Suns 2014-15 payroll

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Barring a major move other than Bledsoe's extension, the Suns' two highest player salaries next season will be paid to Bledsoe and Dragic. Care to guess who's third? (Hint: Note how carefully I worded the first sentence.)

That's right, Josh Childress, at $7.3 million. It boggles the mind.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
On the bright side the current front office seems to have a grip on the cap and barring any major injuries the team is unlikely to have any bad money a year from now(aside from Beasley's 800k). I'm still thankful for New Orleans matching that Gordon contract.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
The crazy thing is that lots of people were excited about the signing. I did a search to see if I could see if I had hyped the signing on the board, but I was mostly lurking during that time period.

I did find someone else who said "Frye was an overpayment, as everyone on this board has already conceded, but Warrick and probably Childress were good value signings." Click on the link to see who said it. . .

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f7/simmons-on-the-suns-158877.html?#post2328006

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The crazy thing is that lots of people were excited about the signing. I did a search to see if I could see if I had hyped the signing on the board, but I was mostly lurking during that time period.

I did find someone else who said "Frye was an overpayment, as everyone on this board has already conceded, but Warrick and probably Childress were good value signings." Click on the link to see who said it. . .

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f7/simmons-on-the-suns-158877.html?#post2328006

I don't remember if I said anything about Childress but I thought it was a decent signing at the time.

Steve

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Heh! Well, I was fooled, that's for sure. I still maintain that Warrick brought to the table about what we expected him to, but apparently I didn't figure out until later that the Suns were bidding against only themselves for Childress.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Childress was a good player for the Hawks, really good, the dollar amount for the Hawks version of him was good value... the years were iffy. I dont know what happened to him in Greece.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barring a major move other than Bledsoe's extension, the Suns' two highest player salaries next season will be paid to Bledsoe and Dragic. Care to guess who's third? (Hint: Note how carefully I worded the first sentence.)

That's right, Josh Childress, at $7.3 million. It boggles the mind.

I remember that guy. Big afro, right?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it be legal to give Frye some money to go away? Could the Suns pay him to opt out?

I guess the Suns could buy him out if he picks up his option but why would they? He has value as a player not to mention an expiring contract. Also he could be filler in a trade. Anyway, I think his salary would still count towards the Suns salary space.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake