Penny update

fordronken

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this guy's summer antics still crack me up.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&id=2686826

Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway: The former All-Star has hardly been seen since the Knicks dealt him to Orlando for Steve Francis, though there was talk the Bobcats were considering him before they settled on Derek Anderson. His agent did not return a call seeking an update. Hardaway wrote on his Web site this summer that his knees feel "great" and he was dunking.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is dunking? Quick someone sign him to a max contract.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
Hardaway wrote on his Web site this summer that his knees feel "great" and he was dunking.
The man is a 6' 7" professional basketball player, and happy he's dunking? I'm about 6'0", 50 lbs. overweight and white, with a couple surgically repaired ankle ligaments, and I can get a couple fingers on the rim. If I had seven more inches, I'd be dunking too. You'd think his standards would be a bit higher.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The man is a 6' 7" professional basketball player, and happy he's dunking? I'm about 6'0", 50 lbs. overweight and white, with a couple surgically repaired ankle ligaments, and I can get a couple fingers on the rim. If I had seven more inches, I'd be dunking too. You'd think his standards would be a bit higher.

But do you have a tattoo which reads "SECOND HALF: HEAVEN SENT"?

Tim

Reaction score
But do you have a tattoo which reads "SECOND HALF: HEAVEN SENT"?

I believe it was "Heaven Cent" - which is even funnier on many levels.

I always liked Penny as a player, but it was hard to see an athlete who had obvious limitations but didn't realize them. He never embraced the fact that he could fill a role and still be an important contributor.

cly2tw

Reaction score
What's up with Shandon Anderson? Can he still play? We might need some insurance on SGs come playoff time.

Nash

Reaction score
What's up with Shandon Anderson? Can he still play? We might need some insurance on SGs come playoff time.

insurance for SGs?? you serious?
Bell, Barbosa, Rose, James, Jumaine, Pike.

cly2tw

Reaction score
insurance for SGs?? you serious?
Bell, Barbosa, Rose, James, Jumaine, Pike.

Only Bell is a true SG on your list. Others are either too small or too slow.