San Diego and tampering

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that there was some suspicious circumstances with the signing of Boston by San Diego. Does anyone know of any specifics? Why doesn't the Cardinals look into these alegations and report it to the NFL? The Cardinals could get some really nice compensation from the Chargers if they can prove it

M

mdsisquo

Originally posted by Ryanwb
I thought I read somewhere that there was some suspicious circumstances with the signing of Boston by San Diego. Does anyone know of any specifics? Why doesn't the Cardinals look into these alegations and report it to the NFL? The Cardinals could get some really nice compensation from the Chargers if they can prove it

Can we have Boston back?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I think so too. They cut Conway and then signed Boston right after free agency began.

I think it was a pretty bold move to cut your best receiver unless you had certain "guarantees" that you could replace him.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything tangible about any hanky panky, but did wonder about stuff posted here about David preferring to spend his leisure days and nights in a livelier place than the Valley - specifically San Diego.

It would seem possible he could have hooked up with a few Charger players and maybe stuff was worked out in advance via back-channel. But I haven't heard anything.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: San Diego and tampering

Originally posted by KingofCards
I think so too. They cut Conway and then signed Boston right after free agency began.

I think it was a pretty bold move to cut your best receiver unless you had certain "guarantees" that you could replace him.

Unless you are Graves.....You just think your best player is not worth anything....

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: San Diego and tampering

Originally posted by RedStorm
Unless you are Graves.....You just think your best player is not worth anything....

Or maybe he had a handshake agreement with San Fran to do a cut and sign deal for Terell Owens.

You can't blame him, just because the niners didn't hold up thier end of the bargain.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I just wanted to point out...this nightlife stuff is b.s. I have lived in san diego and scottsdale..they (san diego and phoenix) have comparable night life...san diego is not exactly los angeles, new york, chicago or even atlanta.. if you hang out in lajolla you will see the most beautiful woman money can buy..but if you go to sanctuary or some other clubs in scottsdale you can see the same girls..

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boston signed his contract on Thursday, six days into free agency. No way we win a tampering claim. In the first few years of free agency, it wasn't unusual for deals to be struck just hours into free agency. Before the sun even came up. They never slapped anyone for tampering then, they won't now either. It's way too hard to prove.

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
but if you go to sanctuary or some other clubs in scottsdale you can see the same girls..

I call it Skanktuary. That place is full of the $30,000 millionaire. Most of the people pretend to be someone else.

Some of the places I like in Scottsdale are Dos Gringos, Flickas Cantina, Frashar's Smokehouse, among others. Oh...Babe's Caberet is pretty cool too! :eek:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I posted that a San Diego reporter they had on KDUS last week said on the air he believed there was a deal "in the works" with Boston prior to the start of FA. He said this as an explanation for why they released Conway with no obvious replacement right before the start of FA, they were clearing money to sign Boston. He said at the time nobody in San Diego understood the move but once they had Boston it was perfectly clear.

I think it's hard to prove, Atlanta did the same thing clearing cap space(which ultimately went to Price) as did other teams, but you have to prove they tampered with Boston PRIOR to the beginning of the FA period and unless his agent comes forward I don't see that happening.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22