Rod Graves on KDUS soon (3:45 PM right now)

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Hopes to have Anquan's contract done before the season starts.

2. Have begun negotiations with all our draft picks but #s1 and 2 talks have been "light" so far.

3. Not planning to bring in any more FAs.

In Rod Graves-speak, that means all is okay except the Anquan negotiations are going badly.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Countdown has begun for the first "same old cardinals, sky is falling, blame bidwill" doom and gloom posts. :)

Thanks for the update Skkorp.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mulli808 said:
Countdown has begun for the first "same old cardinals, sky is falling, blame bidwill" doom and gloom posts. :)

Thanks for the update Skkorp.
LMAO!!! That's for sure. Those posts only come second to the "We suck" posts after the first preseason loss. :biglaugh:

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:
LMAO!!! That's for sure. Those posts only come second to the "We suck" posts after the first preseason loss. :biglaugh:

Yeeeesh! Still no signings! Same ole' cardinals off on vacations instead of working to get players signed. Boldin's just not gonna put up with that...hold out for sure. Seems we breed holdouts. Oh yea, we suck! ;)

And before anyone chops my head off please note the ;) Under Denny's watch I don't worry about that stuff anymore....they'll get Boldin and the picks into camp. :thumbup:

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
ActingWild said:
Yeeeesh! Still no signings! Same ole' cardinals off on vacations instead of working to get players signed. Boldin's just not gonna put up with that...hold out for sure. Seems we breed holdouts. Oh yea, we suck! ;)

And before anyone chops my head off please note the ;) Under Denny's watch I don't worry about that stuff anymore....they'll get Boldin and the picks into camp. :thumbup:

Bi-Polar

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Cards have signed a couple of their draft pick -- McCoy and Mitchell -- back in June. Of course, they were the two lowest picks. Signing numbers 1-3 is more important.

Cardinals sign two 2005 draftees
June 16, 2005

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- The Arizona Cardinals signed the first two of their seven 2005 draft picks Thursday, agreeing to three-year contracts with middle linebacker Lance Mitchell of Oklahoma and wide receiver LeRon McCoy of Indiana, Pa. Mitchell, a two-year starter and two-time all-Big 12 Conference first-team selection with the Sooners, was drafted in the fifth round and McCoy in the seventh. The Cardinals had no sixth-round pick. Mitchell had 219 tackles (145 solo) and six sacks after transferring from City College of San Francisco. McCoy caught 110 passes for 2,096 yards and 25 touchdowns in 43 small-college games.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Cards have signed a couple of their draft pick -- McCoy and Mitchell -- back in June. Of course, they were the two lowest picks. Signing numbers 1-3 is more important.

Cardinals sign two 2005 draftees
June 16, 2005

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- The Arizona Cardinals signed the first two of their seven 2005 draft picks Thursday, agreeing to three-year contracts with middle linebacker Lance Mitchell of Oklahoma and wide receiver LeRon McCoy of Indiana, Pa. Mitchell, a two-year starter and two-time all-Big 12 Conference first-team selection with the Sooners, was drafted in the fifth round and McCoy in the seventh. The Cardinals had no sixth-round pick. Mitchell had 219 tackles (145 solo) and six sacks after transferring from City College of San Francisco. McCoy caught 110 passes for 2,096 yards and 25 touchdowns in 43 small-college games.

is there a reason you left out our fourth rounder? on purpose? you have a thing against elton brown? just say it man.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
is there a reason you left out our fourth rounder? on purpose? you have a thing against elton brown? just say it man.

No, I meant that signing the top guys from the first 2-3 rounds is usually more challenging. From about the 3rd round on down, it's a matter of offering them a contract for their respective draft position and waiting for them to sign it.

Hopefully Elton signs soon, as well as Blackstock. Arrington and Rolle may take a little longer.