Poised To Break Out

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rugby, did you notice which two of the five he makes no positive comments on?

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Yes. I thought it was kinda of wierd. In his blog Urban said he was stuck in the house with his two kids.

I blame the kids.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I did notice that the article reminds us indirectly that Larry Fitzgerald is the only Cardinal first round draft pick this century to live up to his draft status*. (And there are some who will even dispute that Fitzgerald has.)

There are 3 guys who could radically change that this year and if they do it'll be a fun fall season for us all.

*For the Cardinals, not some other team like Chicago or Dallas.

Last edited:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read it as Levi Brown and Alan Branch Skkorp. How did you read it?

Interesting. After reading your two selections, I went back to read the article again to see if my own bias misstated what Urban wrote. It must have.

There is only one of those five Darren Urban did not make a personal positive comment on (as I now read it) and that is Alan Branch.

I also find it interesting Urban wasn't initially planning to identify Branch among the 5 poised to break out but had chosen Ben Patrick instead. Maybe his first instinct was right?

That may not mean much of anything. Without real news, we are reaching for anything new to talk about. Bring on camp. 8 days and a wake-up. We are short timers now.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did notice that the article reminds us indirectly that Larry Fitzgerald is the only Cardinal first round draft pick this century to live up to his draft status*. (And there are some who will even dispute that Fitzgerald has.)

There are 3 guys who could radically change that this year and if they do it'll be a fun fall season for us all.

*For the Cardinals, not some other team like Chicago or Dallas.

How can you dispute Larry living up to his draft status? He has been everything you could ask for from a top ten pick.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Interesting. After reading your two selections, I went back to read the article again to see if my own bias misstated what Urban wrote. It must have.

There is only one of those five Darren Urban did not make a personal positive comment on (as I now read it) and that is Alan Branch.

I also find it interesting Urban wasn't initially planning to identify Branch among the 5 poised to break out but had chosen Ben Patrick instead. Maybe his first instinct was right?

That may not mean much of anything. Without real news, we are reaching for anything new to talk about. Bring on camp. 8 days and a wake-up. We are short timers now.

But still you have a point, that the article was written in a wierd way.
:confused:

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How can you dispute Larry living up to his draft status? He has been everything you could ask for from a top ten pick.

I don't think that DJ is. But if you want to know who the usual suspects are in denigrating Larry Fitzgerald's contributions, go back to the "Trade Larry Fitzgerald" or "Fitz Holding Cards Hostage" threads of four months ago.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that DJ is. But if you want to know who the usual suspects are in denigrating Larry Fitzgerald's contributions, go back to the "Trade Larry Fitzgerald" or "Fitz Holding Cards Hostage" threads of four months ago.

people overreact to ****, that is a given. "living up to his draft status" has been more than done.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This probably isn't worth its own thread...

but it'll fit in right here. Per Pro Football Weekly (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/nfcwest071308.htm):

Our sources in the desert tell us that second-year NT Alan Branch, who is being counted on to step up his game after a so-so rookie campaign, “looked a little doughy” in the team’s minicamps and OTAs. On the other hand, we hear starting RB Edgerrin James couldn’t have looked in better shape for what figures to be another 20- to 25-carries-per-game workload this coming season.

Alan Branch seems to be on a very short leash.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Attachments

• tedwashington.jpg
    tedwashington.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 60

Members online

Forum statistics