Rocky Bernard

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
Is he still a UFA? I was looking on NFL.com and it still shows him not signed? if this is true, I think we should make a play after him.. we could probably get him cheaper that Davis and he is improving well.. Also I would like us to bring back Langstone Moore into the rotation and competition.

thoughts?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
jrjbritt said:
Is he still a UFA? I was looking on NFL.com and it still shows him not signed? if this is true, I think we should make a play after him.. we could probably get him cheaper that Davis and he is improving well.. Also I would like us to bring back Langstone Moore into the rotation and competition.

thoughts?

Bernard wants more then Davis, and rightfully so as he had 8.5 sacks as a DT. He would also be a replacement for Dockett at UT not play opposite of Dockett at Slant NT. The team likes Dockett so taht isnt happening and he would get paid to much to be a backup.

Seattle fans are leary of him as he seems to be a classic contract year bust out player, who was lazy in his first years in the pro's then turns it on in his money year.

And Moore is in the rotation as of now.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't Bernard more of a one-gap guy suitable for UT? He'd be a good backup for Darnell, but if Ken King is finally able to play, I'm not sure if that helps us that much.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Isn't Bernard more of a one-gap guy suitable for UT? He'd be a good backup for Darnell, but if Ken King is finally able to play, I'm not sure if that helps us that much.

jeff, i think the first day king gets a head cold he is on the street...we know he seems to have great potential but so do mark prior and kerry wood. bernard is exactly what you said by the way...

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
NFL Network (radio) was talking about him. They are wondering what is the deal with him. They couldn't figure out what teams saw in him that they were avoiding him...but there was obviously something that feared teams away.

He's listed rather high on souts.inc

I'm not too big on him, I'd just assume have Sam Adams come in and work half time between Dockett Oak Berry.

Clancy should help, but having Adams to rotate in would be incredible!