Some Guys to watch... article CBS Sportsline

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link ...

Eric Wright, CB, UNLV: He started his college career at USC but was booted from the team for off-field issues. At UNLV, he played really well last season and should be an outstanding cover corner.

He could be surprise if we can get him in a later round ... is his head screwed on straight now .. ???

Josh Beekman, G, Boston College: He isn't a great athlete, but he has that tenacity you like from a guard. He won't back down from anyone. Tough-guy guards last a long time in the NFL.

This guy sounds like Larry Allen with his strength ... (I am not comparing him to LA) ...if we don't get a guard in the first 2 rounds he may be an option ...

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eric Wright, CB, UNLV: He started his college career at USC but was booted from the team for off-field issues. At UNLV, he played really well last season and should be an outstanding cover corner.

I've been hearing plenty about Eric Wright. All good things. Maybe we should grab him.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been hearing plenty about Eric Wright. All good things. Maybe we should grab him.

People know Eric Wright aint no busta.

You must be registered for see images

Stins

Rookie
Reaction score
Eric Wright is a top 3 corner in the draft. As I have written before his resume speaks for itself. His only fault is he takes some chances which can be fixed. His speed to size ratio is great, he has lock down speed with great instincts, very aggressive going after the ball and a solid tackler. The Cards should take him in the 2nd.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
People know Eric Wright aint no busta.

You must be registered for see images

Man, I remember hearing "Boyz-in-the-Hood" for the first time in the late 80's and thinking "holy s%^t!". That era was when rap went from corny to gangsta. Crazy stuff at the time.

Stins

Rookie
Reaction score
I see in the GBN Report's newest mock (4/4/07), they have Wright going at #36 to Cleveland. The FOX Sports has Wright going #44 to the Falcons. As I said, Wright has middle round 1 talent whicw has been diluted by an off field problem that was dismissed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I remember hearing "Boyz-in-the-Hood" for the first time in the late 80's and thinking "holy s%^t!". That era was when rap went from corny to gangsta. Crazy stuff at the time.

Totally. You can even pinpoint it to THAT song.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score

I attended the NWA concert with 2LiveCrew in 1988 I believe or 89 at celebrity theatre. I was mistaken for a record producer that had not got back with them on a deal and they nearly "Hurt" me bad!
My quick thinking friend told them I was a newspaper reporter from the Sun Times. They quickly apologized took their forearms from out from under my chin and around my neck.
They said quote " Man we knew you were someone famous" then asked if I wanted to hang out with them the rest of the night.

Dont ask me which one said it my adrenaline was going 100 miles an hour and I didnt truly recognize everything had gotten cleared up at that moment.
Btw: EZ-e wasnt part of the mob scene it was the rest of NWA wanting to get away from him.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wright is one heckuva DB, however knowing how the front office feels about high character guys I don't believe he will be looked at. Some team is going to get one tough dude who can play the position. I doubt we will.