Paramount Lawsuit Claims PAs ‘Forced’ to Poop in Their Cars

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Yep. Clooney had interviewed for 2 magazines and both times he had talked about that incident. Here is what he said in one of the magazine interviews. Scroll to the second bigger article, I was the kid that David supposedly kicked and was screaming at. Careful, there's some f bombs...

https://m.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1aekim/til_george_clooney_got_into_a_fistfight_with/

The next day, I ran into Clooney again in a dressing room(i ended up playing an Iraqi solider to so I had to get all kinds of makeup on, Clooney was sitting next to me. If you have seen the movie, I was the guy that was shot and killed and landed on Spike Lee in the helicopter scene.) I thanked Clooney for sticking up for me and he said no problem because it was the last straw as David had been doing it all through filming. Pretty cool experience!

One other thing, Clooney said that David threw me down and kicked me. That didn't happen. He just took his shoulder and went into me a few times. I had MP(Military Police) padding on, similar to bulletproof vest, so what he was doing wasn't hurting at all. Yea he screamed at me and cussed me out, but never threw me down and kicked me. I wasn't even embarrassed. Was in such awe with all the movie stars and stunt guys around me trying to help me out after that showing me how to fall without getting hurt, ice cube, Jamie Kennedy, dude that played Bubba in Forrest gump, Clooney, Walberg. So don't always believe what you hear in the newspapers/magazines. :D

I also think I had more face time then was shown in the movie, but I feel at this point David hated me and cut most of me out. Just a fun theory.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
To be fair, David O. Russell has a terrible reputation in this town, and the feud with him and Clooney is the stuff of legend (and still exists to this day).

The way he acted on set, I'm surprised he still is able to get actors to act in his movies.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Yep. Clooney had interviewed for 2 magazines and both times he had talked about that incident. Here is what he said in one of the magazine interviews. Scroll to the second bigger article, I was the kid that David supposedly kicked and was screaming at. Careful, there's some f bombs...

https://m.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/1aekim/til_george_clooney_got_into_a_fistfight_with/

The next day, I ran into Clooney again in a dressing room(i ended up playing an Iraqi solider to so I had to get all kinds of makeup on, Clooney was sitting next to me. If you have seen the movie, I was the guy that was shot and killed and landed on Spike Lee in the helicopter scene.) I thanked Clooney for sticking up for me and he said no problem because it was the last straw as David had been doing it all through filming. Pretty cool experience!

One other thing, Clooney said that David threw me down and kicked me. That didn't happen. He just took his shoulder and went into me a few times. I had MP(Military Police) padding on, similar to bulletproof vest, so what he was doing wasn't hurting at all. Yea he screamed at me and cussed me out, but never threw me down and kicked me. I wasn't even embarrassed. Was in such awe with all the movie stars and stunt guys around me trying to help me out after that showing me how to fall without getting hurt, ice cube, Jamie Kennedy, dude that played Bubba in Forrest gump, Clooney, Walberg. So don't always believe what you hear in the newspapers/magazines. :D

I also think I had more face time then was shown in the movie, but I feel at this point David hated me and cut most of me out. Just a fun theory.
Honestly sounds like an awesome experience! Not too many people can say they've been physically assaulted by a top-notch director :D

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What's crazy is the residuals these actors make. I don't know the exact number but it's got to be pretty high. I became a sag member that day because of the falling I had to do. So I guess all sag actors/stunt men get residuals from the movie. It's 20 years since this movie was filmed and I still am receiving residual checks. I just got another one yesterday for $8. Not much but just think what the main actors are still getting. Crazy!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What's crazy is the residuals these actors make. I don't know the exact number but it's got to be pretty high. I became a sag member that day because of the falling I had to do. So I guess all sag actors/stunt men get residuals from the movie. It's 20 years since this movie was filmed and I still am receiving residual checks. I just got another one yesterday for $8. Not much but just think what the main actors are still getting. Crazy!

I knew a guy that was an extra/stunt guy in the Village. He was in one scene where he jumped out, in costume, and wrestled a main character for a few seconds. He was getting a couple hundred bucks for a while there, every year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Residuals are easily the greatest thing any union in hollywood ever fought for. If you get on the right show/movie, you can ride residuals for a very long time. I lost my job on NCIS: NOLA last April and have been looking for another writing gig since then... and in those 10 months, I made as much money in residuals then I did my best year on a TV staff. They're a freaking godsend.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I just aways wished that three kings was a block buster as I know I would have been making a lot more money in residuals then I have been. Either way, pretty cool getting anything 20 years later.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Residuals are easily the greatest thing any union in hollywood ever fought for. If you get on the right show/movie, you can ride residuals for a very long time. I lost my job on NCIS: NOLA last April and have been looking for another writing gig since then... and in those 10 months, I made as much money in residuals then I did my best year on a TV staff. They're a freaking godsend.

Why did you lose your job?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just aways wished that three kings was a block buster as I know I would have been making a lot more money in residuals then I have been. Either way, pretty cool getting anything 20 years later.

It's up on Netflix now. Watched it last night. You're welcome :)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's up on Netflix now. Watched it last night. You're welcome :)

Ha ha thanks! Go back and pause the spot where ice cube says "get out the way" where a mp tries to stop him before the border. You will see my 19 year old goofy face look back at you as he pushes me aside. :D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did you lose your job?

the network wasn't super happy with the ratings after S1, so they blew out all the mid-level writers (I was what's known as a Story Editor) on the staff and brought in more heavy-hitters (Co-EPs, co-executive producers) to try and juice the numbers... which have pretty much stayed even with the second half of last year.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05