plummer and boston

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
does anyone here think we would have gone 4 and 0 in preseason and the positive vibes we have about this team if we had kept them.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a word...yes.

The Cardinals defense and ability to run the ball is what got them to 4-0 in the preseason. Plummer and Boston would have had little effect on that.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
In a word...yes.

The Cardinals defense and ability to run the ball is what got them to 4-0 in the preseason. Plummer and Boston would have had little effect on that.
I'll second that thought.:thumbup:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
What is the point of this thread? Who cares about those two they are gone.

OP
OP
J

jtav10

Veteran
Reaction score
cause i am hearing martays name and i think hed be bad for this team just like those two. lets go with who we got and keep the team chemistry going.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Team chemistry will only take you so far. We need talent as well.

Jim O

Reaction score
Originally posted by jtav10
does anyone here think we would have gone 4 and 0 in preseason and the positive vibes we have about this team if we had kept them.

I think that it is impossible to tell. If we would have kept Jake and David, would we have signed Smith, Hodgins, Darling, and Jackson? I don't think so.

Plummer and Boston's cap numbers would have prevented the Cardinals from getting depth and depth is the reason that we were 4-0 this preseason.

I do agree with Beerz...who cares? The new season is upon us. Let's move on!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: plummer and boston

Originally posted by Jim Omohundro
I think that it is impossible to tell. If we would have kept Jake and David, would we have signed Smith, Hodgins, Darling, and Jackson? I don't think so.

Plummer and Boston's cap numbers would have prevented the Cardinals from getting depth and depth is the reason that we were 4-0 this preseason.

I'm not saying both should be back - but come on Jim - you think that Jake and David's cap number's would have combined to be 14.6 million dollars? Hell - no one really even wanted Jake back - that argument doesn't hold any water when we still have such a ridiculous amount of money to spend.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
It's simple. Jake turns the ball over..... wanna win with defense? Then you can't turn the ball over. I'm much happier where we are than where we were.....

Jim O

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: plummer and boston

Originally posted by cheesebeef
I'm not saying both should be back - but come on Jim - you think that Jake and David's cap number's would have combined to be 14.6 million dollars? Hell - no one really even wanted Jake back - that argument doesn't hold any water when we still have such a ridiculous amount of money to spend.

I am not denying that we might have signed a couple of those players, but all of them? No way.

Jake and David are tthe sole reason that we have extra cap space right now. They counted a whole bunch on our cap last year and if we were to have signed them again, they would have counted a bunch this year too.

Blake was cheaper than Jake, and all of our WR's combined are what Boston would have commanded...give or take a couple million.

While they may not have eaten up 14.6 million, it would be pretty damn close.

My point is that if we had Jake and David, our depth would be hurting.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't hardly believe it. We go 4 - 0 in the preseason, our defense looks awesome, we have greater depth than at any time since the Cards moved to Phoenix, we have team spirit, a will to win, and a decent skill level at all positions, and we still have people griping about this team. Give it a rest. The season starts in exactly one week and we should be able to at least get an idea of how good this team really is.

Another thing that is driving me nuts is every time another team releases a player, someone starts a thread about how we should go after them. What's wrong with our players? Maybe we don't have the best, but as far as I can see, they are comparable with any guys any of the other teams are releasing. Look at some of the people we had to cut. A large portion of those guys will be picked up by other teams because they can play football. Do you think Mac and Graves cut the wrong people?

Don't worry. Be happy. The front office has done an amazing job with this team this year. Trust them. They know better than us.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
Don't worry. Be happy. The front office has done an amazing job with this team this year. Trust them. They know better than us.

Better said in Janurary as opposed to August. I'm pleased with how they looked in preseason, but I'm still cautious. It can all fall apart so quickly.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Re: Re: plummer and boston

Originally posted by Jim Omohundro
I do agree with Beerz...who cares? The new season is upon us. Let's move on!
:eek: :eek: :eek: