG
TE

You can't expect much production...

Before the season started and we lost Brown and Bridges we all knew this offesnse was in for an uphill battle. That is why I predicted a 6 win season. Then with all of the additional losses of key players on offense it only got worse.

Stop talking like losing Jeremy Bridges was a big deal. This team was done with Jeremy Bridges after Week 2 of the preseason, when we decided that D'Anthony Batiste deserved a look at starting RT and Bridges was relegated to the third team.

Jeremy Bridges wasn't starting after Levi Brown went on IR. We were starting D'Anthony Batiste and some guy who isn't even on the roster anymore.

We likely would have seen Bridges for the first time this season last week when Adam Snyder went down with an injury.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Uh, yeah.

We should have started it Week 1.

Or in the preseason, when this offense was clearly going to suck. 4-0 and not a game with over 300 yards on offense.

Throwing the ball at times where it was not called for, turning the ball over in the red zone, etc., etc.

A lot of warts on offense when this team was 4-0.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Uh, yeah.

We should have started it Week 1.

Or in the preseason, when this offense was clearly going to suck. 4-0 and not a game with over 300 yards on offense.

Throwing the ball at times where it was not called for, turning the ball over in the red zone, etc., etc.

A lot of warts on offense when this team was 4-0.
We've lost a lot of dudes since game 1 hombre.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
We likely would have seen Bridges for the first time this season last week when Adam Snyder went down with an injury.

What about Gimli, our current starting RG ?

You must be registered for see images attach

Orn-moxy-berger or whomever that joke out there was.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, the koolaid kept me from acknowledging that the Seahawks dropped the game-winning touchdown about 4 times. And the Cards all but fumbled the Pat game away. And I don't feel like typing about this anymore.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop talking like losing Jeremy Bridges was a big deal. This team was done with Jeremy Bridges after Week 2 of the preseason, when we decided that D'Anthony Batiste deserved a look at starting RT and Bridges was relegated to the third team.

Jeremy Bridges wasn't starting after Levi Brown went on IR. We were starting D'Anthony Batiste and some guy who isn't even on the roster anymore.

Riddle me this batman... Who would you rather have in there right now, Jeremy Bridges or Batiste???

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way Gruden diagramed the 49er's offense made me feel like we are a PeeWee football team.

There were a couple of plays that epitomizes our lack of talent.

One was where a blitzing 49er ran right past TWO o-linemen.

The other one that probably many didn't notice was a pass to Roberts in the left flat. Skelton went back and hit Roberts for a completion. The problem was it should have been a 1 step drop and fire. Skelton took 2 or 3 steps and by the time Roberts got the ball the DB was on him like flies on...well you know.

Now, was that play design, lack of execution or both.

The 49er's are a superior team in all phases of the game. The only reason we were able to move the ball in the end was because of the score and situation.

And for the record, the score should have been worse.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
We've lost a lot of dudes since game 1 hombre.

Agreed.

But, the coaching was still the coaching. The decision were still the decisions.

Pick a lane here dog. We talking coaching, or are we talking personell ?

I am going to be wrong no matter what if the topic switches every other post.

Wanna talk players ? Sure.

O-Line: Levi Brown, Jeremy Bridges, and Adam Snyder.

Are we seriously looking at these players as saviors to the current situation ? Let's go back to Feb. when all these players were healthy. Am I to assume that since injuries are being used after week 8 of this season for excuses to the current problem, that back in Feb. when this team was healthy, we were supposed to feel good about the offensive line ? I didn't then, and don't now, and don't for the future if the Cardinals think that those three players are "good enough" to play next season.

Just like it took me 8 weeks into this season to see that Skelton is not the answer, maybe it has taken 8 weeks for people to realize that even a healthy offensive line would not be producing anything right now.

RB: Wells, Williams

Both hurt. Yet, in preseason, both expected to be hurt by year's end.

TE: Heap

Yeah, big surprise there.

QB: Kolb, Skelton

Yeah, I know Kolb is your guy and all, but I do not share your opinion that Kolb can get the job done in the NFL. Hey, at least give Skelton some credit, he put up Kolb type numbers against the Niners........but with the usual result. Great stats but a loss.

As for coaching, again, there were problems with play calling, poor offense, and horrific turnovers starting week 1. That hasn't changed. The only changes is our special teams have gotten worse by the week, and our defense is not causing turnovers like they used to.

That is my most humble opinion, and all I have for today. Take it for the opinion it is.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Riddle me this batman... Who would you rather have in there right now, Jeremy Bridges or Batiste???

I would have rather gone into the season with Jeremy Bridges as the starter, but that clearly wasn't in this coaching staff's plans. How many games last year did we run out a gimpy Brandon Keith so that we could keep valuable reserve Jeremy Bridges on the sideline.

Batiste had already taken Bridges' job in training camp. It's not our choice who plays on this offensive line.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser