OT - Renowned football agent Eugene Parker dies at 60

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz's agent, among others.

Eugene Parker, a renowned football agent who represented Hall of Fame players Emmitt Smith and Deion Sanders, has died. He was 60.

He died of cancer Thursday, his family said in a statement.

One of the first prominent African-American football agents, Parker presented Sanders for induction into the hall in 2011.

Parker was a tough negotiator and one of the more active NFL agents, with a current client list that included stars Larry Fitzgerald and Alshon Jeffery. His company, Relativity Sports, recently signed potential first-round picks Laquon Treadwell and Jaylon Smith for this year's draft. Relativity represented three of the top seven picks in the 2015 draft.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very sad news. I had a lot of respect for him and the way he conducted business. Sixty is way too young.

RIP Mr. Parker.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I watched him play shooting guard at Purdue all four years he was there...excellent player...drafted by the Spurs, he was unfortunately, a 2-guard in a point guard's body.

Made the right decision to change careers, was still very involved with Purdue as well.

I've got autographed programs from his time there...I used to sneak into the Purdue basketball locker room after games.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sad.

Could you imagine though if CC had selected him as an agent though? (of course cancer is a known thing)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad. He literally owned Rod Graves at the negotiation table.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk