Redskins vs Cards...Pick the score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
our first "mylanta" game - I see both teams having a couple turnovers and us ultimately losing 20-19 on a missed Rackers FG.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
26-20 IN OVERTIME

Stevie Breaston 45 yd bomb in OT.

DRC's first pick

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
Cards win 24-20 with Boldin, Fitz, and Pope all getting TD's.

Unfortunately, I think our running game gets major league exposed. Edge will be held to less than 60.

Go Cards!!!
Sounds about right. I could see Hightower getting more carries than Edge in this game.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24-14 Cards.

For the 'Skins Portis has a solid day, Campbell doesn't. For the Cards, Warner comes back to Earth, but is still solid. Pope is the surprise hero, though.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Two key stats that should determine a win or loss...

Edge = 90 yards or more = Cards win...

Edge = 89 yards or less = Cards lose...

Cards Penalties:

6 or less = Cards Win
7 or more = Cards Lose

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edge = 90 yards or more = Cards win...

Edge = 89 yards or less = Cards lose...
I'm not so sure this is going to be a bellweather stat moving forward. Hightower is getting a lot of touches--and not just around the goalline. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 50/50 split by midseason.

I wholeheartedly agree that the success of our rushing game will be key (I just don't think Edge's numbers will be the end-all to this stat line), as will keeping penalties to a minimum.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm not so sure this is going to be a bellweather stat moving forward. Hightower is getting a lot of touches--and not just around the goalline. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 50/50 split by midseason.

I wholeheartedly agree that the success of our rushing game will be key (I just don't think Edge's numbers will be the end-all to this stat line), as will keeping penalties to a minimum.

Good point about Hightower...

Fact remains that to win on the road, running the ball and stopping the run are absolute musts!
So, perhaps it should read as:

Cards rushing yards:

120 or more = Cards win
119 or less - Cards lose

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Edge had like 50yds in a huge win AT HOME last week. The D can pick their poison, but we are gonna get them one way or another IMO.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Edge had like 50yds in a huge win AT HOME last week. The D can pick their poison, but we are gonna get them one way or another IMO.
'

Think you missed the fact that we are playing on the road on Sunday dude...

;)

We need to run and stop the run ON THE ROAD!!! Entirely different versus playing at home... Heck - Edge could have had 10 yards rushing last week and we would have won...
Facts are you can get away with that and the penalties (we had 8 last week) much more easily at home than on the road...

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Some key points I used in my prediction.

1. Rush Defense (Yards Per Carry) - We are equally matched with 4.1 average allowed each. = Push

2. Pass Defense (QB Rating allowed) - Pretty evenly matched with them in a very slight edge. = Push

(Note That I like to use YPC and QB Rating allowed rather then yards because I think it measures effiency of those units better then overall yards do, which can be skewed depending on total amount of attempts)

3. Scoring Defense - Cards have allowed 11 points per game, Washington has allowed 20 points a game. Although this is in favor of the Cards Washington has played better offensive teams in both weeks compared to us so I am going to call this one = Push

4. Penalties = Push

5. Turnover Ratio = Push

6. Time of Possesion - In huge favor of the Cards by a full 4 1/2 minutes. = Cards Advantage.

7. Rush Offense (Yards Per Carry) - Huge Advantage to Washington.

8. Pass Offense (QB Rating) - Huge Advantage to Cards.

9. Special Teams Return Unit - We are better at punt returns by a large margin but they are way better at kickoff returns. = Push

10. Special Teams Coverage Unit = Push

In Summary out of 10 improtant categories the tally is = 7 Pushes, 2 Cards Advantages, and one Redskins Advantage.

This will be a very close game IMO. It will come down to which team can finish and which one cant finish. With both Branch and Watson back and full strength this week we will have a completely healthy DL rotation for the first time this season. They should be fresh and reving to go in the 4th quarter which might give us the advantage in the end. Plus I dont think the Coaches on O or D have shown all that much scheme wise against to weaker opponents so far this season. We will see more stuff that Washington hasnt been able to study for based on the first 2 games.

We flip the script on them this year and flip flop the scores from last year.

Cards 21 - Redskins 19

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
'

Think you missed the fact that we are playing on the road on Sunday dude...

;)

We need to run and stop the run ON THE ROAD!!! Entirely different versus playing at home... Heck - Edge could have had 10 yards rushing last week and we would have won...
Facts are you can get away with that and the penalties (we had 8 last week) much more easily at home than on the road...
Nope, didn't miss it, I just dont think we are gonna have to be overly successfull on the ground to win. 70-80yds from Edge will do the trick IMO. We are not gonna have to score much to win this week IMO. Anything over 20 means a W.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Some key points I used in my prediction.

1. Rush Defense (Yards Per Carry) - We are equally matched with 4.1 average allowed each. = Push

2. Pass Defense (QB Rating allowed) - Pretty evenly matched with them in a very slight edge. = Push

(Note That I like to use YPC and QB Rating allowed rather then yards because I think it measures effiency of those units better then overall yards do, which can be skewed depending on total amount of attempts)

3. Scoring Defense - Cards have allowed 11 points per game, Washington has allowed 20 points a game. Although this is in favor of the Cards Washington has played better offensive teams in both weeks compared to us so I am going to call this one = Push

4. Penalties = Push

5. Turnover Ratio = Push

6. Time of Possesion - In huge favor of the Cards by a full 4 1/2 minutes. = Cards Advantage.

8. Pass Offense (QB Rating) - Huge Advantage to Cards.

9. Special Teams Return Unit - We are better at punt returns by a large margin but they are way better at kickoff returns. = Push

10. Special Teams Coverage Unit = Push

In Summary out of 10 improtant categories the tally is = 7 Pushes, 2 Cards Advantages, and one Redskins Advantage.

This will be a very close game IMO. It will come down to which team can finish and which one cant finish. With both Branch and Watson back and full strength this week we will have a completely healthy DL rotation for the first time this season. They should be fresh and reving to go in the 4th quarter which might give us the advantage in the end. Plus I dont think the Coaches on O or D have shown all that much scheme wise against to weaker opponents so far this season. We will see more stuff that Washington hasnt been able to study for based on the first 2 games.

We flip the script on them this year and flip flop the scores from last year.

Cards 21 - Redskins 19
Good read.

I like the fact that it's a road game and we were there last year. It's not like we're going in blind and was manhandled before.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's interesting that they kill us in YPC, but we dominate the TOP. I wonder how many times in NFL matchups that happens? I'd imagine not much.

Goes to show how effective our short to mid-passing game is, I think. (ala Philly)

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's interesting that they kill us in YPC, but we dominate the TOP. I wonder how many times in NFL matchups that happens? I'd imagine not much.

Goes to show how effective our short to mid-passing game is, I think. (ala Philly)
Agreed, I think we also have to have a pretty good 3rd down %. Anyone know what it is?