Shaun Alexander wearing a cast/brace at practice today

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2007/09/12/shaun_alexander_wearing_a_cast_brace

Shaun Alexander wearing a cast/bracePosted by Frank Hughes @ 03:36:11 pm Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander practiced but was wearing a cast or a brace on his left hand. It is unclear exactly what the injury is (hand or wrist) and Shaun was not talking today; tomorrow is his day to speak to the media. He practiced but other running backs got more reps than they normally do. He caught a pass as well but had the majority of his carries in his right hand.

I also spoke with Leroy Hill after practice and he said he is planning on practicing tomorrow and will be able to play Sunday. He said his foot is sore and missing practice today was strictly precautionary.

Maurice Morris is listed in today's injury report as a hip injury. The team does not have to list his availability for Sunday until Friday.

Reaction score
Guys, Frank Hughes took over the Seahawks Insider blog after Mike Sando left to go to ESPN.com. Unfortunately, the quality of the blog took a severe nose dive with Sando's departure - and a lot of his supposed "insider insight" ends up reading like a tabloid :(

As an example, he posted early last week that Walter Jones was not yet practicing, and that didn't "bode well" - The plan from the coaches perspective was never to bring him back early in the week - Unfortunately he hadn't done that research.

While there may be truth in his report (I honestly don't know), Coach Holmgren made no comments about it in his Wednesday news conference....so I'm assuming that no news there is good news for me, and bad news for you guys...if I hear any differently I'll definitely post here to let you guys know. I'd expect him to play this week if I were you though.
You must be registered for see images
http://forums.azcardinals.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=323631

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, Frank Hughes took over the Seahawks Insider blog after Mike Sando left to go to ESPN.com. Unfortunately, the quality of the blog took a severe nose dive with Sando's departure - and a lot of his supposed "insider insight" ends up reading like a tabloid :(

As an example, he posted early last week that Walter Jones was not yet practicing, and that didn't "bode well" - The plan from the coaches perspective was never to bring him back early in the week - Unfortunately he hadn't done that research.

While there may be truth in his report (I honestly don't know), Coach Holmgren made no comments about it in his Wednesday news conference....so I'm assuming that no news there is good news for me, and bad news for you guys...if I hear any differently I'll definitely post here to let you guys know. I'd expect him to play this week if I were you though.
You must be registered for see images
http://forums.azcardinals.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=323631

Eh, it matters not who plays or does not play for Seattle. You'll win anyway, since you are superior to the Cards in coaching and at every player position.

Reports you don't like? Bah. Dismiss them as unfounded.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah - he really said all that..............

this dude has the football knowledge of paola boivin and the personality of dan bickley

seattle is the far end of the spectrum for sportswriters - decent ones like clayton and sando get gobbled leaving guys like hughes and theil forever around to spew garbage and sensationalism

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
Eh, it matters not who plays or does not play for Seattle. You'll win anyway, since you are superior to the Cards in coaching and at every player position.

Reports you don't like? Bah. Dismiss them as unfounded.

I'll take the road Skkorp is taking...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
those tricky Seahawks can't fool me...THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ALEXANDER...that brace crap is a ploy...hell, he would be a terror with only one leg. Is that possible? why yes. Boldin with one leg would still be one of the best WRs in the game ;)

Feeble Mcjackson

Registered
Reaction score
yea it really means nothing. We use to cast up players if they had light sprang's in there wrist or anything bothering there hand. The stability of a cast just helps get things right quicker.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From my fantasy league

Alexander, Shaun RB SEA

News: One day after Shaun Alexander was playfully coy about what the injury was or whether he was even wearing a cast, coach Mike Holmgren said the 2005 league MVP sprained his wrist in last week's win over Tampa Bay. Alexander is wearing a soft, padded cast over his left wrist, halfway up his forearm. Alexander is expected to start, but Holmgren expects Alexander to be limited Sunday, and indefinitely beyond that, since the coach said he didn't know how long Alexander will have to wear the cast. "We're being real careful with that," Holmgren said of Alexander's wrist. "He feels really good about playing with that thing. He feels better. And so they are going to rig something up during the game to allow him to play."

