Question about the Jerseys

JonnySuns

Reaction score
I've just been on the nba.com store and noticed that the bucks and lakers are now gonna be wearing new adidas jerseys for next season. I also noticed that all our jerseys have come down in price so does that mean we're going to be changing to adidas as well cos I only just bought my first jersey last season, doh!

I always thought that all the teams were made by the same brand, but I could well be wrong. How often do teams generally change their jersey designs in the NBA cos in england, with football (sorry soccer ;) ) the home jersey changes every 2 seasons and the away is every season.

Just thought I'd ask :D

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
personaly I wish they would go back to the retros they look sweet, but weltz is a not going to go for it I wouldn't be surprised if he changes the unis 30 times before his tenure is up.

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
adidas bought out reebok earlier this year. I'm sure adidas wants its brand all over the NBA, so all league clothing will probably be adidas from now on. Now I got to go out and buy orange adidas. Oh well, my purple reeboks had a nice run.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Given the fact that Adidas acquired Reebok earlier this year, I guess they voided the NBA equipment deal with Reebok and just put Adidas instead. And there's no major design change for 2006/2007, just some new alternates, excepted for the Bucks and Raptors.

Edit : well, Quagmire is faster than me... and actually the whole Adidas kicked Reebok out of the league story is quite old : http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2404020

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
personaly I wish they would go back to the retros they look sweet, but weltz is a not going to go for it I wouldn't be surprised if he changes the unis 30 times before his tenure is up.

What makes you say that? The only jersey change that has happend the 5 years he's been here is the adding of the orange alternate(which happens to be the only one I really like).

Though I do like the retro jerseys better(pre-Barkley ones).

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
What makes you say that? The only jersey change that has happend the 5 years he's been here is the adding of the orange alternate(which happens to be the only one I really like).

Though I do like the retro jerseys better(pre-Barkley ones).

I have been known to exagerate at times, true story.