Suns @ Warriors 3-9-14

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play at the Warriors tonight with a 6 PM Arizona start time. To say tonight's game and Monday's Clippers game is huge is to minimize it. It is unlikely the Suns can pass the Warriors because they have a favorable home schedule down the stretch. However, with Dallas and Memphis on the Suns heels, every win is important. Even the Timberwolves are playing above .500. The Suns must improve their defense to stay competitive.

See more from the Paul Coro article at azcentral dated 3-9-14 at the link below.

* The Suns have allowed 52 percent shooting over the past seven games. That is a NBA worst for that stretch. Five consecutive opponents have made at least 50 percent of their shots. Defensively, Hornacek liked three quarters of the loss to the Clippers and two quarters of the win against the Thunder.

“We’re just trying to get to where we can do that for four quarters and then we’ll be good,” Hornacek said.

Suns (36-25) at Warriors (39-24) … 6 p.m. Phoenix tip time

C: Miles Plumlee or Alex Len … Andrew Bogut

PF: Channing Frye … David Lee

SF: P.J. Tucker … Andre Iguodala

SG: Gerald Green … Klay Thompson

PG: Goran Dragic … Stephen Curry

Key Warriors injuries: Festus Ezeli (knee surgery) is out. Klay Thompson (back) is questionable officially but expected to play.

Key Warriors reserves: Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green, Steve Blake, Jordan Crawford, Jermaine O’Neal.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/p...for-suns-warriors-a-huge-game-for-both-teams/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plumlee is to back up Len tonight. Nothing new on Bledsoe.

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 13m

Miles Plumlee will return to action off the bench for #SunsAtWarriors after missing two games for a sore knee. Alex Len gets his 3rd start.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Plumlee is to back up Len tonight. Nothing new on Bledsoe.

https://twitter.com/paulcoro

If Plumlee plays like he did to start the season and if Bledsoe comes back at full strength and if we score more points than the Warriors, I think we have a shot at stealing this game.

Seriously, I have tonight and tomorrow pencilled in as losses so I don't hold out much hope on this short road trip but getting Bledsoe back tonight would be huge. It would be great to let him get the rust off in a pair of games we're not likely to win so that he can be closer to form by the time we start playing the teams we have a decent chance to beat. I only pencilled in our losses because we've all seen this team win some impossible games even without Bledsoe.

We have a killer 21 game stretch to close the season with 6 of the games falling into the almost unwinnable category but the rest of the teams are as vulnerable as we are. An 11-10 finish gives us a chance at a playoff spot and we need Bledsoe healthy to have even a slight chance at that 11-10 finish.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Plumlee plays like he did to start the season and if Bledsoe comes back at full strength and if we score more points than the Warriors, I think we have a shot at stealing this game.

Seriously, I have tonight and tomorrow pencilled in as losses so I don't hold out much hope on this short road trip but getting Bledsoe back tonight would be huge. It would be great to let him get the rust off in a pair of games we're not likely to win so that he can be closer to form by the time we start playing the teams we have a decent chance to beat. I only pencilled in our losses because we've all seen this team win some impossible games even without Bledsoe.

We have a killer 21 game stretch to close the season with 6 of the games falling into the almost unwinnable category but the rest of the teams are as vulnerable as we are. An 11-10 finish gives us a chance at a playoff spot and we need Bledsoe healthy to have even a slight chance at that 11-10 finish.

I think we would have already heard if Bledsoe were going to play tonight. I too am skeptical if the Suns can win either of these upcoming two games much less both. Still, the Suns are unpredictable.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we need to at least one out of game today against GSW and tomorrow's against LAC.

Especially if Dallas beats Indiana.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think we need to at least one out of game today against GSW and tomorrow's against LAC.

Especially if Dallas beats Indiana.

I think we need every win we can get but I don't like our chances tonight or tomorrow. These games matter to the Warriors and Clippers too and not only are they better than us, they are playing at home. Still, OKC was better than us and Indiana was better than us when we beat them. Not to mention we already have three wins against the Clips and Warriors so anything is possible.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet BC867 is pleased that the Suns are using two big men at center with Plumlee backing up Len.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Green still hot. Len looked good. Dragic is the same ol beast.

We playin good D thus far too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a flop by Curry.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic with a nice 3 point shot at the end of the first half.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Dallas won tonight and Memphis won last night so if Phoenix loses this game they're bumped to 9th (I believe memphis has the tie-breaker). A win in this game would also clinch the tie-breaker over GSW.

Is it unreasonable to call a game in early March a must-win?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their small ball is better than our small ball.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I bet BC867 is pleased that the Suns are using two big men at center with Plumlee backing up Len.
Unfortunately, it takes two NBA-ready big men. Plumlee seemed ready at the start of the season, but it was a mirage. Len is nowhere near ready.

And, of course, when you play the Warriors, you know it is going to turn into a war of small ball. We couldn't keep up with that in the 3rd quarter. Or is it keep down with that?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Wow can the Warriors move the ball around... And man can they shoot it! And man is David Lee a weapon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Wow can the Warriors move the ball around... And man can they shoot it! And man is David Lee a weapon...

It would be nice to have a legitimate big man like Lee on the roster instead of garbage we have now.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a legitimate big man like Lee on the roster instead of garbage we have now.

I wouldn't go so far as to refer to Len and Plumlee as "garbage"... They are still young and have tons to learn. But yea, we can only imagine if we had a big man half as productive as is Lee...

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far as to refer to Len and Plumlee as "garbage"... They are still young and have tons to learn. But yea, we can only imagine if we had a big man half as productive as is Lee...

He was probably referring to Frye as well.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:

sunsfan88 said:
He was probably referring to Frye as well.
Now that would please BC867. :) And Lee isn't even a powerhouse. He just does the things that a Center is supposed to do. Consistently.