Seahawks Spanked a Little

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The guy who couldn't play by the rules in college, can't play by the rules in the NFL... /shocking!

Carroll said he wasn't surprised when the league notified the Seahawks about the violations.
''We are as competitive as can be, we have a very young football team,'' Carroll said. ''Most of these guys have never been in an OTA practice, so this is their first time to get a smell of it. As we go through it, we learn.''

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Hope He doesn't like getting spanked? never know in the Northwest!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 years from now, they'll be having some sort of sanctions from his regime. Let's hope it is as nasty as the Saints dismantling. I don't cheer for injuries, but I DO cheer for douchebags being brought to bear.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
contact drills...how can he not know this...and the fools running their website showed the contact.
you can bet the PR and web site guys got an ear full about posting the content.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why does this not shock me?

Oh, yeah. It's Carroll giving the "We're as competitive as can be" rah-rah line.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
No one is saying exactly what it stems from - but I think it's pretty obvious

The defense has a ton of swagger about it and plays very physical - the WRs definitely like to challenge them and it boiled over a couple times in OTAs with fights breaking out between the two units

Even after the fights when drills resumed there was some "get back" contact that carried over

The guys were competing, trying to get better and I really have no issue with it .... even when it happened the coaches used it as a teaching moment about staying on the right side of the line

Do doubt the league pulled the tape from that practice and saw some "excessive contact"

As mentioned - it was all fairly publicized and not much of a secret that things flared up a little bit

Personally, I'd rather watch a team keep that attitude and competative streak and lose a couple days of OTAs at the very beginning of June

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one is saying exactly what it stems from - but I think it's pretty obvious

The defense has a ton of swagger about it and plays very physical - the WRs definitely like to challenge them and it boiled over a couple times in OTAs with fights breaking out between the two units

Even after the fights when drills resumed there was some "get back" contact that carried over

The guys were competing, trying to get better and I really have no issue with it .... even when it happened the coaches used it as a teaching moment about staying on the right side of the line

Do doubt the league pulled the tape from that practice and saw some "excessive contact"

As mentioned - it was all fairly publicized and not much of a secret that things flared up a little bit

Personally, I'd rather watch a team keep that attitude and competative streak and lose a couple days of OTAs at the very beginning of June

Spoken like a Seahawk fan ;)

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I just read that all OTA's must now be filmed so the League can investigate claims of contact after the fact. Pretty dumb to try and cheat with cameras rolling.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Spoken like a Seahawk fan ;)

Full of wisdom & truth :D

I just read that all OTA's must now be filmed so the League can investigate claims of contact after the fact. Pretty dumb to try and cheat with cameras rolling.

yeah - all OTAs are recorded and must be retained into the season (like a month or two) and there is a wide variety of things that can lead to them being pulled

rumor has it that Tate's broken hand came from the scuffle - but that's just initial rumor at this point

Reaction score
Full of wisdom & truth :D

yeah - all OTAs are recorded and must be retained into the season (like a month or two) and there is a wide variety of things that can lead to them being pulled

rumor has it that Tate's broken hand came from the scuffle - but that's just initial rumor at this point
I heard he did it answering the phone! ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05