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Willis McLeghee has a hand issue when we play Baltimore, things are going to start to get creepy.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i really have no problem with them targeting a weakness if it exists

if he can't take it he shouldn't play - as long as the hits are clean and legal, then bring them

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Alexander will play despite cast
GREGG BELL
AP Sports Writer
Sept. 14, 2007 02:50 PM

KIRKLAND, Wash. - Shaun Alexander bobbled a short pass from Matt Hasselbeck in practice - and it was the best thing Mike Holmgren saw all day.

"I'm glad that happened," the Seahawks coach yelled across the field Friday to his star running back.

Holmgren was happy Alexander was getting to test the usefulness of the soft, padded cast he was wearing over his left wrist, halfway up his forearm. One day after Alexander was playfully coy about what the injury was or whether he was even wearing a cast, Holmgren said the 2005 league MVP sprained his wrist while running for 105 yards and a touchdown in last week's win over Tampa Bay.

"We're being real careful with that," Holmgren said after a light practice in which Alexander clowned around with teammates while participating fully with the first-team offense. "He feels really good about playing with that thing. He feels better.

"And so they are going to rig something up during the game to allow him to play" Sunday at Arizona, he said.

Alexander has a good reason to play through the injury this week. In 10 games against the Cardinals, he has 962 yards rushing and 15 touchdowns. Both are his most against any team.

The Seahawks have been wanting to throw more passes to Alexander this season, to reduce the receiving load on 36-year-old fullback Mack Strong and to make the offense tougher to defend. Alexander had a career-high 59 receptions in 2002, his first full season as Seattle's feature back, but has had 15 and 12 catches in each of the last two seasons. But he had problems with dropped passes in the preseason with two healthy hands, and then dropped another in the opener last week.

"I told him, Heck, maybe we'll put a cast on the other hand and things will get better, I don't know," Holmgren joked.

"He's limited slightly with that thing," Holmgren said of the bulbous, taped cast that stops about midway up Alexander's thumb. "It's different, let me put it that way, so he's got to get used to it. I think it does affect him, certainly."

Seattle's play-caller expects Alexander to be limited Sunday - and indefinitely beyond that, since the coach said he didn't know how long Alexander will have to wear the cast.

"Anytime a running back or receiver has to wear one of those, it's different," Holmgren said.

Leonard Weaver, an undrafted free agent in 2005 and Alvin Pearman, acquired in a trade from Jacksonville earlier this month, will get more opportunities in passing situations with Alexander limited.

Alexander severely bruised his foot in last season's opener. After playing on it for two more games, the foot became cracked, causing him to miss six games and rush for just 896 yards in the regular season. It was the first season under 1,000 yards since he became Seattle's feature back in 2001.

The Seahawks say his foot may still have a small crack, but Alexander was unlimited in practices throughout minicamps and training camp.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i really have no problem with them targeting a weakness if it exists

if he can't take it he shouldn't play - as long as the hits are clean and legal, then bring them

:thumbup:

If he's on the field and has an injury, the team should smell blood in the water and go after it.

Where did we earn this reputation, btw? We get beat by hobbled players more often than healthy ones...and sometimes we refuse to rush hobbled QBs!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why you guys get the reputation that you have. Most people want to actually beat other teams on talent.

Yes, we should probably have a team meeting prior to the game.

"Now fellas, we know Mr. Alexander has a sore hand, but let's make sure we don't try to cause him any discomfort out there. I know, I know Mr. Wilson, you could force a fumble if you go at his arms, but seriously now, is that fair? It's not his fault he's hurting. We shouldn't do anything to take advantage of that. It just isn't smart football.

We are too talented to use our brains out there and take advantage of weaknesses. Why, who are we to try and take advantage of anything? That's just not nice. Now go out there and bring us a tie so both teams feel good about themselves. Ready, break!"

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
that makes a team dirty?

EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THIS CONTACT SPORT DOES THIS. The Cardinals, the Seahawks, the Niners ect... . It is common in the college ranks for coaches to tell their players to take advantage of another teams injuries. They don't say hit the guy illegally, just to hit more often where the injury is if it could cause a fumble ect... . But if you want to live in a fantasy world of peace and love on the gridiron, don't let me stop you from dreaming. Dirty is more like the chop blocking schemes of the Broncos so that they can get any back they choose to gain 1300 yards a season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser