Sean Salisbury

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa, did he just trash the Cardinal organization on ESPN radio...

Well if he's such a big Green fan why didn't he take the QB coach job?

Salisbury is a hack, he sucked as a QB, he sucked in Benchwarmers(what a stupid movie) and he doesn't even have the guts to leave ESPN and take a real NFL job but now he blasts us for firing the guy he said no to?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if he's such a big Green fan why didn't he take the QB coach job?

Salisbury is a hack, he sucked as a QB, he sucked in Benchwarmers(what a stupid movie) and he doesn't even have the guts to leave ESPN and take a real NFL job but now he blasts us for firing the guy he said no to?

:stupid:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Whoa, did he just trash the Cardinal organization on ESPN radio...

Like most of the ex-jocks on ESPN, Salsbury is almost totally worthless. The primary exception is Ron Jaworski, who actually watches tape and adds useful commentary and observations.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He said he didn't take Denny's offer because of Cardinal ownership. Was afraid he be out of a job in 3 years...What he failed to mention is that Cardinal ownership didn't force Green to make all of his stupid changes that lead to his downfall.

Salilsbury is an ass...always has been and always will be. Just a giant steaming turd!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys defending cardinals ownership? That's a pretty tough task.

If defending Cards ownership means that I think that the firing of DG was a good thing, then Yes I am.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys defending cardinals ownership? That's a pretty tough task.

I'm not I'm just saying Salisbury is full of crap saying he didn't take the job because of ownership. He didn't take the job, because he wasn't confident enough in his OWN ability to coach McCown and Blake(I don't think we'd released him yet when SS turned us down). He sits there on ESPN and tells us all how much knows about football but when his former coach gives him an opportunity to go prove that he can coach, he turns it down. Then when that same coach gets fired for going 16-32, he blasts the Cards for doing it.

If he's so down with Denny Green why the hell didn't he take the job and helped DG instead of staying at ESPN and being a back seat driver?

Of course ownership here sucks and of course it's not an easy job, but if you really believe in Green you take that chance. he didn't, because he didn't believe in Green or in himself.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He said he didn't take Denny's offer because of Cardinal ownership. Was afraid he be out of a job in 3 years...What he failed to mention is that Cardinal ownership didn't force Green to make all of his stupid changes that lead to his downfall.

Salilsbury is an ass...always has been and always will be. Just a giant steaming turd!

Salisbury is an ass.

He also said that if Green had taken the Atlanta job he would have left him and joined ESPN in two seconds. What a wuss. And as for being agraid he'd be out of a job in 3 years... how about posting a winning record before the 3 years was up, and therefore earning more years at the helm.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No Green needed to be fired. He made plenty of mistakes and with the firing he is being held accountable. The ownership and graves do not have to be held accountable for their mistakes.

But cards fans just get so worked up when someone say's any negative towards the cards ownership. I think the cards need a really good trashing by any and all media until they change there ways.

I do agree that SS does not have the balls to leave espn.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Osama Bin Laden criticized Cards management I couldn't argue with it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Salisbury is an ass.

He also said that if Green had taken the Atlanta job he would have left him and joined ESPN in two seconds. What a wuss. And as for being agraid he'd be out of a job in 3 years... how about posting a winning record before the 3 years was up, and therefore earning more years at the helm.

IIRC Green was never offered the Atlanta job?

I had the same reaction when Robert Smith said he wanted to come out of retirement and play for Green but didn't because he didn't trust the Cards to build a good OL. Who was at fault there, the bidwills, or Green? The reality is both guys were afraid they'd be part of a losing team and that it would harm their reputations. I don't like Green at all but at least he sacked up and took the risk, just as he did with Northwestern and Stanford, tough places to win at.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Green failed in AZ, alot of it was his ego. But I do give the guy credit he did have the stones to come in here and chance destroying his legacy(as he did) to build a winner.

To bad he didnt get that Oline figured out a year ago, he would of won alot more games IMO.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i don't listen to the espn comentary. it get pretty old. i like watching nfl network guys. i love watching nfl gameday with rich, dieon, and mooch. that is the best highlight show around.

seesred

Reaction score
I ditto "The Ass" comment. I heard it and there was the typical Bidwill bashing. The only time you don't bash them is when they are paying you money. 'ASS".

GBR