Rb Or Ol

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
to those that saw the game.. is our OL that bad in the running game or is it the Rb's nto hitting the holes fast enough.. what game I did see and from the stats we are not running enough.. Shipp should get 20-25 touches alone .. Rb's around the league will tell you that they get better as the game goes on.. the more we run .. the more the Rb's get comfortable and the defense wears down.. I think we average less than 20 attempts pre game.. we will not win if we have to pass 40-50 times a game and one attempt 15-20 runs.. we need to be more balance...
go cards and enjoy your bye week!!!!!!!!!!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't run enough. The OL is getting better.

JJ had very nice runs...as did Shipp. This time though, Shipp was getting caught in the backfield. I don't think our RBs are the problem, at all. When they are getting holes, they are running well. I think the OL will get better with time, and our RBs will be fine.

RB is not a pressing problem on this team. The OL is.

By week 10 we should be all ready to start this season. ;)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Easy

OL cannot run block. Our rushing game isn't poor because we dont even seem to have one. No runningback would help this team. We tried to run more than we should considering the results.

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
I am not sure the problem here. People say OL have to play together for a while to gel. And this takes time. So we should go with this same OL players next season? Or get new sets of players and we wait for them to gel again? Or it's about OL coaching...

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
CHAPTER 7 said:
I am not sure the problem here. People say OL have to play together for a while to gel. And this takes time. So we should go with this same OL players next season? Or get new sets of players and we wait for them to gel again? Or it's about OL coaching...

You want the truth.... YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!! :biglaugh:

The truth is that we will stick with our O line coach and pickup another lineman or two and shuffle them in.

They will look ok in the pre-season only to be injured in the first quarter of the first game.

By week 4 we will be signing fat guys from Taco Bell to run block.

That is the sad truth.

Honestly we give this unit time together and pray DG hires a Oline coach of epic proportions in the offseason.

We also need to pray they get along and that the new guy is good and can set our line in place during the offseason so they at least gel like everyone else in training camp not during the bye week or some such silliness.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
We don't run enough. The OL is getting better.

JJ had very nice runs...as did Shipp. This time though, Shipp was getting caught in the backfield. I don't think our RBs are the problem, at all. When they are getting holes, they are running well. I think the OL will get better with time, and our RBs will be fine.

RB is not a pressing problem on this team. The OL is.

By week 10 we should be all ready to start this season. ;)

I do think RB is a pressing problem on the worst running team in the NFL. We have basically 2 RB's. JJ and Shipp. What if Shipp gets injured? We need one very big RB who can be counted on to get you 2-3 yds on those often needed 3rd and one. Good RB's do not get caught in the backfield as often as JJ. Blame it on the OL but not all of it.