So do you think there is a chance we'll Draft Mike Williams now?

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Since players with less then three years of college are probably now going to be declaring for the draft do you think we'll have a shot at Mike Williams? That would be pretty awesome. If he does declare we would either be able to get or one of the coveted QB's...

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by SunCardfan
Since players with less then three years of college are probably now going to be declaring for the draft do you think we'll have a shot at Mike Williams? That would be pretty awesome. If he does declare we would either be able to get or one of the coveted QB's...

If he comes out he will be the 1 or 2 pick of the draft that means Futz, Manning, Ben and Taylor will be there at the 3rd spot.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
No chance we get Williams, unless we traded up which won't happen. San Diego takes Williams at #1 overall, no doubt about it, if he comes out. It would be like giving us the 2nd overall pick though. Oakland picks next, so it could open up an Eli pick for us, if Oakland takes Fitz, or Gallery.

I hope he stays, and next season we get a shot at him. :D

Well, not really, I'd rather have the 32nd pick in next years draft.

I can dream can't I!:cool:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is a lot of Williams love on this board. Don't get me wrong he rocks but is he really all that better then Fitz. His numbers certainly weren't better. Fitz was the one going for the Heisman this year not Williams.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by vikesfan
There is a lot of Williams love on this board. Don't get me wrong he rocks but is he really all that better then Fitz. His numbers certainly weren't better. Fitz was the one going for the Heisman this year not Williams.
I was wondering the same thing. If Williams is the "guaranteed" #1 overall pick then why wouldn't he enter the draft this year? Why go back to USC and risk a Willis McGahee-type injury?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by Renz
I was wondering the same thing. If Williams is the "guaranteed" #1 overall pick then why wouldn't he enter the draft this year? Why go back to USC and risk a Willis McGahee-type injury?

Bc he is a sophmore. He can enter the draft now because of the new March 1st deadline for players who are less than 3 years removed from H.S.

He is a great player but i dont see him going #1 overall. I see him going at #3:D

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Williams is better than Fitz. Period.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

He's not scheduled to play Ohio State next year.So,he probably won't face the hard hitting D that Willis did and couldn't hold up to.That was for you Wallyburger:D .

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by MaoTosiFanClub
Williams is better than Fitz. Period.
Fitzgerald

Year Rec. Yds. Avg. TD
2003 92 1672 18.2 22
2002 69 1005 14.6 12

Williams

2003 95 1314 13.8 16
2002 81 1265 15.6 14

What exactly are you basing that statement on?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cards are in a great spot, F the trade down talk. Cards just moved up a draft slot!!!! :thumbup: What a great offseason!!!

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
i'm a big mike williams fan myself. he is awsome. if their is one player that should come out early that is williams. whenever usc needed a big play, they went to mike williams. how many people seen williams make that one handed grab in the endzone without bringing the ball into his body. if mike williams come out early then i say screw the qb position and take mike williams. let see what mike williams does.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Williams was not eligible to come out this year but now he is.

As for his 1 handed catch he sure is getting a lot of mileage off that 1 catch. We have all seen spectacular 1 handed catches. From my research it appears Fitz has made some great ones in his career. He is extremely acrobatic as a WR and has made spectacular catches.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Williams was not eligible to come out this year but now he is.

As for his 1 handed catch he sure is getting a lot of mileage off that 1 catch. We have all seen spectacular 1 handed catches. From my research it appears Fitz has made some great ones in his career. He is extremely acrobatic as a WR and has made spectacular catches.

Anyone who has watched a lot of Pac 10 football the last two years will tell you that Williams has done a heck of a lot more than make one fancy catch. He's bigger and faster than Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald played in an offense with a LOT fewer weapons that SC had this year and even last year. He had to get the ball more.

