Parsons - screwup

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another good read but bad execution on the bomb to McAddley. Not good.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by CaliforniaCard
When the hell are they going to bring in a REAL backup QB?:???:

They have their backup...McCown. They will go with him for at least this season and next as their #2.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
They have their backup...McCown. They will go with him for at least this season and next as their #2.

Thats BS! McCowns status as the "project" should earn him nothing more than the 3rd string. They SHOULD have a veteran in the 2nd slot to be the backup, and give McCown someone to compete against. Parsons deserves nothing more than the PS at this point!:-?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats BS! McCowns status as the "project" should earn him nothing more than the 3rd string. They SHOULD have a veteran in the 2nd slot to be the backup, and give McCown someone to compete against. Parsons deserves nothing more than the PS at this point!:-?

I don't disagree but I think they are happy moving forward as is.

I was saying last year that I wanted Blake alot but I also wanted them to bring in a vet QB to compete as backup. Not to make McCown a #3 necessarily but to push him and make him work for the job. Of course I also felt it was imperative the coaches work him into games....and a start.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCown looks ten times better than last year, but I still don't want him as backup, yet. He's a decent third string at this point, not a #2 QB. IMO.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
McCown looks ten times better than last year, but I still don't want him as backup, yet. He's a decent third string at this point, not a #2 QB. IMO.

Yeah, at the very least we need two viable options at backup. The Rams proved this last year. Jaime Martin was supposed to be the GUY be hind Warner, but when he didn't work out they turned to Bulger with good results.

Are you telling me that in the event McCown has to play and struggles, we are going to turn to Parsons? If the answer is even remotely no, then you HAVE to bring in someone else. Hell the Bucs signed Matthews and Miller when they already had King, AND drafted Simms.

Last edited:

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would like to see McCown behind the 1st string line. I think he had a good game, but there was some breakdowns in protection in the line he was behind. He has a lot of zip on the ball. He is much better than last year.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Yeah, at the very least we need two viable options at backup. The Rams proved this last year. Jaime Martin was supposed to be the GUY be hind Warner, but when he didn't work out they turned to Bulger with good results.

Are you telling me that in the event McCown has to play and struggles, we are going to turn to Parsons? If the answer is no, then you HAVE to bring in someone else. Hell the Bucs signed Matthews and Miller when they already had King, AND drafted Simms.

CC:

Dammit, Ray Lucas is still waiting for the phone to ring, unless Parcells is already calling him after tonight...

WC

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wild Card
CC:

Dammit, Ray Lucas is still waiting for the phone to ring, unless Parcells is already calling him after tonight...

WC

NO CRAP! I mean wtf, he may not be the best alternative, but hell, at least he is AN alternative.

pinnacle

Reaction score
Of the 22 starters...who is the guy that we can least afford to lose? In my opinion...hands down Jeff Blake.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hands down

Blake sucked tonight. McCown looked decent. Parsons wasn't bad. Blake overthrew everyone on the deep routes.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Re: Hands down

Originally posted by jstadvl
Blake sucked tonight. McCown looked decent. Parsons wasn't bad. Blake overthrew everyone on the deep routes.

Hey, I'd rather he overthrew them than to one hop it, or give the DB position by throwing it short. :D

Don't worry the timing will come, after all the whole idea of throwing it long is to make the reciver extend to make the catch and continue running away from the DB. :)

Last edited:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm not

worried. Just telling it like I, I, got to see it. I know the chemistry will come,but, to bash one, when Blake looked awfull,isn't right.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blake led two drives for scores in the first quarter. We've seen precious little of that the last few seasons. Was he spectacular? No, not even close. But, he didn't screw us out of points either.

For the first game, I'll take it.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I thought McCown looked really bad against Dallas' top defense in the first half. Did he get us a first down?

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Re: I'm not

Originally posted by jstadvl
worried. Just telling it like I, I, got to see it. I know the chemistry will come,but, to bash one, when Blake looked awfull,isn't right.

Hey man, not bashin ya, se I even went back and put some smileys in for ya. :wink:

You're right though, I didn't get to see it first hand, I'm just sayin it's still early, and we'll be alright. :thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
Man I thought McCown looked really bad against Dallas' top defense in the first half. Did he get us a first down?

That sack when McCown first took over was BRUTAL. He got completely blindsided.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sack was Scobey's fault. He should have recognized the blitzer and blocked. Instead he delays for a second then takes off. Not a second later McCown gets murdered.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couldn't see/only read and hear - but McCown yesterday sure didn't sound any different than McCown a year ago (at least in the first half).

If so, it's not good enough. We need someone behind Blake who can win games for us.

although - Did McCown during the TD drive to open up the second half, look any different than he did in the first half? (i.e. did he settle down after 15 mins in the lockerroom?)

Also - the nfl.com play by play log had Parsons replace McCown, but continued to credit McCown on plays throughout the balance of the game. Did McCown come in and replace Parsons again? Or was it just another nfl.com foulup?

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
C.C.

Thanks for that. I'm cool with most of thethings thrown my way. A smiley backat ya
Jeff, Parson played most, if not all, of the fourth Q. He didn't look bad. Mc Cown didn't either. But, once Parson was in he stayed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05