Saints fans

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I must say the Saints fans for the most part were very gracious winners. After the game I went to dinner at Mothers and talked to a few Saints Fans. I had my jersey on and we discussed the game and I wished them luck next week. After that I went to Cafe Dumond for coffee and beignets. When I walked in I was the only Cards fan there. One Saints fan started chanting "WHO DAT?" cheer. Pretty soon all the other patrons were singing it. I acknowledged them and we all had a good laugh.

John

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
how about no, they were spamming the message boards boasting about knocking Warner out.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry but prior to the game on forums they seemed as arrogant as Cowboys fans.

In person they might be better

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Saints on a truly successful season, and on a great win over the Cardinals. You were certainly the better team today.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score

In person they were quiet different. In fact alot of them really made appologies and gave good wishs for Warner. In fact one of the guys behind us gave me his camera on zoom so I could see who was down when DRC went down. And he was feeling pretty bad once I told him who it was.

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score

Probably bandwagoners who didn't even attend the game....

The NO fans were damn fine fans and showed the utmost respect for us. For every NO fan that got "out of line" there were ten to step in and say sorry for that persons behaviour.. "They do not represent us".

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score

Ouch really? I'd sooner die than ever be compared to a cowboy fan, sorry. I hope this is just bitterness from the loss and not your real opinion of Saints fandom.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly I was stunned.

Comments like "Cardinal's have fans ?", I thought that was pretty odd coming from a Saints fan

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Idk man, sounds like you're lumping a few bad eggs in with the rest of us, but c'est le vie.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Although I like the Saints I am going to be rooting for MIN. Not out of animosity but I want to see if Reggie Bush still proposes to Kimmy after promising to do so if the Saints win the Superbowl.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Most of the Saints fans I ran in to in New Orleans were cool...I got some good natured ribbing but nothing as bad as I've experienced from other fans in our own stadium. It was refreshing to see to be honest.

I hope the Saints win it all. I don't want Favre to win anything else and I could care less about the AFC.

I've learned 2 things 1) Don't judge the fans based on the internet trolls and 2) Don't judge fans based on the visiting fans(many who never even lived a second in that teams city).

chickenhead

Reaction score
Seriously, most trolls are trolls first and fans of their team second. They either became a fan of a winningteam to puff out their chest, or are jumping on the bandwagon to do same. Really hard to imagine any true longtime Saints fan lacking perspective on this, and the same can be said for longtime Cards fans. I'm happy to cheer for the Saints this weekend, and glad they've been able to finally take those paper bags off!

I live with two die-hard Yankee fans. They'll talk trash with Sox fans, but beyond that not so much. It's more me heaping abuse on them (good-naturedly) every chance I get--sadly the Diamondbacks having the more recent WS title isn't something I can use anymore ;)

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score

Anonymity will always bring about jerkwads who don't have to suffer any personal consequence to their actions.

In most cases, the fans you meet in real life will be a lot more tolerable than on a message board.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch really? I'd sooner die than ever be compared to a cowboy fan, sorry. I hope this is just bitterness from the loss and not your real opinion of Saints fandom.

Good luck to the Saints. I'd like to see them and the Colts in the SB this year.

doctorj2u

Reaction score
Most of the Saints fans I ran in to in New Orleans were cool...I got some good natured ribbing but nothing as bad as I've experienced from other fans in our own stadium. It was refreshing to see to be honest.

I hope the Saints win it all. I don't want Favre to win anything else and I could care less about the AFC.

I've learned 2 things 1) Don't judge the fans based on the internet trolls and 2) Don't judge fans based on the visiting fans(many who never even lived a second in that teams city).
Zeno,
I hope your lessons are true. I based what America thought of New Orleans and the Gulf South after Katrina on what they said online. It was hateful and I hated my own country. What I saw in person was first abandonment and slowly, ever so slowly, Americans, coming on their own dime to help us. The government, both local and federal, failed us for years, but the people of America showed their heart in the most beautiful of ways. When I try to heal my heart, I think of those volunteers. I have tears flowing down my face writing this. Don't think I write it lightly. The years of struggle have left their mark.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zeno,
I hope your lessons are true. I based what America thought of New Orleans and the Gulf South after Katrina on what they said online. It was hateful and I hated my own country. What I saw in person was first abandonment and slowly, ever so slowly, Americans, coming on their own dime to help us. The government, both local and federal, failed us for years, but the people of America showed their heart in the most beautiful of ways. When I try to heal my heart, I think of those volunteers. I have tears flowing down my face writing this. Don't think I write it lightly. The years of struggle have left their mark.

doc, the same was true for my wife and I. I had people go out of their way to be nice to us and thank us for coming. Most told us we had no idea how badly needed our tourist dollars are and they were grateful for us being there to help them restore economic health to the city.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have found that most fans at home stadiums are more respectful than fans on message boards, though my experiences are limited to Philadelphia and Dallas.

OP
OP
Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Zeno,

This was my 5th visit to New Orleans in the last 2 years. My niece attends college there so I move her in and out as well as visit. When I saw the Cards were going to New Orleans I jumped at the chance to be there. I enjoy the atmosphere of the city and the food is outstanding.

Yeah I along with the rest of the world watched the government "response" to Katrina. What a joke. The city has a long way to go but you are on the way. I wish you guys luck this weekend and in the Super Bowl.

cardsfan89

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to echo the comments that the fans were overall very nice. Anyone that even hinted at giving me a hard time I just cut them off with " I hope you guys go and win it all" and "good luck" and that ended any bad thoughts by them. Only had one guy that was really bad, but he was drunk and his wife was giving me the sorry look lol

Most everyone said "Thanks for coming to our city"

Love New Orleans though... I plan on going there to see a game at least once a year.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anonymity will always bring about jerkwads who don't have to suffer any personal consequence to their actions.

In most cases, the fans you meet in real life will be a lot more tolerable than on a message board.

Am rooting for them against the 1 man show

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05