Reggie Bush unlikely to be a Saint next season

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
Yahoo's Jason Cole reports that the Saints do not plan on bringing back Reggie Bush in 2010.
Bush's 2010 salary is $8 million -- an exorbitant amount for a change-of-pace back/special teamer. Citing a "Saints insider," Cole reports that GM Mickey Loomis doesn't want to pay Bush's salary even if 2010 is an uncapped season. Battling chronic knee problems, Bush has missed the Saints' last two games. He's averaged just 9.3 touches in his nine 2009 appearances.

Trade Q, sign Bush to be a slot receiver and we have Wes Welker 2.0. He would be a great Cardinal.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Leinart would make a big push to have him on this team. Unfortunately, Kim Kardashian does not come in the package anymore.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I remeber the huge hype before he was drafted, it was almost sickening the way ESPN had already crowned him as the best RB who would ever grace the NFL, he'd be better than Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, and Walter Payton, he was going to change football and the way the RB position was going to be played......so much for that

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I remeber the huge hype before he was drafted, it was almost sickening the way ESPN had already crowned him as the best RB who would ever grace the NFL, he'd be better than Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, and Walter Payton, he was going to change football and the way the RB position was going to be played......so much for that

Eh, That doesn't bother me because they do that EVERY YEAR. Every draft, there is a can't miss talent that will be the best of his position ever.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
say what you want about his flaws (and there are MANY).. But we are a West Coast team, with a couple players from that USC team (Deuce, Lienart)... If we could persuade him to sign here for a reasonable salary he would add that 80+ yard big play factor immediatly...

you play him in a role much the same as percy harvin (maybe 5-7 carries, and the rest as a reciever out of the back field or in the slot) and the Cardinals offense would be more explosive than it already is....

Again this is assuming we could sign him to a deal that would be around 4-5 million for 4 years, but I think we would have just a good of shot as anyone of landing him....

Count me in for Reg-gie in 2010....

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

I also remember the Texans GM at the time, Charlie Casserly, getting run out of town because he picked Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

Someone agreed with the move:
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb...t-2006-season-75519.html?highlight=Mario+Bush

Anyway Bush was all hype and he proved to be all hype.

While Mario Williams is a pass rushing machine.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
say what you want about his flaws (and there are MANY).. But we are a West Coast team, with a couple players from that USC team (Deuce, Lienart)... If we could persuade him to sign here for a reasonable salary he would add that 80+ yard big play factor immediatly...

you play him in a role much the same as percy harvin (maybe 5-7 carries, and the rest as a reciever out of the back field or in the slot) and the Cardinals offense would be more explosive than it already is....

Again this is assuming we could sign him to a deal that would be around 4-5 million for 4 years, but I think we would have just a good of shot as anyone of landing him....

Count me in for Reg-gie in 2010....

1. Reggie has never gone 80 yards to pay dirt running or recieving. He went 74 yards 4 years ago and has only broken the 50 yard mark once since. His big play ability is highly overatted.

2. The guy is an injury machine.

3. Has had only had one really great year as a punt returner. Other three years were average or just plain old bad. So he doesnt bring much as a return man either.

Any Reggie to Harvin comparisons are overstated as well IMO. Percy as a gimmic rusher with only 11 runs on the year has 8 yards a carry. Percy as a reciever has 15 yards a catch, Peterson wishes he could even sniff 10 yards a catch. Percy is a great kickoff return man. Percy is a WR first without a doubt, where as Bush would be a RB trying to play WR.

5 Mill a year would be a huge waste.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
1. Reggie has never gone 80 yards to pay dirt running or recieving. He went 74 yards 4 years ago and has only broken the 50 yard mark once since. His big play ability is highly overatted.

2. The guy is an injury machine.

3. Has had only had one really great year as a punt returner. Other three years were average or just plain old bad. So he doesnt bring much as a return man either.

Any Reggie to Harvin comparisons are overstated as well IMO. Percy as a gimmic rusher with only 11 runs on the year has 8 yards a carry. Percy as a reciever has 15 yards a catch, Peterson wishes he could even sniff 10 yards a catch. Percy is a great kickoff return man. Percy is a WR first without a doubt, where as Bush would be a RB trying to play WR.

5 Mill a year would be a huge waste.

I was thinking a 4 year 16 million dollar deal with a 5-6 million Sign on bonus and , so the cap number is about 2-2.5 million a year...

I realize I am in the minority, and agin I don't think he is without major faults, but the one thing our offense is missing (other than an Oline that doesn't get Lienart killed) is a big-play threat, and though overrated, Bush is in theory that guy....

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking a 4 year 16 million dollar deal with a 5-6 million Sign on bonus and , so the cap number is about 2-2.5 million a year...

I realize I am in the minority, and agin I don't think he is without major faults, but the one thing our offense is missing (other than an Oline that doesn't get Lienart killed) is a big-play threat, and though overrated, Bush is in theory that guy....

I theory doesnt do anything for or against a defense. They certainly arent game planning to stop the guy. He has proven that he isnt a big play guy already. That would just be a waste of space on this roster.

Wells will be a big play guy. Bush is not needed and completely overhyped. Not to mention hurt all the freaking time.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I theory doesnt do anything for or against a defense. They certainly arent game planning to stop the guy. He has proven that he isnt a big play guy already. That would just be a waste of space on this roster.

Wells will be a big play guy. Bush is not needed and completely overhyped. Not to mention hurt all the freaking time.

This is very true.... I don't think Bush is a franchise back or anything... he would be more of a 2-3 RB with upside...

And again, I think he takes Wright's place on the team, and gives our offense a different loo..

And lets be honest, Matt Lienart loves to throw the ball to his RBs, so why not make it a RB who has a LITTLE potential to break a big one....

One more thing... perhaps the 4 milion price tag is still a bit much... but a for a "bargin", don't you think Whiz wuld find a creative way to use him... The way Payton uses him in N.O. is ridiculous....

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With time LSH could also develop into a big play guy. He's got the straight line speed. If he gets a little shimmy involved and rounds out as a player he can be that guy too.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need to improve our defense. Our offense is just fine and we have some youth there for the future.