Steve Wyche NFL network Breaks it down position by position.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
5 out of 9 go to the cards yet we dont get the overall? lol

It could be 3 of 9 and we should be the overall with just the Offensive Line, Defensive Line, and Special Teams. The game is won on special teams and in the trenches.

DevilDon

Reaction score
I agree with it all except D-Line. Packers D-Line doesn't get the credit, like Pro Bowl it's popularity context, Packers Pickett, Jolly, Jenkins and Raji don't get sacks, but it's the LB's job, they take up the whole O-line. I think Packers get push for that fact alone. It's gonna be one hell of a game gents.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple of comments, I question how much of us he's seen if he says Jerheme Urban is in the 4 Wr set, he hadn't played in 9 games until he played in the last game. And he's assuming Boldin will play so he's completely unaware that Doucet has been the 4th WR for quite awhile now.

Second, am I the only one who notices that in the last 2 years the habitual fumbler Kurt Warner has fumbled only 2 more times than Aaron Rodgers has? 22 for Kurt, 20 for Rodgers and damn near identical number of attempts. Rodgers doesn't throw picks and he's much more athletic than Warner outside the pocket but he will put the ball on the turf and this is the biggest game of his career.

I watched NFL playbook on NFL net tonight and I learned quite a bit. Baldy, Sterling Sharpe(surprise) and Theismann all picked the Packers. And why, both Sharpe and Theismann pointed out that the Packers play a 3-4 and since most NFL teams don't, they are very good at confusing opposing QB's.

Really, last time I checked the Cards were a 3-4 team too! And while the Vikings were completely unconfused in both wins against the Packers 3-4(30 and 38 points in the wins), we all saw how confused Favre was against the Cards 3-4, 17 points and 2 picks and 2-3 more that easily could have been picked. The announcers spent the whole pregame talking up Favre and the whole 2nd half talking about how confused he was. Now Warner is 8-3 in playoff games career, Rodgers is 0-0, both teams play the 3-4, does it make any sense to point out it might confuse Warner but not point out it might confuse Rodgers too?

Baldy at least pointed out that any team that has Kurt Warner "has a chance" but he too thinks the Packers are the better team.

I have no idea how we'll play Sunday, nobody does that's what makes this team so crazy, but I do think it's just as likely if not more likely that Rodgers is going to be rattled than it is Warner will. They're a very good team and very hot but I still say if the Cards don't beat themselves with turnovers and penalties there isn't a better team in the entire NFC.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I'm sorry to say these "experts" are clueless... most of the time they pick a team that is hot without any real justifications. In other words, just go with the flow. Anyone can do that.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Rodgers will not throw interceptions -- he only throws the ball to the other team once every 77 passes -- so sacks are the key to breaking up the Packers' passing game.
Really?

And Farve only threw 3 ints before we picked him off twice and dropped a third.

It is interesting to see how these claims are made before the fact.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really?

And Farve only threw 3 ints before we picked him off twice and dropped a third.

It is interesting to see how these claims are made before the fact.

That's really the big improvement with Rodgers he's been much better at throwing the ball away and he wasn't bad at it last year. Rodgers throws about as pretty a spiral as there is in the NFL, especially the deep throws. He does at times have issues with holding the ball too long although they seem to have improved that a lot this 2nd half of the year.

THere were 2 reasons Rodgers didn't go higher in the draft, well really 3 one being lack of teams needing a QB. The main 2 were his height and concerns passes would get batted down, and that he played for Tedford and was therefore a "Tedford QB" which means he makes them look better in college than they really are.

One of the ironies of all ironies is when the 49ers worked out Rodgers and Alex Smith trying to make a decision apparently one of the knocks on Rodgers was hands, they were concerned he was going to fumble too much in the NFL because of the size of his hands. Flash forward and remember all those comments about how Alex Smith fumbles alot because his hands are small?

EXIT_HERE

Reaction score
i wouldn't put much stock into this considering mark tauscher is the packers RIGHT tackle not left like the article suggests.

DevilDon

Reaction score
Still and all a pretty balanced article. If anything worries me it's the Cardinals ST's taking it to ours. Packers did well last week, but that's no measure of certainty, we've been weak all year, give Warner a short field and it's a different game.
Nobody is talking about this, but AZ will not win the turnover battle, they will not outgain the Packers on O, but ST could very well propel the Cards into the next round, it has truly been the Packers Achilles Heel.
You can all tell me tomorrow how right I was, this is the singular point of the game IMO.
I don't worry that the Cards didn't show up to play, but is this the same STs unit? Does any team have a second string STs unit?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love that people think we can't win the turnover battle at all, completely forgetting how we demoralized Carolina last year. Is it likely that we do get more turnovers? maybe not. But it certainly is not impossible.

EXIT_HERE

Reaction score
I love that people think we can't win the turnover battle at all, completely forgetting how we demoralized Carolina last year. Is it likely that we do get more turnovers? maybe not. But it certainly is not impossible.

its a whole different year, quit living in the past man. My goodness

DevilDon

Reaction score
Is it impossible Split? No, but not likely. The things about stats is they point to the direction that's possible. Can the Cards become the dominant take away team in the NFL for one game? Sure!!!
But stats point to the Packers winning this battle. I'd say again, I think the best chance for AZ is the STs play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05