Patrick Willis

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
9 tackles, 2 assists, 1 QB hurry and 1 forced fumble = STUD.

FWIW, Dansby filled up the stat sheet as well with 4 tackles, 7 assists, 0.5 sacks, 1 QB hurry and one forced fumble. :thumbup:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
9 tackles, 2 assists, 1 QB hurry and 1 forced fumble = STUD.

FWIW, Dansby filled up the stat sheet as well with 4 tackles, 7 assists, 0.5 sacks, 1 QB hurry and one forced fumble. :thumbup:

That kid's a monster allready! Maybe Walter was right, he was worth the #5. levi's doing well so far however. We just didn't have the luxury of taking Willis. But with how everythings worked out , right now I'd rather have him and Staley than Brown and Branch. Could you imagine the 3-4 with Hayes and Willis in the middle and Dansby on the outside again. That's scary! :shock:

BigWatson

Registered
Reaction score
Have you actually watched him play? Terrelle Smith absolutely killed him on that TD run by James. We had a "great" running game and Willis' tackles came like 5 yards downfield. The other time when he came through the line unblocked he got smacked by Marcel Shipp. His stats look nice, but on the field he looked...just like a rookie. Derek Smith, Brandon Moore and especially Manny Lawson outplayed him yesterday.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Have you actually watched him play? Terrelle Smith absolutely killed him on that TD run by James. We had a "great" running game and Willis' tackles came like 5 yards downfield. The other time when he came through the line unblocked he got smacked by Marcel Shipp. His stats look nice, but on the field he looked...just like a rookie. Derek Smith, Brandon Moore and especially Manny Lawson outplayed him yesterday.

If your responding to me. Yeah I actually watched him play. He wreaked alot of havoc out there for a Rook..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow. Spoken like someone who didn't watch Willis play. He was all over the field yesterday. Yes Smith made a great block, and took Willis out of that play. The other play, Shipp got a block on him, but he still forced Leinart out of the pocket, and into an incomplete pass IIRC.

Are you really saying that Derek Smith, Brandon Moore and especially Manny Lawson outplayed him yesterday? Seriously?

Read this again if you missed it.

9 tackles, 2 assists, 1 QB hurry and 1 forced fumble

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
with him and Lawson, that linebacker corp is gonna wreak a lot of havoc

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Vernon Davis is so overrated, I still haven't seen a thing from him to justify his hype. This could be Alex Smith's fault though......

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Vernon Davis is so overrated, I still haven't seen a thing from him to justify his hype. This could be Alex Smith's fault though......
But he put up great "Combine" Numbers...

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Spoken like someone who didn't watch Willis play. He was all over the field yesterday. Yes Smith made a great block, and took Willis out of that play. The other play, Shipp got a block on him, but he still forced Leinart out of the pocket, and into an incomplete pass IIRC.

Actually, it wasn't incomplete. Because after Marcel smacked him, he got outside to catch the screen pass, which responsibility he had temporarily vacated to save Leinart's life. He picked up about 10 yards and got smacked himself. On the play, however Wells was called for ineligible downfield because the play had been disrupted by Willis to begin with. Actually, the athleticism shown by players from both teams was awesome on that play. It may have been the best play of the game.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Actually, it wasn't incomplete. Because after Marcel smacked him, he got outside to catch the screen pass, which responsibility he had temporarily vacated to save Leinart's life. He picked up about 10 yards and got smacked himself. On the play, however Wells was called for ineligible downfield because the play had been disrupted by Willis to begin with. Actually, the athleticism shown by players from both teams was awesome on that play. It may have been the best play of the game.

That was an awsome play by Shipp to save Leinart's butt and then have the presence to catch the pass and take it upfield. Overall I thought Shipp should have been used more even though Edge played pretty well also.

Genus49

Reaction score

wow...take off the rose colored glasses.

All MLBs get blocked at some point, they are men after all. Good for Smith to get a nice block on Willis. But you're on crack if you're saying Willis didn't do a good job. He was all over the field and in on almost every defensive play.

As for that play you claim Willis got smacked BY Shipp...dood open your eyes. Willis blitzed and he got back there so quick the line didn't have time to pick him up. It's not like they just let him go. And Shipp just got in his way he certainly didn't smack anyone. Willis blew through him and that threw the timing on the play off...causing the penalty for an illeagal man downfield.

And please don't mention Derek Smith and Willis in the same breath. I still get sick thinking of how he just pushed Edge when he caugh a shovel pass from Leinart.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you're right. It was a pass to Shipp.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the hell are you evaluating the line if you are posting on here? Get back to work.

HA.

I'm doing this posting now, because I am at work. I get off of work in a couple of hours to focus on the line play.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Willis was all over the place but i thought alot of his plays were made downfield about 5-10 yards. A nice game for a rookie MLB but let's not go crazy here. The Cards rushed for 150+ yards. I can't say any MLB had a great game when that happens. Also, he led with his helmet and should have been called for a penalty on the Leinart hit.

Genus49

Reaction score
Willis was all over the place but i thought alot of his plays were made downfield about 5-10 yards. A nice game for a rookie MLB but let's not go crazy here. The Cards rushed for 150+ yards. I can't say any MLB had a great game when that happens. Also, he led with his helmet and should have been called for a penalty on the Leinart hit.

Well he is a linebacker...he can't be making all the plays behind the line of scrimage. He was making the plays anyways...that's what good linebackers do. They get to the ball and tackle. He did that.

And for the last time...he didn't hit with his helmet. Stop crying. How many people have to say that's not the case before people stop saying it?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Well he is a linebacker...he can't be making all the plays behind the line of scrimage. He was making the plays anyways...that's what good linebackers do. They get to the ball and tackle. He did that.

And for the last time...he didn't hit with his helmet. Stop crying. How many people have to say that's not the case before people stop saying it?
I'm not crying, it was a penalty that wasn't called.Stuff like that happens all the time. I wouldn't necessarily say getting the ball and tackle is the mark of a good LB if he's getting to the ball carrier 8 yards downfield. I'm not ripping the guy.He was all over the field. I'm just not ready to annoint him DROY after 1 game where the offense ran for over 150 yards. Karlos Dansby had a much better game than Willis and you don't see people on here naming him all-pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05