OT: Al Michaels arrested for DUI

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al Michaels arrested for DUI

Speaking of great announcers.....

Legendary broadcaster Al Michaels, the play-by-play voice of NBC’s Sunday Night Football, was arrested Friday night for misdemeanor DUI, according to multiple reports.

Police in Santa Monica, California said that Michaels, who was released on his own recognizance, was extremely cooperative throughout a process that began at a routine DUI checkpoint. According to TMZ, breath testing showed that his blood-alcohol concentration was at the legal limit of 0.08 percent.

“We are aware of the situation,” NBC Sports said in a statement. “We have been in contact with Al. We have no further comment at this time.”

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
My favorite announcer. I'm sure he'll learn from it and move on a better person.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Right at the limit means 2 beers with dinner. He probably didn't even realize he was close to it.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It'll be tossed out in court at .08
Any decent attorney will have it voided

Bet big and win big on this one

No way he's convicted

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I stand to disagree....Al Michaels is now nor has ever been a "great announcer"....he stands as the sole reason Monday night football fell from greatness...back when it was Al, Frank, and Dan...it shoulda just been Frank and Dan....dude is a weenoss, and should never be allowed near a mic during an NFL game

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
At the legal limit....oh geez not even a big deal I always liked Al he's fun to listen to

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stand to disagree....Al Michaels is now nor has ever been a "great announcer"....he stands as the sole reason Monday night football fell from greatness...back when it was Al, Frank, and Dan...it shoulda just been Frank and Dan....dude is a weenoss, and should never be allowed near a mic during an NFL game

Al Michaels is awesome!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really is pretty simple: Do not drink and drive. When will people learn?

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score

No way he's convicted

Evidence of DUI depends on more than just BAC. Lots of defendants refuse to submit to breath/blood analysis, but are nevertheless convicted based on such things as demeanor; slurred speech; bloodshot, watery eyes; admission of drinking, and performance on field sobriety tests.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No way he's convicted

Evidence of DUI depends on more than just BAC. Lots of defendants refuse to submit to breath/blood analysis, but are nevertheless convicted based on such things as demeanor; slurred speech; bloodshot, watery eyes; admission of drinking, and performance on field sobriety tests.

Yep. I have seen people convicted of DUI at .04 its really all in the articulation and how well the police did their job.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
At the legal limit....oh geez not even a big deal I always liked Al he's fun to listen to

Yeah, no big deal unless he killed your family...it's a big deal!!!
But, you can bet he will get a slap on the wrist just because of who he is. :mad:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"Arizona" law says, "It is unlawful for a person to drive or be in actual physical control of a vehicle in this state under "any" (my quotes) of the following circumstances:

(Jump to #2)

2. If the person has an alcohol concentration of .08 or more within two hours of driving or being in actual physical control of the vehicle and the alcohol concentration results from alcohol consumed either before or while driving or being in actual physical control of the vehicle."

Found under Arizona Revised Statutes, 28-1381A2.

I googled Arizona Revised Statutes for this. Of course, the dui law encompasses much more than this passage. If he did blow .08, he could and probably would be charged with dui, 28-1381A1 "and" also with the above charge, driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .08 or higher. Two charges, not one.

And, if he blew, say, .16, besides the two above charges, he would be charged additionally with a third charge of "extreme" dui.

This shows the importance that the Arizona state legislature puts on dui, in my estimation..

Now what the attorneys and courts do with it, is another story.
Ok, off my soap box.

Frank

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05