OT - ESPN says it obtained notebook documenting Rose 1986 bets

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

ESPN says it obtained a notebook that shows Pete Rose bet on Cincinnati Reds games during his last season as an active player in 1986. The career hits leader agreed to a lifetime ban from baseball in 1989 after an investigation by John Dowd, a lawyer retained by Major League Baseball, concluded he bet on the Reds to win from 1985-87 while he was a player and manager. Rose repeatedly denied the allegations before admitting in a 2004 autobiography he bet on Cincinnati to win while he managed the team.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I figured he'd get in the Hall after he died... but with this, Rose will never be in there.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I figured he'd get in the Hall after he died... but with this, Rose will never be in there.
There is a line to be drawn between being aggressive and arrogant.

They say that time heals all wounds. Not so. Some wounds never heal.

For the sake of the reputation of MLB, I am glad to see that justice still prevails and cheating and lying are not condoned.

The cheaters who broke home run records were bad enough.

Betting on MLB baseball while a player and manager goes even farther. Pete Rose is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but even he had to know better.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was there any real doubt that he was betting while playing? He always denied it but I think it was pretty questioned.

rose always has a way of lying his ass off, then when the truth comes out he down plays it. I think his quote regarding this matter was "I said I never bet while a player and a manager" well no **** pete.

To me, this changes nothing. He belongs in the hall

Kind of funny the timing this comes out by ESPN.. He has been talking on the Fox MLB station, and the allstar game is about to be in Cincy. Is ESPN the new fox, in a world of corrupt news.? There's no way they JUST came across this news

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw Pete Rose.

Did it to himself and he has been a lying jerk about it ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05