Prado NL Player of the Month in August

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130904&content_id=59548086&vkey=news_ari&c_id=ar

Martin Prado's second-half surge reached new heights in August, as the Arizona third baseman put up blistering numbers at the plate en route to his first career National League Player of the Month Award.

In 28 games last month, Prado led the NL with 30 RBIs and ranked among the league's best in a number of other offensive categories. He topped the NL with 43 hits in August, while his .375 (43-for-115) average ranked fourth in the Senior Circuit. He also added four home runs, 11 walks and 19 runs scored for the month.

Along with turning in the best month of his career, Prado's 30 RBIs set a franchise record for the month of August. That total was also the most by a D-backs player in any month since Luis Gonzalez drove in 35 runs in June 2001.
i

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
his 30 RBIs in august were double his second highest of 15 in july. the next closest month? the 9 that he had in both may and june.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
his 30 RBIs in august were double his second highest of 15 in july. the next closest month? the 9 that he had in both may and june.
What have you done for us lately, Martin? Oh, Player of the Month. :)

That's how long it took the Skipper to find the right role for him.

I keep :deadhorse2: because the leadership stench has been around all season. Too little, too late.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He has performed at a level that has more than justified the trade - at this stage...

Just too bad the rest of the team has folded like a cheap tent... Goldy, Hill, Parra, Miggy of course, Eaton, Pollack, Didi... over the last 30-40 games have all been unreliable.
Add in the recent troubles with Corbin and now Miley, and of course the disaster of a bullpen (sans Collmenter), we have been horrendous... :mad:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He has performed at a level that has more than justified the trade - at this stage...

Just too bad the rest of the team has folded like a cheap tent... Goldy, Hill, Parra, Miggy of course, Eaton, Pollack, Didi... over the last 30-40 games have all been unreliable.
Add in the recent troubles with Corbin and now Miley, and of course the disaster of a bullpen (sans Collmenter), we have been horrendous... :mad:

Just going from watching him play I think Eaton has improved. It seems like he is alway getting on base and making things happen. He must have hit 300 or better in the last month. Agree on Josh.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

It is interesting that our three recent "aces" -- Kennedy, Miley and Corbin -- as well the bullpens (sans Collmenter -- and Ziegler) and most of our lineup have gone south.

There comes a point to stop blaming the players and hold the manager and coaches responsible. I wonder if the Front Office is looking into the offense underperforming and the pitching staff wearing out.

And I wonder if the Front Office is looking into their own role in all of this.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It is interesting that our three recent "aces" -- Kennedy, Miley and Corbin -- as well the bullpens (sans Collmenter -- and Ziegler) and most of our lineup have gone south.

There comes a point to stop blaming the players and hold the manager and coaches responsible. I wonder if the Front Office is looking into the offense underperforming and the pitching staff wearing out.

And I wonder if the Front Office is looking into their own role in all of this.

More than any other professional sport, the manager has minimal impact on the performance of the players... Not saying that Gibby isn't somewhat culpable for the play on the field, however, the players themselves and the GM should take the majority of the blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we really need to turn a thread celebrating a great accomplishment by a Dback into a FO/Coaching bashing thread?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Do we really need to turn a thread celebrating a great accomplishment by a Dback into a FO/Coaching bashing thread?

Once, BC enters a thread...it's inevitable. ;)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Once, BC enters a thread...it's inevitable. ;)
That's your whole post? I don't attack other posters!

In discussing the state of the D'backs, the goods and the bads of a team that fell out of contention -- our team -- does a sports board really expect only :koolaid: ? It would be a pretty dull and empty site.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In discussing the state of the D'backs, the goods and the bads of a team that fell out of contention -- our team -- does a sports board really expect only :koolaid: ? It would be a pretty dull and empty site.

No - there is both good and bad. Just wanted this thread to be about Prado and the remarkable job he's done since a slow start.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
No - there is both good and bad. Just wanted this thread to be about Prado and the remarkable job he's done since a slow start.
I'm with you, Jon. I have, in another post, commended Martin on what he has meant to our team since he was allowed to settle into a role suited for him.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Frankly, if you're going to tweak the same four or five posts ad nauseum, people are going to notice.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

BC, just giving you a hard time. No offense meant. :)

Although, I do believe you found a way to criticize Parra the other day for pointing to the sky after a homerun. ;)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
BC, just giving you a hard time. No offense meant. :)

Although, I do believe you found a way to criticize Parra the other day for pointing to the sky after a homerun. ;)
As a humanist, I couldn't resist the religious satire when I saw the cartoon of Beetle Bailey hiding in the clouds.

Gerardo happened to be our current most obvious example (and the one I found a photo of pointing to the clouds after scoring a run).

I didn't mean it as a criticism. Just an expression of religious difference of opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05