Pray for Q-Rich's Family (seriously)

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
his brother was just shot and killed. unfortunately, he won't be in phoenix this friday when the knicks come, but obviously that means nothing right about now. article below:
Three men robbed a father and son, fatally shot one of the two four times and then led police on a chase through Roseland, Beverly and other parts of the South and Southwest Sides Monday before crashing into a nursing home, police said.

After crashing into the front steps of the Renaissance nursing home at 2940 W. 87th St., three men fled on foot. Police caught and arrested them a few blocks away, police spokeswoman Monique Bond said.

All three were in custody and awaiting charges. The victim who was shot was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where he was pronounced dead at 5:39 p.m., a Cook County medical examiner's spokesman said. The victim was identified as Lee Richardson, 31, of the 11400 block of South Parnell Avenue.

A Dodge Caravan minivan pulled up at 114th Street and Parnell Avenue just before noon Monday and the three men pulled guns on the father and son as they were walking on the street, Bond said. They took a wallet, shot Richardson, and fled in the van.

The victims "were just walking down the street, minding their own business," Bond said.

Tactical officers, who heard a radio report from a 911 call, arrived minutes later and started chasing the van. The van sped across the Southwest Side, crashing at five locations--94th Street and Hoyne Avenue, Hoyne and 95th Street, 87th Street and Western Avenue, and then two times in the 2900 block of West 87th, Bond said. No one was injured in the accidents, she said.

After the van crashed into the nursing home steps, the three men got out and ran north. Police officers caught them a few blocks away on Seipp Street.

One of the officers broke his ankle in the scuffle, and one of the suspects suffered a broken leg. Charges were pending Monday night, and police did not identify the men.

Inside the van, investigators found several items that might have been stolen in previous robberies, Bond said, but it was not clear how recently they might have been taken

brianarizona

Reaction score
that is absolutely terrible. Gotta make sure and keep Q and his family in our prayers and show some love for the ex sun. RIP

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Jeezuz! What a year for Q. Traded from a team he liked. Lost his fiancee. Now this? Dude is having one of those horrible years! :thud:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
not to sound like a pessimist, but where is the reference to Q and how do you know these are his relatives?

Kolo

Reaction score
BillsCarnage said:
not to sound like a pessimist, but where is the reference to Q and how do you know these are his relatives?

Actually, you sound like an optimist.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Kolobotomy said:
Actually, you sound like an optimist.

That's what I was thinking...

Prayers to Quentin and his family. From reading the article, it's not the first such tragedy in his family either.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Jeezuz! What a year for Q. Traded from a team he liked. Lost his fiancee. Now this? Dude is having one of those horrible years! :thud:

Yup, very sad. As hard as i booed JoJo i would have cheered Q.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Man.. Poor guy. Hope he's able to stand tall through all this.

In this, it's not about him being a Knick, an ex-Sun, an ex-Clipper, an ex- anything. This is about a human going through the ultimate loss, and he is in my prayers.

jibikao

Reaction score
Sigh... those bad people should just get shot. No need to send them to jail. For what?

sunsfn

Reaction score
Q lost two brothers that were shot, that is extremely sad.

keric

Reaction score
Sad story. You gotta feel for the guy. My thoughts and condolences go out to him and his family.

Always liked the guy. Hope he is able to bounce back.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, Q is another class guy, like Marbury. The Suns might be better on the court now that those two are gone, but I wish nothing but the best for either of them.

Sad to see such a bad thing happen to him and his family. :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake