Smoot for the #6?

asugrad96

1 of 3 Cards Fans in NH
Reaction score
I can't recall if this idea had been posted already, but if Andre Johnson is available at #6 and the Skins offer Smoot to switch places - would you do it? Would you do it if Leftwich was still available? If he wasn't? Just curious to see how y'all would handle that one.

I have been watching Smoot pretty closely for a couple of years now (live in DC) and I am pretty impressed with him. If Leftwich wasn't around. I would switch with the Skins it in a second.

OP
OP
A

asugrad96

1 of 3 Cards Fans in NH
Reaction score
As far as I know he has been a model citizen since entering the NFL. Are you referring to the rumors about him before the draft? Not familiar with anything he has done since. Talks a lot of trash, but seems like a nice enough guy in interviews and he is liked by his teammates

OP
OP
A

asugrad96

1 of 3 Cards Fans in NH
Reaction score
I forgot we are fielding a team of underskilled choir boys. Maybe San Diego would be interested in him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by asugrad96
I can't recall if this idea had been posted already, but if Andre Johnson is available at #6 and the Skins offer Smoot to switch places - would you do it? Would you do it if Leftwich was still available? If he wasn't? Just curious to see how y'all would handle that one.

I have been watching Smoot pretty closely for a couple of years now (live in DC) and I am pretty impressed with him. If Leftwich wasn't around. I would switch with the Skins it in a second.

No I wouldn't make that deal I think we need more than Smoot we need a DL, a WR, a QB, no way I do that.

Why does Washington want to unload Smoot?

OP
OP
A

asugrad96

1 of 3 Cards Fans in NH
Reaction score
not sure, maybe he has more issues then I am aware of. It seems like a strange move to make since they don't have anyone great at corner beside Bailey

Mrospi

Reaction score
Why would they???? Unless there is a problem..... Darrell green isn't still playing is he????? If he's good they would want to keep him opposite Champ for the long term

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
If everybody is gone at 6 I think we should take Johnsons. I just don't think we should count on him for this year. The man is the closest thing to Boston in the draft this year. If Sully can get him to make the easy catches he'll be a great one.

OP
OP
A

asugrad96

1 of 3 Cards Fans in NH
Reaction score
Re: Re: Smoot for the #6?

Originally posted by Russ Smith
No I wouldn't make that deal I think we need more than Smoot we need a DL, a WR, a QB, no way I do that.

Why does Washington want to unload Smoot?

I just posed the questions since it was reported that Washington was dangling Smoot in front of Detriot for their pick a couple of weeks ago. Also, Spurrier was drooling over Johnson at Miami's workout day. Danny Boy loves to get a little wacky on draft day so if Johnson is still there at #6 he may try dangling Smoot again.

I know the Skins were plenty pissed when the story leaked. I don't know if the story was totally accurate but it was reported on local news for a couple of nights in a row.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week it was rumored that they had offered this deal to Detroit. Then later is was found out that it looked more like this:

Smoot + Wash's 13th pick for Xteam's #1 and #2

That transaction looks more like an even-steven deal to me, and teams probably won't bite. If it were Smoot + Wash's 13 straight up for a higher #1, teams would snatch that up quicker than you can say Hershel Walker.

OP
OP
A

asugrad96

1 of 3 Cards Fans in NH
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
Last week it was rumored that they had offered this deal to Detroit. Then later is was found out that it looked more like this:

Smoot + Wash's 13th pick for Xteam's #1 and #2

That transaction looks more like an even-steven deal to me, and teams probably won't bite. If it were Smoot + Wash's 13 straight up for a higher #1, teams would snatch that up quicker than you can say Hershel Walker.

That make a lot more sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Still, that has got to bum Smoot out to be dangled like that if the rumors are true.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Smoot and Starks CB combo would mean we would have the smallest CB tandem in the NFL!
If it was a question of getting Smoot for our #6, I'd rather use our #6 on Newman. More upside - not to say he isn't pretty good right now.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Smoot and Starks CB combo would mean we would have the smallest CB tandem in the NFL!
If it was a question of getting Smoot for our #6, I'd rather use our #6 on Newman. More upside - not to say he isn't pretty good right now.

However, Smoot is proven. If Leftwich and Suggs are gone, I would take this deal...Smoot and our #6 to Washington for their #14.

What about trading TJ straight up for Smoot? That is an even better deal, IMO.