Roger Ebert getting Cooler every minute!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Check this out: Roger Ebert wrote an article about a film at Cannes that was done by Vincent Gallo (which apparently had a very graphic scene at the end of Chloe Sevigny and Vincent Gallo involved in oral sex), where Ebert said the film was terrible and that Gallo had apologized publicly for the film to some newspaper. Gallo hit back with a vengeance, calling Ebert a "fat pig" and that he lied about the apology. Here is Ebert's response:

Ebert Reserves a Different Finger for Gallo

Chicago Sun-Times film critic Roger Ebert said today (Wednesday) that he can produce tape recordings of director-writer-actor Vincent Gallo making the comments that Gallo now says he never made. In an interview with the New York Post on Monday, Gallo maintained that he never disowned his movie, The Brown Bunny, which received disastrous reviews when it was screened at Cannes last month, and that he had never apologized for making it. "The only thing I am sorry about is putting a curse on Roger Ebert's colon," Gallo said. "If a fat pig like Roger Ebert doesn't like my movie then I'm sorry for him." Ebert responded that he wasn't too worried about the curse. "I had a colonoscopy once, and they let me watch it on TV. It was more entertaining than The Brown Bunny." And paraphrasing a perhaps apocryphal remark by Winston Churchill, Ebert concluded: "It is true that I am fat, but one day I will be thin, and he will still be the director of The Brown Bunny."

I just thought it was extremely funny.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Zing! Score one for the Ebert.

Vincent Gallo is an ass and I'm not a fan of his movies. I read a few weeks back that he had apologized at the Cannes festival so all Ebert was doing was quoting him.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tastless joke.......

...but isn't Gene Siskle the one who is getting cooler by the minute

Oh god, that was bad, that was bad!! I can't help it, I thought about that everytime I read the title of this thread...its out of my system now.....*sigh* sorry

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Tastless joke.......

...but isn't Gene Siskle the one who is getting cooler by the minute

Oh god, that was bad, that was bad!! I can't help it, I thought about that everytime I read the title of this thread...its out of my system now.....*sigh* sorry

Yes, Ryan, that was bad, but funny. Two Thumbs Up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The comments from Gallo got worse than that article included.

Paraphrasing from one that appeared in the AZ Republic:

After putting a curse on Ebert, he claimed to have also put a curse on Siskel, as if claiming responsibility for his death. He also said something like "Ebert could lose 30 pounds a year for 4 years and he'd still be fat."

IMHO: Gallo is a low-class a-hole.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You wanna talk tasteless jokes?

What did Ebert and Roper give to the movie about Lesbian Sex?

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vince56
You wanna talk tasteless jokes?

What did Ebert and Roper give to the movie about Lesbian Sex?

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Classic. :cool:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the Republic "Notes" section:

Movie critic Roger Ebert has cancer of the salivary gland, and hotheaded filmmaker Vincent Gallo wants to take credit for it.

Ebert was one of legions of reviewers who slammed Gallo's Brown Bunny as one of the worst film's ever, but Ebert took the brunt of the director's ire when Gallo said he "put an unremovable curse on (Ebert's) prostate" that would give him cancer.

Gallo was a bit off the mark, but he's gloating anyway, going so far as to have his assistant phone the New York Post to make sure its gossip pages noted the connection. This guy's all class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Gallo - get a life.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
From the Republic "Notes" section:

Movie critic Roger Ebert has cancer of the salivary gland, and hotheaded filmmaker Vincent Gallo wants to take credit for it.

Ebert was one of legions of reviewers who slammed Gallo's Brown Bunny as one of the worst film's ever, but Ebert took the brunt of the director's ire when Gallo said he "put an unremovable curse on (Ebert's) prostate" that would give him cancer.

Gallo was a bit off the mark, but he's gloating anyway, going so far as to have his assistant phone the New York Post to make sure its gossip pages noted the connection. This guy's all class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Gallo - get a life.

I'm no lawyer, but couldn't Ebert sue Gallo for defamation of character or slander/libel (can't remember which is which)??

I know a lot of people don't like Roger Ebert, so I guess I'm in the minority because his reviews are very well-written and he has a great sense of humor. He seems to like virtually everything, but most of the time, he raises some good points.

I won't be seeing any films involving Vincent Gallo for a while, if ever. What a scumbag.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I almost wanted to The Brown Bunny just to see how awful it was but never mind. I am no fan of Roger Ebert or any critic but that's just wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22