Sanders contract details

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ravens | Sanders Contract - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
4:59 PT: Updating previous reports, the Baltimore Sun reports Baltimore Ravens WR Frank Sanders is expected to sign a four-year contract believed to be worth $7 million by the end of the week.

A little too much for Sanders. I would've signed him to a four year, 4 million dollar contract and 10 free meals at KFC. I read somewhere else that he received a 2.5 million dollar signing bonus.....I think the Ravens are losing their minds!:D

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Clayton reports 4-yrs., $8.8 million with a $1.7 million bonus on ESPN.

Still sounds a little too rich.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Here it is...

Good deal for Sanders
The Ravens treated veteran wide receiver Frank Sanders more than just an afterthought to their offense. They agreed to give him a four-year, $8.8 million deal that included a $1.7 million signing bonus. That's decent numbers for a No. 2 receiver behind Travis Taylor, the team's No. 1 starter. Sanders caught 34 passes for the Arizona Cardinals last season, and he only gained 400 yards. Still, at 30, Sanders has been a productive receiver who has been part of an offense that has struggled in Arizona. He had an 89-catch, 1,145-yard season in 1998 and caught 79 passes in 1999. His numbers dipped to 54 in 2000 and 41 in 2001 and he hasn't had a 1,000-yard season in four years. What the Ravens like is his size. He's 6-2, 200 pounds. Plus, having an experienced receiver will help if the Ravens draft Byron Leftwich or Kyle Boller in the first round.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinal Bob
Clayton reports 4-yrs., $8.8 million with a $1.7 million bonus on ESPN.

Still sounds a little too rich.

Wow, it's like a million dollars for every ball he'll drop this season :)

Mike

seesred

Reaction score
More power to him. He is getting what the Ravens believe to be his market value for a veteran play maker. Frank has the knack of catching the impossible and dropping the expected. I hope he has a great year.

GBR

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Good for Frank. He deserves it. In this age of me first players with big price tags that equal risk, you know what you get with Frank.