Suns At Bucks Game Thread

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Phoenix Suns are on their longest winning streak in three seasons. Extending that doesn’t appear to be too difficult considering how they have dominated the Milwaukee Bucks for much of the last two decades.
Phoenix seeks its 11th straight win overall and eighth in row over Milwaukee on Saturday night to close out a five-game road trip.
The Suns (50-26) haven’t been on a winning streak this long since reeling off a franchise-record 17 straight from Dec. 29, 2006-Jan. 28, 2007. They’ve also had the advantage of facing some of the league’s weaker competition this time around with two wins over Minnesota and victories against New Orleans, Golden State, New York, New Jersey and Detroit.
Phoenix is coming off a 109-94 victory over the Pistons on Friday - the sixth straight game it’s faced an opponent with a losing record. The last time the Suns took on a team above .500 resulted a 93-87 win over Portland on March 21.
Despite the surge, the Suns still only have a one-game lead over Denver for one of the top four spots in the Western Conference and home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.
“We’ve needed every one of these, and we’re going to need some more,” coach Alvin Gentry said. “I would have never believed that we could win these 10 games and still be looking at the possibility of starting the playoffs on the road. This is a tough, tough conference.”
Averaging 118.7 points during its winning streak, Phoenix is looking to avoid its first loss to Milwaukee (41-34) since March 28, 2006. The Suns are 33-4 against the Bucks since March 1991.
Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) has been a key to Phoenix’s current winning streak. He leads the club with 22.9 points per game, but is averaging 27.3 points over the last 10 games.
“We’re playing well, and whenever you have a 10-game winning streak, it is going to be fun,” said Stoudemire, who scored 29 on 13-of-15 shooting against Detroit. “At the same time, we’re playing for something, so we’ve got to keep this going.”
Stoudemire had 23 points and 10 rebounds in the Suns’ 105-101 home win over the Bucks on Jan. 11.
Milwaukee is closing in on its first playoff berth since 2006, but has stumbled recently. After a 10-point loss to Cleveland on Wednesday, the Bucks fell 87-86 in overtime to Charlotte on Friday for their fourth loss in six games.
John Salmons(notes) scored 28 points, including a 3-pointer with 10.6 seconds left in regulation, while Andrew Bogut(notes) had 19 points and 12 rebounds. The Bobcats, however, got a key offensive rebound to preserve the win.
“We’re playing well. We’re right there in these games,” said Salmons, who ended up with stitches over his left eye. “It’s just a couple of bad bounces here and there.”
A big reason for the Bucks’ struggles the last two games has been poor play from rookie Brandon Jennings(notes), who’s shot 5-for-21 from the field and totaled 11 points. Jennings, who is third among rookies with 15.5 points per game, scored 14 in the loss to Phoenix in January.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2010040315

Go Suns! Complete a successful road trip on a winning note to remain in 3rd place.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Huge game... well every game is at this point. I'm back to watching the NBA because I have to support my Suns. I'll be at the Coyotes game tonight, but I'll be following this game on radio and box score the whole way through. Go Suns!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns beat the bucks tonight should be a fun game to watch!!! Contain Salmons he is huge for them.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Suns cant even BUY a basket here.. if I was gentry I would bring in Barbs or Frye early, to maybe give us a spark.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 18-22 after the 1st quarter. Suns shooting 37% with 2/6 3 pointers, Bucks 50% with 2/4 3 pointers. :(

Suns have committed 3 turnovers (Nash with 2), Bucks 2.

Suns and Bucks tied with 2 offensive rebounds.

Suns have hit 2/2 free throws, Bucks have hit 0/2 free throws.

It's gonna be hard to win today if we can't either hit shots or defend. :(

Last edited:

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
barbs misses open lay-up? I feel sorry for LB. Lets hope he can get it together.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 20-30 with 9:32 left in the 2nd quarter. :( Suns shooting 35% with 2/6 3 pointers, Bucks 54% with 3/5 3 pointers.

Can we please hit some shots or play defense? Right now we're doing neither. :(

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
OUCH!
That did not look good! I hope it's not serious.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ugh darnit not looking good at all right now for the suns hope we pick it up... nasty foul on bogut btw ouch

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 32-46 with 4:28 left in the 2nd quarter. :( Suns shooting 39% with 3/7 3 pointers, Bucks shooting 60% with 3/6 3 pointers. :(

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap man that injury looked bad.. Dudes shoulder just started moving around all flimsy.. That was crazy to see live..

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Oh ****. Bogut's arm.... I hope he is okay.... That guy cannot catch a break.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 32-51 with 2:34 left in the 2nd quarter. :rolleyes:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
sigh we look slugish and tired right now... man that was a bad performance by the bench

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
that's game......we were bound for "L" sometime....sigh....suns are too sluggish and can't make a shot. Bucks make whatever they throw...

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
J-Rich needs to get himself into the game. Play him with the bench, because he is not getting the ball enough with th starters.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bogut foul is going to have a negative impact right now more on the Suns than the Bucks. Hopefully Amare can put it out of his mind coming out of the locker room.

SunsFanVegas

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly...I wasn't too hopeful for this game. I think they've been playing at such a high pace that they were bound for a loss. At least they get a few days off before playing the Spurs. I just hope that this is a just a one loss type of thing.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Nash is playing like a scrub, please turn it over more often and then look like a fool on defense against Jennings.