Peter King's Mock, Shiny New Move!

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/04/27/mock.part1/index.html

Trade winds blowing in mock draft

Lions are lynchpin in what could be chaotic first round

Posted: Friday April 27, 2007 12:18PM; Updated: Friday April 27, 2007 12:40PM
You must be registered for see images
QB JaMarcus Russell LSU Jr.6-6 260

I've heard it all. Lane Kiffin likes Brady Quinn better. Al Davis is smitten with Calvin Johnson. When all's been said, they'll take the best player at their position of greatest need.

FILM ROOM: JaMarcus Russell

WR Calvin Johnson Georgia Tech Jr. 6-5 235

What Matt Millen wants to do is trade down, obviously. He might find a partner in Washington owner Dan Snyder. They talked at length Thursday. The most likely scenario has Millen taking Johnson even if he can't deal him.

FILM ROOM: Calvin Johnson

QB Brady Quinn Notre Dame Sr.6-4 228

Women of Cleveland, rejoice. You've got your matinee idol. Men of Cleveland, have hope. Quinn was 2-8 against Michigan, USC and in bowl games at Notre Dame, but the Irish had less talent in most of those games.

FILM ROOM: Brady Quinn

DE Gaines Adams Clemson Sr.6-5 260

Defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin would be thrilled with either Adams or Amobi Okoye to begin the reconstruction of an old defense. And the Bucs don't want to dismantle their draft for one player, even if it's Calvin Johnson.

FILM ROOM: Gaines Adams

OT Joe Thomas Wisconsin Sr.6-8 315

TRADE: I've had the feeling for a month that Arizona liked Levi Brown better than Thomas as their left tackle of the future. Miami sends a second-rounder, less than the trade chart mandates, but just fine with Arizona.

FILM ROOM: Joe Thomas

DT Amobi Okoye Louisville Sr. 6-1 315

"Who should I give you guys in my mock draft?" I said to Daniel Snyder on Thursday. "Give us Calvin Johnson," he said with a big smile. OK. Now, sir, you've got to go get it done. If not, don't be shocked at a rekindling of the Lance Briggs deal, or this 19-year-old Louisville phenom.

FILM ROOM: Amobi Okoye

S LaRon Landry LSU Sr.6-2 202

"Aside from Calvin Johnson, he's the safest pick in the draft," one NFC draftman told me. Vikes are also interested Adrian Peterson, but his health appears to be an issue.

FILM ROOM: LaRon Landry

RB Adrian Peterson Oklahoma Jr.6-2 220

Peterson wins a battle in Falcons war room over Levi Brown. If not here, Peterson could sink like Big *****'s body after it was thrown overboard off the Jersey coast. Much skepticism in draft rooms over his 2007 availability.

FILM ROOM: Adrian Peterson

OT Levi Brown Penn State Sr.6-5 328
TRADE: Brown's more of a masher than Joe Thomas, and new coach Ken Whisenhunt likes that, as does resident masher/line coach Russ Grimm. What Leonard Davis lacked in toughness, Brown's got.

FILM ROOM: Levi Brown

LB Patrick Willis Mississippi Sr.6-2 240

Please, GM Rick Smith says, call me. Call me! I want to trade down! I won't live by the trade chart! I promise! The phone never rings, except for Matt Schaub calling and asking for a receiver. Smith takes the best player left on his board.

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I like it alot.. I love to trade down and get a 2nd round pick , plus still get Brown. Go Cards

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of pissed off campers if this scenario plays out.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'd be thrilled, but I'd try to force both of their 2nds out of Miami. If they really want to move up, they'd do it...with Peterson and Landry there, and with Miami wanting Thomas, there are too many other potential partners to leverage against Miami.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It's passing on guys like Peterson and Landry that have made the Cards the team they are today. That second round choice not only falls short on the value chart it fails to recognize the huge drop off in talent after the first 8-10 picks. It's true that Brown is the road grader type that Pitts has made famous, but, like Thomas, I'm not sure he has the attitude to make a major difference. While not as bad as the Pace/Johnson move, this would be close. Teams win with leaders and impact players. This move would pass on those types and get two more hole fillers.