OT: Adrian Peterson - out for the season?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson will likely be out months with torn meniscus

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been diagnosed with a torn meniscus, and it will require surgical repair. According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, Peterson suffered what's known as a bucket handle tear of the meniscus, and the expected recovery time following surgery is a minimum of three to four months, and could take as long as six months for a full recovery.

Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer confirmed Wednesday that Peterson will undergo surgery Thursday, and he said he won't have a timetable for Peterson's recovery until the procedure is complete.

Minnesota also signed running back Ronnie Hillman Wednesday. Zimmer was unsure when Hillman would be able to get on the field for the Vikings, and he confirmed that Jerick McKinnon will get the start against the Panthers this week.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/9/21/12966998/adrian-peterson-injury-meniscus-will-miss-months-surgery

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you watched the Vikings since Norv took over, I honestly think they won't fall off much, if at all.

Then again, Bridgewater managed to play better without AP, but Bridgewater is not playing. Interested to see how Bradford does without AP.

Reign Blood

Tattooed Hundredaire
Reaction score
The Vikes will still be competitive but a championship without AP or Bridgewater is out of the question. Not to mention Kalil is out as well.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Vikes will still be competitive but a championship without AP or Bridgewater is out of the question. Not to mention Kalil is out as well.
Kalil has been awful. It mind sound strange, but I don't think any of these losses are HUGE losses.

Now, if it was someone like Harrison Smith or Anthony Barr, then those would be huge losses.

Reign Blood

Tattooed Hundredaire
Reaction score
Kalil has been awful. It mind sound strange, but I don't think any of these losses are HUGE losses.

Now, if it was someone like Harrison Smith or Anthony Barr, then those would be huge losses.
Again I say competitive not a championship. It's not like they're going to run the table to begin with I agree but for what they had planned going into this season has been makeshift.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you watched the Vikings since Norv took over, I honestly think they won't fall off much, if at all.

Then again, Bridgewater managed to play better without AP, but Bridgewater is not playing. Interested to see how Bradford does without AP.
did great without AP last game

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did great without AP last game

It's not hard to look good as a quarterback when a team is stacking eight in the box trying to stop the run… Which they succeeded at… However they made Sam Bradford look like an all pro and I say that was some reservation because his game wasn't THAT good...

Reign Blood

Tattooed Hundredaire
Reaction score
It's not hard to look good as a quarterback when a team is stacking eight in the box trying to stop the run… Which they succeeded at… However they made Sam Bradford look like an all pro and I say that was some reservation because his game wasn't THAT good...
And to mention....the Vikes HAD to win this game opening up the new stadium.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they scored 17 points. How that's great is a bit of a head-scratcher to me. All I know is I feel much more confident about going in there later this season and getting a W against this team now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they scored 17 points. How that's great is a bit of a head-scratcher to me. All I know is I feel much more confident about going in there later this season and getting a W against this team now.
2 td, no picks, 286 yards and a 121 rating. great game by him. 71% completions

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 td, no picks, 286 yards and a 121 rating. great game by him. 71% completions

Again facing seven and eight man front scared to stop the run considering that it's not all that impressive...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again facing seven and eight man front scared to stop the run considering that it's not all that impressive...
AP missed like half the game, maybe they just thought bradford couldnt pass.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Torn LCL, too...Probably done for season, now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doubt if AP will ever play again. He is due $18 Million in 2017. Not going to happen. Time for Vikes to move on.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Viking's defense will keep them in games, but it's a stretch to think that Bradford is the answer, considering Green Bay's defense and Sam's history. I'm not ready to crown then, just yet.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
sad. he is done. the only waiting now is for the team to cut him so he doesn't have to give back the money.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so freaking ecstatic that we didn't trade for him

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Backs don't last 5 years in the NFL anymore, let alone 10. Its a shame that he ended up with the Vikings.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lost their QB and LT. Seasons over. They arent winning a superbowl with Bradford. No reason to rush him back out there so he can reinjure himself leading the team to 7-9

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05