Please, Tell Me All About Beanie Not Being Injury Prone

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Beanie placed on the PUP list.

Per the twits.

If I'm not mistaken that means he can't be activated until training camp is over.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's obviously a walking injury. The fact that he had just a "clean up" six months ago and is on the PUP is cause for concern.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It was clarified (via Twitter) that he will be able to return to camp as he was placed on the PUP list before camp began.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So all of the "I will be ready by training camp" talk was hocum?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I don't think I can question Beanie's toughness after that Rams game. Just wish he could catch a break in his recovery.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think I can question Beanie's toughness after that Rams game. Just wish he could catch a break in his recovery.

Whos to say his knees werent pumped full of Cortisol?

I like Beanie, but somethings you just cant control. The guys career is hanging in the balance, hes just got shoddy ligaments. I think a healthy Beanie couldve been one of the best backs in the league. From the little flashes of awesomeness we saw, I dont think he was ever playing 100% either. Huge potential.

aw well, if hes smart with his money, he can live comfortably for the rest of his life.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I can question Beanie's toughness after that Rams game.
I don't think it's a question of toughness. There are plenty of guys who are tough as nails...but are also fragile as glass.

You can't play through some of these injuries he's getting--it's not his fault, but none the less, I'm glad we have Williams and hope he can stay healthy. I wish we'd kept Hightower (despite his injury last year he's not necessarily injury prone).

Here's to wishing Beanie a full and speedy recovery! :cheers:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt insists Beanie Wells' (knee surgery) placement on the active/PUP list for the beginning of camp was expected, and that he will not be sidelined for an "extended" period.

But there was never any mention of it being expected anywhere that I remember. Just goes to show what a joke the Phoenix media is when it comes to covering the Cardinals. Any chance Somers is going to retire soon. Oh wait he's already retired.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Because Williams is no injury risk, right.

I'll worry when Wells misses any regular season games. Most people would complain if he was used in the pre-season anyway. Now we complain when he's not going to be used in the pre-season :shrug:.

The problem is that he needs to be healthy and getting into real football shape to be ready for the beginning of the season, which he will not be working towards on the PUP. Honestly, if he only comes off the PUP just before the regular season, I hope he sits for a few games. Otherwise, he stands a good risk of getting hurt because he isn't in football shape. Yeah, it's great that these guys work out like beasts in the offseason, but it is not the same thing.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Complete faith

I have complete faith in Beanie Wells, He'll play well in spite of Ken whisenhunt.

Whiz is a cut throat forcing Beanie to ruin his reputation by forcing Beanie to say his knee was bruised- When in fact He had secret surgery after Whiz had him in too late in a preseason game in 2010.

Somebody please explain why this was handled this way? Made Beanie look like a stupid wimp and THT look like a starting RB! I don't trust a thing Ken Whisenhunt says and have never seen another HC destroy young stars like Beanie on purpose?

link oct 2010 "the Talk" Sheesh
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...unt-Talk/e94ffb8f-96d2-41a9-b63e-3bfbe242e198

Beanie Wells didn’t expect such an uproar after he talked earlier this week about wanting the ball more often. He just wants to contribute.​

But the running back and coach Ken Whisenhunt had their discussion after Wells’ comments, and as far as Wells is concerned, “Coach understands where I was coming from.”​

That’s what Whisenhunt said Wednesday, saying that he does realize Wells is frustrated.​

“I think we’re all frustrated with the way things have gone for us,” Whisenhunt said. “Beanie is a good player. He feels like when we are not performing as well that he wants to help the team. It would have been my preference he would have talked to me about it before.​

“Beanie and I have had discussions before this week about where he is and what the expectations are, but those things happen.”​

Wells ran the ball three straight times when he first entered Sunday’s game and the Cards trailing 14-7. He gained seven yards on each of the first two carries and then lost two yards, leading to a pair of pass plays and then a punt. The Cards ran just three offensive plays after that before falling behind, 28-7.​

Wells still didn’t sound convinced his reasoning was wrong, but “I said some things I probably shouldn’t have said and I think guys took it out of context and it is what it is.”​

2010 whiz lie link
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...To-Third/51f2b8ee-17cc-46a2-89ad-34fda98efbfc

“I didn't do team (part of practice) just because they didn't want to pound on me too much but we plan to increase a bit more each day,” Wells said, adding he was “good.”

“It seems like it's a broken record now,” coach Ken Whisenhunt said. “We're saying the same thing (as last week) but I think he'll do a lot more in practice (Thursday) if there's not any swelling or reaction to what he did today. He did more today than he's ever done (the past few weeks). I expect him to be more integrated into practice (Thursday) if we don't have a setback.”​

Whisenhunt cautioned things can always change, but Wells sounded confident he’d play against the Raiders.​

"I think this offense can go through me, definitely," Wells said.​

link WHIZ still lying killing Beanies rep promoting THT
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...Prepares/3d172c0a-8f8a-4e36-8a9d-686b7ab8887a

The talk of the offseason was what Wells would do in his second year. The talk of training camp was when Wells was going to become a starter. The talk of the first week was how Wells’ injured knee was healing.​

Meanwhile, Hightower – in his third year, still starting despite Wells’ presence – continues to prepare. Regardless of Beanie’s situation, Hightower was going to start in St. Louis Sunday. He remains a key to the Cards’ offense envisioned by coach Ken Whisenhunt, even if in many eyes he trails the Beanie bandwagon.​

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over-reaction.

