Per Gambo Barron is number 1 on Cards draft board

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He said he was down at the facility this morning and talking to some people who told him it's Barron, Floyd then OT in that order. I know not to trust anything teams put out at draft time and also it's coming from Gambo, but just thought I'd pass along for those who haven't heard. Barron would be an awesome selection but no way do I expect him to be there when Cards pick.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
In other words: "Hey other teams! Come and get him before the Cowboys snatch him up! We're willing to trade."

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't put much stock in this but I hope it's true regardless. Barron would be a dream pick. Even if he's not on the top of our board, Barron falling to us would be the best scenario. He's one of the few players that might entice a decent trade-up scenario from a couple of teams in the mid to late teens.

Steve

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
In other words: "Hey other teams! Come and get him before the Cowboys snatch him up! We're willing to trade."

Exactly. Smokescreen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't put much stock in this but I hope it's true regardless. Barron would be a dream pick. Even if he's not on the top of our board, Barron falling to us would be the best scenario. He's one of the few players that might entice a decent trade-up scenario from a couple of teams in the mid to late teens.

Steve

I agree. You take the best available player, period. Guys that will make an immediate impact. The same can be said for last years draft. Cornerback was not a need pick for us at the time but PP was the BPA and we know how good that worked out. Whereas, the opposite end of the spectrum was when we drafted Levi Brown for need, instead of AP (BPA). You build a team with playmakers, regardless of need.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They have 2 level of security guards (huge guys) that you'd have to get through to even get back to the door where the war room is.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. Not saying it's true (considering the source), but if true, then the Cards would be valuing the strength of a safety in Horton's defense highly.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Pretty much. Maybe some are really wanting to see if we do actually take him. We'd probably get even better offers afterwards. Some were maybe hoping he'd fall through the cracks.

But if so Keim was sure putting up smoke only talking about Reiff, DeCastro, Ingram, Floyd, Glenn and Upshaw......

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
They have 2 level of security guards (huge guys) that you'd have to get through to even get back to the door where the war room is.

Yeah, they hired our Offensive Tackles to moonlight for this job, so Gambo had no problem getting inside.

seesred

Reaction score
IMO if Floyd is there he is a Cardinal.
Can you imagine Fitz and Floyd over the next 5 years. The only question is do we have a qb that can get it to them!

GBR

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
There should be consequences for unreliable media people who spread misinformation like Gambo does.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He said he was down at the facility this morning and talking to some people who told him it's Barron, Floyd then OT in that order. I know not to trust anything teams put out at draft time and also it's coming from Gambo, but just thought I'd pass along for those who haven't heard. Barron would be an awesome selection but no way do I expect him to be there when Cards pick.

Nick Saban told the coaching staff that Barron was the best safety he's coached since Rashard Johnson.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mods - We should start a "They said it" thread, with Gambo's statement at the top of the list. Once we've accunulated enough comments (accurate or not) we should make it a sticky.

It's one way we can know who's credible and hold the others accountable.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Someone please tell Gambo that he has gone too far, now he is stealing my faulty info on the Cards wanting to select Barron :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05