Rackers

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I always liked him with the Bengals.

Can't figure out why they gave up on him.....their loss....our gain.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Now I wish we still had Fordyce. Rackers will end up kicking about 12 balls tonight if this continues.

TJAM

Registered
Reaction score
Illini are getting a little thin with Young gone and Wakefield on the IR

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This kicker is REALLY good!

But can someone tell Mistler or whatever his name is that the "Rack 'em" catch phrase is way lame...

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't he have accuracy problems originally? When Jimmy Johnson brought in Olinde Mare he was criticized by the Florida papers because Mare was so inconsistant but had a strong leg. The next year he set a league record for field goals and made everyone look stupid. Hopefully Rackers shows that kind of improvement.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
BuckeyeCardinal said:
I always liked him with the Bengals.

Can't figure out why they gave up on him.....their loss....our gain.

Talking to a friend of mine who is a Bengals fan, he says the main reason he was let go was b/c Rackers couldn't make a pressure kick to save his life.

Said he was great during games when the pressure wasnt on and great on K/O when they didnt "NEED" him to be, but as soon as the team needed a touchback to force a team to drive 80 yards, or when they needed a 40 yard FG for the win, Rackers would choke!

I guess we will have to wait until he is put into that position, but right now he looks like a world beater.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
Rackers was let go by CIN because he was injured. I believe in preseason he got injured. His expected return date after rehab, etc was like NFL week 12. Cin wanted to put him on IR, but he refused saying he wanted to kick that year. So, he took an injury settlement and rehabbed on his own, then caught on with the Cards the last few weeks of the season.

The thin air at Devner made him look better than he really is. He loses concentraction and is a below average on FG accuracy. But, he sure kicks farther that Gramattica.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My opinion of the guy is that he has a big leg.

He will disapoint us this year on short field goals.

He has a big leg but lacks accuracy, especially on the short kicks.

Sec 11 could kick a 50 yarder in Denver.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, tonight he just jumped up on my Fantasy Football board of kickers....like that means jack squat.

But it is good to have a guy knocking in multiple 40 plus FGs, including 50plus yarders!

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Talking to a friend of mine who is a Bengals fan, he says the main reason he was let go was b/c Rackers couldn't make a pressure kick to save his life.

Did the Bengals have that many "pressure kicks" to be made in the last decade?

Reaction score
I enjoyed watching the 57-yarder split the uprights!

Best part was DG not getting into Shanahan's little mind games. After Denver requested 10 seconds to be put back on the clock, the camera was on Green. Denny just makes this little motion; like go ahead and kick it on thru. Smart call, it gives Rackers additional confidence going into the season.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
SoCal Cardfan said:
Did the Bengals have that many "pressure kicks" to be made in the last decade?

NO!

Thats what makes it all the scarier! :(

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Way to go NR! I'd be happy to have a kicker that can show some level of consistency. Not every kicker is adept at kicking a pressure fg, but I'm just thrilled to be able to count on a 38 yarder before the half!