Suns invite Prather and Barron to training camp

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I have a very vague impression that Barron has a good reputation as an interior defender, but I don't have any specific memories of having seen him play.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Heh, my first reaction was, "Didn't he play on the Suns? No, that can't be right."

Yeah, he actually STARTED for us at one point! I believe it might have been during the time Robin Lopez was suspended for punching the door at practice. He started like 12 games or something in 2010.

Errntknght

Reaction score
The best thing you can about Earl Barron's D is that he is tall and awkward so at times he gets in peoples way. The year before he was with the Suns he went wild with the Knicks for the last 12 games of the season. I think he gathered in a raft rebounds - or maybe he scored 20 pts a game - something very uncharacteristic for him, in any case. And never replicated since. Whats amazing is that he's still around...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought we all wanted him to get a chance to get some minutes.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Suns adding another PG to roster. Joe Jackson is in the process of signing a FA contract.

I see McDonnough like PGs as much as I do. :)

I wonder if this signing has any significance with the Bledsoe situation. So many PGs, so little time.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234832/Joe-Jackson-Finalizing-Free-Agent-Deal-With-Suns
The signing of Thomas had significance with the Bledsoe situation. A fallback plan. I just hope it puts us ahead of other teams by having an outstanding backup Point Guard.

Versus Horny's experience of moving a Point Guard to Shooting Guard, which never led the Suns or Jazz to the promised land. Even with the best Point Guard and Power Forward in the league alongside him in Utah.

How did another pretender to the throne reach it? Dallas by adding a strong Center and left the fraternity of the Suns, Jazz and Warriers.

Oh how I wish the Suns could break loose from that group.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The signing of Thomas had significance with the Bledsoe situation. A fallback plan. I just hope it puts us ahead of other teams by having an outstanding backup Point Guard.

Versus Horny's experience of moving a Point Guard to Shooting Guard, which never led the Suns or Jazz to the promised land. Even with the best Point Guard and Power Forward in the league alongside him in Utah.

How did another pretender to the throne reach it? Dallas by adding a strong Center and left the fraternity of the Suns, Jazz and Warriers.

Oh how I wish the Suns could break loose from that group.

My thoughts were along the line are the Suns preparing for the possibility of trading Bledsoe or even Ennis.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Should have kept Ish.

I've been thinking that for some time. IMO, he proved himself down the stretch, the way he ran the offense. I would say Jeff erred in not giving him more consistent minutes early on. Ennis may turn out to be better in the long run but Ish was a solid backup already. Of course, it may be that Ish wanted to look for a chance to have a larger role than he had here.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont think Thomas was any kind of Bledsoe insurance policy. They had every intention of keeping Bledsoe no matter what, the new contract makes that pretty clear.

They really liked having two PGs who could handle the ball and thrive on the attack in transition. The signing of Thomas allows them to run that style all game long.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think Thomas was any kind of Bledsoe insurance policy. They had every intention of keeping Bledsoe no matter what, the new contract makes that pretty clear.

They really liked having two PGs who could handle the ball and thrive on the attack in transition. The signing of Thomas allows them to run that style all game long.

I'm really looking forward to seeing these guys run the other teams ragged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05