On Edgerrin James

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky1

Reaction score
Now here is the fact......he signed his tender offer of his own free will......but his agent Drew Rosenhaus is implying that he also might hold out.

But you are right cheesebeef, he's a damn good agent..... only trying to get the best deal for his client......

lawyers........birds of the flock stick together.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
You know, that "franchise" tag doesn't seem too bad to me. The players don't get a big up-front payment, but they do get a HUGE salary that is essentially gaurenteed after the first game.

Three years at the "franchise" rate is often more than they would be offered for a four-year "long-term" contract that is not gaurenteed.

The delima is the risk of injury, but I wonder if the risk is really that high or if it is more of a fear.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Redheart said:
You know, that "franchise" tag doesn't seem too bad to me. The players don't get a big up-front payment, but they do get a HUGE salary that is essentially gaurenteed after the first game.

Three years at the "franchise" rate is often more than they would be offered for a four-year "long-term" contract that is not gaurenteed.

The delima is the risk of injury, but I wonder if the risk is really that high or if it is more of a fear.

1) It's even better if you don't sign the tender until after training camp. Edge wasn't going to be released anyway (like Charles Woodson would have been--maybe); if he'd waited, he wouldn't have had to go to training camp at all, and wouldn't have been fined.

2) But not with the signing bonus. A $10 million signing bonus is way, way more than the one-year tender.

3) Ask Julian Peterson, I suppose.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
But you are right cheesebeef, he's a damn good agent..... only trying to get the best deal for his client......

lawyers........birds of the flock stick together.

are you trying to demonstrate just how insane you are? I'm not a lawyer Spank - I left law school because I couldn't stand the thought of being one. Or did I miss the news that Rosenhaus dropped out of being a lawyer to live check to check as a struggling screenwriter? Did I miss that story?

Hey - keep on trucking - sent that check yet? According to the higher ups, they haven't seen it.

You know you'r ein someone's head when they are answering you IN THE FIRST POST OF A THREAD THEY STARTED.

Issues Spank. Issues.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rosenhaus is a scum sucking bottom feeding pig. True it is his job to get his clients the best deal he can but at what cost to the team? In James's case Manning and Harrison already have big contracts and if James gets a large one also the Colts will have to cut corners somewhere else. When some of the other Colts become free agents will the Colts have the money to resign them,probably not. Sure Edge will get his but at what cost to the team? When is enough money enough? I mean some of these guys make more in a year than some of us will make in our entire lives. Excuse me if I don't feel sorry for them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
American Idiot said:
Rosenhaus is a scum sucking bottom feeding pig. True it is his job to get his clients the best deal he can but at what cost to the team?

he's not representing the team - he's representing his client. And if Drew is a scum sucking bottom feeding pig - what does that say about the guys who have himas their agent - or leave their previous agents and sign with him (you know - like a certain Cardinal).

Like it or not - the NFL is a BUSINESS. But hey - I'm a screenwriter so it makes sense that I would stand up for Drew. Birds of a feather, right Spank?:rolleyes:

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
are you trying to demonstrate just how insane you are? I'm not a lawyer Spank - I left law school because I couldn't stand the thought of being one. Or did I miss the news that Rosenhaus dropped out of being a lawyer to live check to check as a struggling screenwriter? Did I miss that story?

Hey - keep on trucking - sent that check yet? According to the higher ups, they haven't seen it.

You know you'r ein someone's head when they are answering you IN THE FIRST POST OF A THREAD THEY STARTED.

Issues Spank. Issues.

sent that check yet.......higher up's.......last I heard you asked how you could find out if I sent the check......there is only one person (actually two) who know for sure....ask the other one.......and he hasn't heard from you yet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
sent that check yet.......higher up's.......last I heard you asked how you could find out if I sent the check......there is only one person (actually two) who know for sure....ask the other one.......and he hasn't heard from you yet.

yeah - I PM'd Nidan - he said he hadn't seen it. I figured he was Skkorp's main henchmen and I didn't want to both Skkorp about it.

You know I still don't see why you just can't give a yes or no answer here. Were not talking about a leaked CIA operative or anything. Why shoudl we need to get the higher ups involved in a question YOU can answer>

It still cracks me up that you had to fork over 500 bones. It sucks being wrong don't it?(see Mao's old signature about my Josh McCown proclamations... used to give me the shakes every time I saw it).

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

Issues Spank. Issues.

So how does a someone who couldn't stand the thought of becoming a lawyer co exist with one that did ?. Here is an idea......could be a good script to work on.

Just a thought.....after all, it appears that you need help in thinking for yourself!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
So how does a someone who couldn't stand the thought of becoming a lawyer co exist with one that did ?. Here is an idea......could be a good script to work on.

don't quit your day job there Spank (which apparently today is stalking me - it's kind of fun - it's like having a secret admirer, except it doesn't know I know who it is!).

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
don't quit your day job there Spank (which apparently today is stalking me - it's kind of fun - it's like having a secret admirer, except it doesn't know I know who it is!).

Don't have a day job.....actually don't need a job....had one once, but didn't like it much......and so, who am I ?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
Don't have a day job.....actually don't need a job....had one once, but didn't like it much......and so, who am I ?

Bill Clinton?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spank - you're really bored today, huh? That okay - me too.

OP
OP
S

spanky1

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
yeah - I PM'd Nidan - he said he hadn't seen it. I figured he was Skkorp's main henchmen and I didn't want to both Skkorp about it.

You know I still don't see why you just can't give a yes or no answer here. Were not talking about a leaked CIA operative or anything. Why shoudl we need to get the higher ups involved in a question YOU can answer>

It still cracks me up that you had to fork over 500 bones. It sucks being wrong don't it?(see Mao's old signature about my Josh McCown proclamations... used to give me the shakes every time I saw it).

Why would I have sent anything to a moderator ?

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
cheesebeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky1

Bill Clinton?
:biglaugh: :lmao:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spanky1 said:
Why would I have sent anything to a moderator ?

uh - because after you ranted and raved about how I was making stuff up, you said if I could prove to you that you said we could sign Jevon Kearse, TO, Champ Bailey and Chris McAllister in one off season that you would send Skkorp 500 bones - then I did and you never responded. Maybe I was wrong to deem you crazy - do you have alzheimer's?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to read this response - damnit Spnaky - will you get off the board so you can stop entertaining me and let me get to work!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I like eggs.

does anyone remember Billy Crystal doing Muhammed Ali's "I like eggs" routine? It was hilarious.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Allright, I'll go ahead and ask the stupid question:

What does QED mean?

:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads