OT: Dana Stubblefield arrested for Rape

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I've posted this before but we saw Stubblefield twice in Sunnyvale and Santa Clara in the same year. Both times with the same woman and both times they were loudly arguing.

This was a few years ago and it turned out to be the now ex girlfriend he had several domestic incidents with including being charged with mail fraud because he put in a false change of address form so he could steal her mail.

A friend of mine posted about this story this morning because he was arrested in Morgan Hill where she lives, and she pointed out in 2010 he was an assistant football coach at Valley Christian HS where she and her husband graduated and where their son is now a freshman in HS(obviously wasn't there in 2010). She said it was just too close to home for her on both counts.

He was of course also involved in the Balco case, he has a long history of being in trouble.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I know I've posted this before but we saw Stubblefield twice in Sunnyvale and Santa Clara in the same year. Both times with the same woman and both times they were loudly arguing.

This was a few years ago and it turned out to be the now ex girlfriend he had several domestic incidents with including being charged with mail fraud because he put in a false change of address form so he could steal her mail.

A friend of mine posted about this story this morning because he was arrested in Morgan Hill where she lives, and she pointed out in 2010 he was an assistant football coach at Valley Christian HS where she and her husband graduated and where their son is now a freshman in HS(obviously wasn't there in 2010). She said it was just too close to home for her on both counts.

He was of course also involved in the Balco case, he has a long history of being in trouble.

lots of people have history making poor decisions in their life... but being a jackass does not make them guilty of every accusation.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lots of people have history making poor decisions in their life... but being a jackass does not make them guilty of every accusation.

I didn't say he was guilty, didn't even begin to comment on the latest charge.

I just pointed out he has a LONG history of issues with the law, if he were to be convicted in this case he's in big trouble, one story I read says he is still on parole from a prior domestic case.

I have no idea what happened, his attorney is claiming he passed a lie detector test, which is essentially worthless in court but better than nothing. And they insist they have PROOF the sex was consensual, unless they have it on video I'm not sure how they could have proof of that so that's odd but they insist they do.

He does have a fairly clear history of domestic issues that will work against him in a court trial if it gets to that.

From the initial story it's hard to say but sure sounds like the job interview was a cover for prostitution but who knows.