Both of their stats are kick ass. Fitzgerald ended up with 98 more yards and 4 more TDs. Obviously, Williams was underhyped compared to all of the gushing analysis Fitzgerald got from ESPN. I don't want it to sound like I don't like Fitzgerald, I do. I've decided he's a better pick than Roy Williams. But, Mike Williams is just a little better. IMO.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
Anyone who has watched a lot of Pac 10 football the last two years will tell you that Williams has done a heck of a lot more than make one fancy catch. He's bigger and faster than Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald played in an offense with a LOT fewer weapons that SC had this year and even last year. He had to get the ball more.

Both of their stats are kick ass. Fitzgerald ended up with 98 more yards and 4 more TDs. Obviously, Williams was underhyped compared to all of the gushing analysis Fitzgerald got from ESPN. I don't want it to sound like I don't like Fitzgerald, I do. I've decided he's a better pick than Roy Williams. But, Mike Williams is just a little better. IMO.
Fitzgerald had over 300 more receiving yards and 6 more TD's than Williams and he didn't have Matt Leinart throwing to him either.

As for size, Williams is listed as 6'5'' and 230 lbs. while Fitzgerald goes 6'3" and 225 lbs. Not a big difference IMO.

As far as speed goes, I don't know who is faster, but speed can be overrated. Just ask Q. :)

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Fitzgerald had over 300 more receiving yards and 6 more TD's than Williams and he didn't have Matt Leinart throwing to him either.

As for size, Williams is listed as 6'5'' and 230 lbs. while Fitzgerald goes 6'3" and 225 lbs. Not a big difference IMO.

As far as speed goes, I don't know who is faster, but speed can be overrated. Just ask Q. :)

Bring them both in wouldn't hurt :D :rolleyes:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was looking at their career totals. Williams had more yards and TDs when they were freshmen.

BTW, I think Rutherford (Pitt) is a dark horse QB pick. I really think he's one of those guys who can fly in under the radar in the draft and a couple of years later everyone is saying, "We shoulda drafted him in rd 3 instead of __________."

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Fitz and Mike Williams are very close. Let's put it this way either guy is a solid pick. Fitz might be a little more polished and M Williams might be a little more athletic. The only times I could find on the net for them has Fitz listed at 4.42 - 4.5 and M Williams at 4.5. I haven't watched them on film for hours like scouts have/will but I think both are pretty much can't miss. Not as positive on any other WRs out there as on them. Though there are many intriguing and talented guys out there.

If Mike Williams does come out it can only help the Cards.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we can all agree this is a great year for WRs.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Good thing were taking Taylor!

(j/k)

Who ever we take it will help us... Were in a good spot.

Jaccoob

Cardinal Lunatic
Reaction score
From what i read yesterday Mike Williams is staying for another year at least so no need to discuss his coming out.....It was a quote he gave when discussing early admission to the NFL

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think Mike Williams is the best of the three. Mike, Roy and Fitz. I know if the NFL told me that I would be drafted in the top five picks of the draft and had millions of dollars in signing bonus money waiting on me I would jump on that in a heartbeat. I would be very surprised if Mike Williams doesn't come out. I would love to see him in a Cardinal uniform.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
I think Mike Williams is the best of the three. Mike, Roy and Fitz. I know if the NFL told me that I would be drafted in the top five picks of the draft and had millions of dollars in signing bonus money waiting on me I would jump on that in a heartbeat. I would be very surprised if Mike Williams doesn't come out. I would love to see him in a Cardinal uniform.

I agree, there is no reason to stay IMO, he would be a lock for a top 3 pick. That's a huge signing bonus, and it isn't like he's planning to stay for his senior season to graduate anyway, is he? Take the money now, while your stock is high, the gamble of avoiding injury is to big of a risk. Go back and get your diploma while you're a millionaire, but that's just me.

:D

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
fritz and williams are excellent choices. have to go with fritz because he has already declared for the draft. i prefer williams over fritz.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
I will wager that Mike Williams is going into the draft. Why would you risk millions not to come out now and be a top 5 pick.

If he does I also think San Diego will take him with the first overall selection. There is still a slim chance that Manning might fall to us.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05