Rams Offense Set For Another Super Bowl Run?

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Brighteyes said:
...I think a lot of offenses feel great after playing a Marmie defense. Best not let it go to their head....
:biglaugh:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is an article from their NFL camp tour. They say these kinds of things for everyone's camp. It's no big deal.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams offense could be great but their offensive line will hold them back. Rex Tucker and Blaine Saipaia are their tackles. Mr Bulger let me introduce you to Mr. Berry and Mr. Okeafor.

Still with Holt, Bruce, Jackson, and Bulger they are set at the offensive skill positions. Kind of scary when you consider that Flauk is now considered a backup. To bad Bulger won't have the time to get them the ball. To bad for Rams fans that is!

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Kind of scary when you consider that Flauk is now considered a backup.

Not really, I think its much better. Jackson will never ever in a million years be as good as Faulk in his prime. I would much rather go up against Jackson twice a year. Plus he is not very durible, he seamed to get injured like 4 times a game last year. Didn't Starks hurt him once last year. Never anything serious but enough to miss a few plays or a quarter.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
The Rams offense could be great but their offensive line will hold them back. Rex Tucker and Blaine Saipaia are their tackles. Mr Bulger let me introduce you to Mr. Berry and Mr. Okeafor.

Still with Holt, Bruce, Jackson, and Bulger they are set at the offensive skill positions. Kind of scary when you consider that Flauk is now considered a backup. To bad Bulger won't have the time to get them the ball. To bad for Rams fans that is!

MCD, I believe a guy by the name of Orlando Pace is their left tackle, and Alex Barron is waiting in the wings to take over on the right side. You might have heard of the first guy, and you're going to hear a lot about the second.

I agree that their O-line is nothing to write home about, and that Steven Jackson could be special. Arizona's going to be lucky to face the Rams in St. Louis early, before Barron takes the starting job, but don't get on your high horse about their O-line, since Orlando Pace is better than any of the Cards front five and Bertrand Berry had all of a half-sack against the Rams in two games last season.

Torry Holt alone put up 190 yards on the Arizona defense last season.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
MCD, I believe a guy by the name of Orlando Pace is their left tackle, and Alex Barron is waiting in the wings to take over on the right side. You might have heard of the first guy, and you're going to hear a lot about the second.

I agree that their O-line is nothing to write home about, and that Steven Jackson could be special. Arizona's going to be lucky to face the Rams in St. Louis early, before Barron takes the starting job, but don't get on your high horse about their O-line, since Orlando Pace is better than any of the Cards front five and Bertrand Berry had all of a half-sack against the Rams in two games last season.

Yeah but Chike owned Bulger last year if I am correct. Got 2 sacks in the regular season, and 2 in the playoff game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
Yeah but Chike owned Bulger last year if I am correct. Got 2 sacks in the regular season, and 2 in the playoff game.

He "owned" Blaine Siapia to the tune of two regular-season sacks, that's true. I didn't look to see how he did in the playoff game. But I believe that the Seahawks still lost somehow...

The Rams have a gaping hole at RT until Barron is ready to go, which is why I think it's fortunate that we visit them in Week 2, I just don't think that they're line is that much worse off than ours...

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
He can pile up all the yds he wants, the score in that game was 17-10 in STL and then 31-7 in AZ. Holt nor Faulk had as much impact on those games as our offenses inability to score points (which killed us in STL).

Nothing to fear from Alex Barron yet. From all indications he has been struggling badly in work outs. I don't even believe he is even in camp yet. I welcome the chance to see him line up so we can see how he can handle our blitz packages.

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
He "owned" Blaine Siapia to the tune of two regular-season sacks, that's true. I didn't look to see how he did in the playoff game. But I believe that the Seahawks still lost somehow...

Chike sacked Bulger twice in the playoffs.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

I PRAY that Barron starts against us, because reports out of St. Louis have been quite negative on him. His praises weren't necessarily sung in the draft either, and he slipped for it. He has bust written all over him, IMO, and our ends will eat him for lunch.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
I PRAY that Barron starts against us, because reports out of St. Louis have been quite negative on him. His praises weren't necessarily sung in the draft either, and he slipped for it. He has bust written all over him, IMO, and our ends will eat him for lunch.

He's ultra talented but lacks heart. He's definitely boom or bust.

MemphisRam

Veteran
Reaction score
Some Corrections

Rams OLine As of Today

LT Orlando Pace
LG Claude Terrell (Tom Nutten backing up)
C Andy McCollum
RG Blaine Saipaia (Adam Timmerman getting limited reps)
RT Grant Williams (awaiting Barron signing)

Chike got to Bulger twice in the playoffs, but Saipaia wasn't necessarily the culprit as I recall. One came on a stunt and the other came vs. the TE Manumaleuna as Saipaia blocked down on that play.

During the regular season game, Grant Williams started at RT with a shoulder injury and Saipaia wasn't active.

BTW, I'd think that the Cards would rather see Faulk than a 230+ RB with a head of steam running about the same speed in Jackson.:)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
31-7 and 17-10 vs our terrible offence, your in trouble this year

MemphisRam

Veteran
Reaction score
BigRedRage said:
31-7 and 17-10 vs our terrible offence, your in trouble this year

Of course last year's games are pretty much meaningless now.

That said, if the Rams offense is back to the Rams offense of old, that means the team will be back to scoring over 500 points for the season as opposed to the 319 the team scored last year.;)

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
MemphisRam said:
BTW, I'd think that the Cards would rather see Faulk than a 230+ RB with a head of steam running about the same speed in Jackson.:)

As of now, I would DEFINITELY rather see Faulk than Jackson, that's for sure. Still, without a solid o-line, I'm not sure he can be a factor. He's yet to show the elusiveness Faulk used to possess. I think both the Rams and the Cards seasons will be won or lost based on O-line play. Should be interesting, to say the least.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MemphisRam said:

That said, if the Rams offense is back to the Rams offense of old, that means the team will be back to scoring over 500 points for the season as opposed to the 319 the team scored last year.;)

your right it was last year, this year we have updated our defence and offence dramatically and we will win both instead of one. tell mike martz a new nike commercial is gonna air in the first game so he will call all 3 timeouts early to try and watch it

MemphisRam

Veteran
Reaction score
BigRedRage said:
your right it was last year, this year we have updated our defence and offence dramatically and we will win both instead of one. tell mike martz a new nike commercial is gonna air in the first game so he will call all 3 timeouts early to try and watch it

Uh huh. I'm sure the Cardinals were the only team to improve themselves. Everyone else stood pat.:lmao:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
MemphisRam said:
Uh huh. I'm sure the Cardinals were the only team to improve themselves. Everyone else stood pat.:lmao:

Do you really think the rams inproved a smuch as the cards?

Anyway you have Marmie at defensive coord. Your defense will slowly get worse year after year.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Rams improvement?

The Rams made exactly ONE good offseason move, signing LB Dexter Coaxley away from Dallas. Barron may or may not turn out to be a solid NFL right tackle, but it doesn't appear he'll be ready by week two. The rest of the Ram pickups are either extremely fragile, e.g. Claiborne and Tucker, or career underachievers, e.g., Hawthorne and Stone, or future possibilities, e.g. Richie Incognito.

Last edited:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
MemphisRam said:

You'd better hope the Offense can score that much cuz Marmies genius schemes will have that Rams D giving up at least 500 points this year....lol

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

You are correct. I meant left guard not left tackle. It was a monday I guess. :doi:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
You are correct. I meant left guard not left tackle. It was a monday I guess. :doi:

Here is Dockett smiling after he was told about the starters on the Rams O-Line:

You must be registered for see images