Steelers fan stopping to say-- What a game.. good job.

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
The Cards showed SO MUCH HEART tonight. WOW. That was so impressive. Very few other teams have EVER come back against the Steelers like that.

I would love for Warner, Dansby, and Fitz to get a ring (another ring for Warner). They are all very special players.

God bless... let's hope this becomes a common meeting between our teams this time of year!!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The Cards showed SO MUCH HEART tonight. WOW. That was so impressive. Very few other teams have EVER come back against the Steelers like that.

I would love for Warner, Dansby, and Fitz to get a ring (another ring for Warner). They are all very special players.

God bless... let's hope this becomes a common meeting between our teams this time of year!!

Enjoy your sixth title.

Forgive me if I'm not more generous than that, that was a soul crushing loss.

That isn't right, no one should have to lose like that after all we've been through it's not right.

I'm not blaming anyone but whatever the hell you want to call it, it's just wrong.

ambsteeler

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
you guys have alot to be happy about it was a great game one of the best and you guys have one hell of a team you played one hell of a game i have noting but respect for you guys and you will be a force next year and beleive me i know how it feels to lose

SteelersDave

Reaction score
We did not beat you, we only won the game. You tore our pass defense to shreds, especially in the 2nd half. I know how it hurts to lose one, but you have a lot to be proud of. Your best days are ahead of you, and who knows, maybe we will get a rematch next year. I can not emphasize enough how impressed I am with your team. Take care.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything since the win over the Falcons was icing on the cake as far as I was concerned. BUT, I didn't expect to be set up for a go ahead score late in the first half only to see a 14 point turnaround. I also didn't expect to be leading with less than a minute to do.

I guess I'll be happy that it was a legendary game at some point. But, man... damn.

Honestly, you guys don't deserve a sixth trophy nearly as much as we deserve one. Life just isn't fair. :(

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Brutal lose, great win by Steelers. We just weren't good enough.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Oh I'm very proud of our team.

I'm very proud indeed but this one hurts bad, so so bad.

Congrats Steerlers.

KRYX at Pitts

Reaction score
Too Good

Man!!! After Q1 I thought it was going to be a lousy game. I was waaaay wrong. Congrats to the Cards & fans - tons of heart, and the end could have gone either way. Hopefully, we'll do it again next year.

Reaction score
Another Steelers fan stopping in to say great game and keep your heads up!

The Cardinals more then deserved to be there! Hell they already shocked the world. Fitz is by far the greatest WR in teh game right now. Absolutely incredible. I beleive that this is not the end for this franchise, people are going to want to be a cardinal. They will be back!

Great game!

Nick C

Amazing
Reaction score
What a great season for our Cardinals but to be so close, makes it hurt so much more.
Congrats to the Steelers. They responded when they were down and played like Champions.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
That isn't right, no one should have to lose like that after all we've been through it's not right.

yup

the football gods can go die for all I care

we dont deserve to keep getting slapped down the way that we keep getting slapped down

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
yup

the football gods can go die for all I care

we dont deserve to keep getting slapped down the way that we keep getting slapped down

It seems they like to toy with us dosen't it?

Oh well we scared the crap out of em anyhow didn't we?

Football Gods are straining for all they're worth on that one, I think one day we'll get em.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great game. It sucks and hurts but I am proud of my Cards. Congrats to the Steelers on a hard fought victory. For some reason this game doesn't hurt as bad as the 06 Bears game or the Carolina or Eagles or Pats games from this year. I could not be any more proud of this team. If someone made a tackle on that 100 yard INT return or it was never picked off the Cards are Super Bowl champs. Anyone who has been a Cards fan long enough got REAL nervous when Fitz scored that TD with 3 plus to go. I don't know why we are so stunned we have seen it happen many times over and over. Great game. Thanks for the kind words Steeler fans. I will say this reading these threads I can safely say although we lost we are the classiest bunch of fans in the NFL.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Thanks Preatcher for the sentiment. This is a tough one to accept. We did enough to win but couldn't close it out. Really sad. It was allmost one of the best Super Bowls ever.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Cardinals did the most that I, or anyone, could ask of them...they left it all on the field. I am very proud of their play today.

Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you.

Kudos to the Steelers, they earned it.

RolleRocks

Registered
Reaction score
I just can't believe we let that pathetic offense and a pansy like Santonio Holmes take our Super Bowl title away from us.

And losing to that clueless idiot with the headset (maybe he was listening to an Ipod?) and pompons was pretty hard to take also.

Just a tough way to lose.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great game, most mistakes lost the game - that would be us. It was far more interesting than even I imagined.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Very classy post. Congrats on winning the title:thumbup:.

But.....where was Tomlin with this sentiment when being handed the Lombardi? Not a single word or reference. Classless gesture on his part.
IMO

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But.....where was Tomlin with this sentiment when being handed the Lombardi? Not a single word or reference.
So. What.

That moment was about his team's accomplishment. Not ours. If he decided to say something, great. If not, it's nothing --nothing at all--to bitch about.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So. What.

That moment was about his team's accomplishment. Not ours. If he decided to say something, great. If not, it's nothing --nothing at all--to bitch about.
Disagree. Its about sportsmanship,one of the 1st things we all learn as children growing up and competing in sports. You give props to your opponent regardless of whether or not you won by 50 or 3.
He was even asked about Fitz TD and simply said (arrogantly)"he scored too quick."
........waiting........waiting........
What an ass.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Another Steelers fan stopping in to say great game and keep your heads up!

The Cardinals more then deserved to be there! Hell they already shocked the world. Fitz is by far the greatest WR in teh game right now. Absolutely incredible. I beleive that this is not the end for this franchise, people are going to want to be a cardinal. They will be back!

Great game!

Fitz is great but Santonio Holmes looked pretty good out there tonight too.

SteelCityMom

Rookie
Reaction score
Yes, many congrats on the game...a nailbiter to the end for sure. With the way the Cards played last night I have no doubts that they will get this chance again very soon.

Best of luck next season and thank you to the players for one of the most exciting SBs I've been witness to.