So the Cardinals are a Hyundai

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
What has the world come to that we have to have Hyundai patches on the Cardinals practice uniforms? Next, when I go to the games this season, I get to go through Hyundai Gate 1.

During the season, Hyundai will also have signage at University of Phoenix Stadium, promotional rights and media and tickets. The company will also get naming rights for the main entertainment venue outside the stadium, to be called the Hyundai Great Lawn Entertainment Stage. There will be interactive vehicle displays and fan promotions in the stage area for pre-game tailgating. Entry gate No. 1 at the stadium will now be called “Hyundai Gate 1.”

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What has the world come to that we have to have Hyundai patches on the Cardinals practice uniforms? Next, when I go to the games this season, I get to go through Hyundai Gate 1.

It's awesome. More $$$ revenue for the team. Other teams have been wearing advertising on there camp uniforms for years. About time they jumped into the fray. Hardly anything to complain about.

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, it's really not a big deal. Good for both parties, barely a difference for us, not much need to pay attention to it.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
That's something to complain about.... I can't believe the nitpicking sometimes.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's awesome. More $$$ revenue for the team. Other teams have been wearing advertising on there camp uniforms for years. About time they jumped into the fray. Hardly anything to complain about.

This.

Now, can I move to the head of the security line on game day since I own a Hyundai? That would rock!

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
If it helps fund more cool projects like new Arizona Cardinals mobile app, I'm all for it. Loving it!

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you are wearing a Nike shirt or something that says Aeropostale on it what's the problem ?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You might need to wear a Hyundai patch to go through the Hyundai Gate 1. :D

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All of it annoys me frankly. Just like the Olympics...which could be fantastic you figure, some of the best athletes in the world, but the media and the corporate establishment has to f*ck it up so bad and overhype it to the point that I don't even want to watch.

I suppose I'm just old and grouchy. :bang:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the 1975 movie "Rollerball" with James Caan, Corporations ruled the world.

The game "Rollerball" represented an athletes plight (and mankind) to succeed within that world. I think the time has arrived. Still enjoy that movie.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of it annoys me frankly. Just like the Olympics...which could be fantastic you figure, some of the best athletes in the world, but the media and the corporate establishment has to f*ck it up so bad and overhype it to the point that I don't even want to watch.

I suppose I'm just old and grouchy. :bang:

That's the only way those athletes earn any money. Corporate sponsors...

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Do these owners even remember when they first sold out?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
If it helps fund more cool projects like new Arizona Cardinals mobile app, I'm all for it. Loving it!

I thought when the Cardinals took over Rojo Refreshments, they would have enough money from my beer sales to do cool things like the mobile app.

I don't like the idea of compromising the traditional NFL uniform with advertising. Other sports, like Major League Baseball, will never do it.

The NFL is an incredibly successful business and makes a ton of money from TV contracts, licensing deals, ticket sales, Sunday Ticket pay-per-view, etc. This is just greed.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought when the Cardinals took over Rojo Refreshments, they would have enough money from my beer sales to do cool things like the mobile app.

I don't like the idea of compromising the traditional NFL uniform with advertising. Other sports, like Major League Baseball, will never do it.

The NFL is an incredibly successful business and makes a ton of money from TV contracts, licensing deals, ticket sales, Sunday Ticket pay-per-view, etc. This is just greed.

Its not on the traditional uniform it on practice jerseys for now. Its also not greed as much as it is keeping up with the Joneses! Its no big deal.

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score

I disagree that it's greed. You can throw that word at any attempt to make money...they are a business. They are going to look for new revenue streams. Does walking through the Hyundai tunnel or looking at a patch on a practice jersey really cause people that much pain?

I think the major problem is that people don't like where it's going...where will it end...I can agree with that sentiment. But, we are already far past the point where this became a highly commercialized game. I don't see how this is any different then selling the naming rights to the stadium, having advertising throughout the stadium, etc.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised it took this long.

Pro car racers have been plastering stickers and patches on their cars and clothing since the early 60's. At least.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05