It was already said that he would be limited through training camp to save him for the season. Same with Williams.

Almost all preseason carries will be Larod, James, and Smith. We aren't risking either guy in games that don't count.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If Williams and Wells combine for more than 30 carries over the course of the 5 games of the preseason, Whis should go under some well-deserved criticism. There's no reason to expose either of those guys to the pounding.

The way that Whis was pounding Beanie in the Washington preseason game two years ago was absolutely shameful. No purpose and no sense in it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Over-reaction.

It was already said that he would be limited through training camp to save him for the season. Same with Williams.

Almost all preseason carries will be Larod, James, and Smith. We aren't risking either guy in games that don't count.

Agree. This, along with King's PUP placement, are precautionary. Whiz has indicated many times he's not concerned.

For Beanie's sake, he needs to get on the field as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The problem is that he needs to be healthy and getting into real football shape to be ready for the beginning of the season, which he will not be working towards on the PUP. Honestly, if he only comes off the PUP just before the regular season, I hope he sits for a few games. Otherwise, he stands a good risk of getting hurt because he isn't in football shape. Yeah, it's great that these guys work out like beasts in the offseason, but it is not the same thing.
It's not like he's going to be sitting in the player's lounge with a bag of chips watching TV. He'll be working out, getting ready, and doing football/ RB drills. He just won't face any live contact. There are alot of times starting RB's see little or no pre-season carries. I don't know the PUP rules for pre-season, but I think they could activate him for game 5 to give him a couple carries. But that's all I would want him to have.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I have complete faith in Beanie Wells, He'll play well in spite of Ken whisenhunt.

Whiz is a cut throat forcing Beanie to ruin his reputation by forcing Beanie to say his knee was bruised- When in fact He had secret surgery after Whiz had him in too late in a preseason game in 2010.

Somebody please explain why this was handled this way? Made Beanie look like a stupid wimp and THT look like a starting RB! I don't trust a thing Ken Whisenhunt says and have never seen another HC destroy young stars like Beanie on purpose?

Those are some serious accusations without proof.

So Wells is sitting out right now cause Whiz told Wells to sit out is what you are saying ?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My guess is that the team is not concerned about Wells and Williams, because we really didn't address RB in the off season. As a fan, and naturally not close to the situation I thought that we'd go after a guy like Benson or a low round draft pick at RB. I just hope the team has it right.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But there was never any mention of it being expected anywhere that I remember. Just goes to show what a joke the Phoenix media is when it comes to covering the Cardinals. Any chance Somers is going to retire soon. Oh wait he's already retired.

I like Somers and Urban a lot..

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus SMEL, really? Whiz forced beanie to lie about his injury? You have noticed that beanie refuses to talk about his injuries right? thats not whiz or all players would be quiet about their injuries. You are delusional.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Let's just say I don't trust them on this. I remember another time when the team failed to address a problem position with injury problems, and a player wasn't ready for camp. That was Hayes, and we ended up absolutely screwed at the position that year. Different players, sure, but eerily similar situations. The team does NOT have my trust with counting on injured players, especially when they don't have contingency plans.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I like Somers and Urban a lot..

They're good reporters. But not much on investigative reporting on the team. Probably not their job. Mainly just bland stuff anyone could write and avoid controversy at all costs most of the time. Urban likely has no choice as he's on the Cards payroll. Compared to the guys in Austin who cover the Longhorns those two are really tame. Most breaking news and insightful information on the Cards seems to come from National guys like Sando.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I have him graded at an 8 which is equal to but no less than 90-94, with injury that can only drop to 7.5 or equal to and greater than 88 but a PUP circumstance the greater than and/or equal to can be lowered or raised accordingly to 96 or a 8.3 depending on the variables. So being on the PUP (or being a third string back-up QB) nets you and average of 9 or 96. Math doesn't lie

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They're good reporters. But not much on investigative reporting on the team. Probably not their job. Mainly just bland stuff anyone could write and avoid controversy at all costs most of the time. Urban likely has no choice as he's on the Cards payroll. Compared to the guys in Austin who cover the Longhorns those two are really tame. Most breaking news and insightful information on the Cards seems to come from National guys like Sando.

They're both good writers, and I love the access that both Somers and Urban give to fans. Darren Urban can only say so much because he's on the payroll, but he does a good job with what he's given. I don't know if he's not editorializing as much or had that responsibility pulled from him, but I wish he put more thoughtful stuff up there.

But Kent Somers I think suffers from the problems of the newspaper industry. He doesn't have any motivation to get better, and there's not a columnist position that he can grow into at the AZR. There's no local compeitition, so he isn't going to get scooped by anyone. I don't know if he's afraid that he'll lose access if he doesn't continue to issue press releases from the team, but basically he listens to what the coaches are saying, and then calls the agents in question for quotes, and then moves on.

The state of sports journalism in the Valley is incredibly dire. Somers's report on the special teams yesterday was embarrassing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05