OT: Random Question: Does Peyton Manning......

Does Manning win Superbowl with Bob Sanders and Dwight Freeney ?

• Total voters

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Does Peyton Manning win a Superbowl without Bob Sanders, and Dwight Freeney ?

I will tell you why afterwards.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. I happen to know that last March 20th there was something done with some eye of newt and toe of frog and water that had never passed through a pipe.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im gonna ignore whatever this thread is abbout.

I like Bob Sanders. Ive never seen somebody who plays with so much disregard for their own health. No wonder hes injured 24/7, its because he throws his entire soul behind his tackles. Feel for the guy. Had he pulled it back and played just a smidge more conservatively, hed be a perrenial pro bowler. unfortunately, his careers been cut short by his playing style. What a beast though. Id rather go over the middle and get blindsided by Lewis than get smashed by Bob Sanders.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't know but I know he won't win one in Denver, eye of newt be damned.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Anyway the point is, on a lazy Friday evening I was half-watching a NFL Top 10 List.

The great Fran Tarkenton said, " A great QB cannot win a Superbowl all by himself, it takes a team."

Now we can fight over symmentics, or we can fight over the point of the statement.

In my opinion Peyton Manning has been the closest I have seen to pulling this feat off. This is winning a Superbowl-championship, "all by himself".

Yet, so far, in my mind, Fran Tarkenton is right. There was always an edge for every team, even those who had a phenominal QB.

Even more so, there have been teams that have won the Superbowl without even a "good" QB. But, the last to do it was the Ravens, and actually Manning beat the last team to get to the Superbowl with a sub-par team, in the Bears.

I don't think Manning's team beats the Bears, or gets to the Superbowl without Freeney and Sanders, and when I say that, I mean both defenders, especially Bob Sanders, IMO, make huge, almost, equal contributions to getting the ring.

Another one that was close, was our own run with Kurt Warner, but as amazingly good as Kurt played, he needed Larry Fitzgerald for that run.

Just an interesting question, especially in today's NFL, where the QB is almost seemed to be the be all, end all. But, you still need a team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05