Occasionally I bash...

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
Occasionally I bash... after i read something that gets under my skin.

Today I read that Darnell Docket is scheduled at this moment to start at defensive tackle and he is a freakin 3rd round pick that hasnt even played a down in preseason. Your kidding rt?

THe Cardinals are a joke how can you go into a season without picking up a free agent, trade or something so you are "not" going into camp in such dire need that possibly a 3rd rounder may ("HOLD OUT FOR FIRST RD. MONEY $$)
due to the fact that one of the oldest franchises in NFL history is still to this date, so poorly run and so depleted that a 3rd rounder will walk into camp and merely by the fact he is not a fat lazy underacheiving ass he recieves the starting job.
Drew Rosenhaus my have a field day with the Cards here!!

Wendall Byrant needs cut now.= another BLOWN hi dollar first rd.draft pick
Terrell Suggs errr...Calvin PACE = your up next.. produce this season somehow

btw: I am happy we have Darnell but how as fans do we support a team that is starting an unproven player like DArnell. He hasnt even "hit" anyone yet.
remember we slotted Byrant the same way also.

VENT CARDINAL NATION VENT!!!!!!!!!! kidding have a good weekend Im signing off going to Sedona to play golf, Flagstaff to feel the rain be back sunday!

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MastersofCombat said:
THe Cardinals are a joke how can you go into a season without picking up a free agent, trade or something so you are "not" going into camp in such dire need that possibly a 3rd rounder may ("HOLD OUT FOR FIRST RD. MONEY $$)
...Drew Rosenhaus my have a field day with the Cards here!!

...Wendall Byrant needs cut now.
Cutting Bryant now just help Dockett's agent hold the Cards' feet over the fire, IMO.

...Not only that, but I think we need to give Wendell a chance to prove himself in an NFL defense (implying that the way our line was coached and schemed for the last few years is not up to NFL snuff).

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Didn't Suggs

start his rook year? Aikman? Other unprovens? But if the CARDS do it, they're a joke?
I don't get it! The guy was a potential first rounder no?
Let's see what happens with the signings, camp and how he produces, before we start blasting the organization again.
IMO the org. is definitely going in the right direction.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Would you be happier if Kenny King was the starter at the UT position going into training camp? He's not a rookie, but he is a 5th round pick from 2003. Would that make you happier, because that's all we have on the roster.

The Cards have four--count 'em: four--legitimate NFL players at the defensive tackle position right now. Everyone else is a camp body. Get used to Darnell Dockett starting, because in all liklihood, he'll be starting there for a long time.

Would it make you feel better to know that, as the first pick in the third round, Dockett is essentially a second-rounder?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
start his rook year? Aikman? Other unprovens? But if the CARDS do it, they're a joke?
I don't get it! The guy was a potential first rounder no?
Let's see what happens with the signings, camp and how he produces, before we start blasting the organization again.
IMO the org. is definitely going in the right direction.
I don't have a problem with Dockett starting...I just don't think they should have made the proclamation before he signed. It's just feul for the fire.

Here's how the negotiations might go:

INT - GRAVE'S OFFICE - DAY

Graves​
Okay, we've seen a lot of signings the last few days that slot Mr. Dockett at approximately $xx. Here's our offer; we believe it's quite generous.​

Slides paper with a dollar amount across the table to AGENT.

AGENT​
This would be a fine offer if my client were a typical third round pick. He is not. In fact, he's your starting DT. You need to pay him like the player he is for your organization: a starter.​

Slides the paper back accross the table to GRAVES. GRAVES begins to weep. Softly at first, but the sobs grow very quickly to uncontrollable hysterics.

The AGENT looks uncomfortable. He looks around the room but no one else is there.

With Graves holding his head in his hands, Dockett's agent see's a window of opportunity: he grabs a handfull of M&Ms from the candy dish on the desk and bolts from the room.

FADE TO BLACK

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Cutting anyone who has only been coached professionally by Mean Joe and Marmie is a very big mistake.

AZCardFan

Reaction score
Interesting...Just because your not drafted in the 1st round does not mean that you cannot come in and make an immediate impact, Boldin case in point...If you go back to FAgency who at the DT position could have come in at a decent price and made an impact? Better yet, if you signed guys like Darrell Russell or Ted Washington do they even fit Denny's game scheme? and why bring in poison to your locker room like a Warren Sapp? Denny's scheme is a fast, explosive under the tackle DLine and Dockett fits that mold. This kids a stud and obviously someone who has been coaching as long as Denny has sees something that you and I don't....

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys the point isnt that he will start.

The point is you dont NAME him the starter before negotiations. Thats just stupidity. Ok Ill add to my predicition. Our 1st and 3rd pick will holdout into the season.

AZCardFan

Reaction score
Whats the difference between naming Fitz the starter or Dockett, or Wilfork in NE or Dunta Robinson? It's a fact, these guys are gonna start and agents and teams know that...I'm happy he named him the starter cuz that tells me the kid is good enough to play. He'll be in on time...

seesred

Reaction score
THey have seen enough of this guy through mini camps, films etc. Why not build the kid up and let him know that a lot is expected. Maybe as good as he might be might turn out even better by raising the bar. As stated before they are all slotted. The key to all these deals is up front money. I look for Dockett to make the same kind of impact on the defensive side the Q made last year on the offensive side.

GBR

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I don't have a problem with Dockett starting...I just don't think they should have made the proclamation before he signed. It's just feul for the fire.

Graves​
Okay, we've seen a lot of signings the last few days that slot Mr. Dockett at approximately $xx. Here's our offer; we believe it's quite generous.​

AGENT​
This would be a fine offer if my client were a typical third round pick. He is not. In fact, he's your starting DT. You need to pay him like the player he is for your organization: a starter.​

Slides the paper back accross the table to GRAVES. GRAVES begins to weep. Softly at first, but the sobs grow very quickly to uncontrollable hysterics.

The AGENT looks uncomfortable. He looks around the room but no one else is there.

With Graves holding his head in his hands, Dockett's agent see's a window of opportunity: he grabs a handfull of M&Ms from the candy dish on the desk and bolts from the room.

FADE TO BLACK

legitimately hilarious

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Pariah said:

Graves​

AGENT​

FADE TO BLACK

Except that Rod Graves isn't negotiating Docket's contract, it's a pretty funny post.

Go Cards!!!

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:

Graves​

AGENT​

FADE TO BLACK

lmao, funny stuff :cheers:

OP
OP
MastersofCombat

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
I didnt say a non first rounder couldnt start!

I said is our franchise so weak at this position that a 3rd rounder before he ever hits someone or signed a contract is named the starter? I could understand if it was due to a starter having an injury.

I think it leaves too much room for holdout!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05