Swapping Rosters with NJ

cly2tw

Reaction score
I have a crazy idea, now Sarver would rather rebuild. Send the core of the team to NJ for immediate cap relief and huge TE plus young talents:

Amare(s&t)/Nash/Hill/Dudley/JRich/Dragic/Lou (s&t) for
Favors/Yi/Harris/Lee/Humphries

Given the Suns already letting Amare walk and having no use for Nash/Hill/JRich, it's acutally a trade of Dudley/Dragic for Favors/Yi/Harris/Lee. In addition, they get about 25mil cap room right away! For NJ, it's a chance at the title with the very same Suns team that made the WCF this year plus Williams and the better version of Lopez. I believe they'd have the MLE still available as long as they don't sign a FA with cap straight up. They could extend Boone for 2mil and sign some other additional help with the MLE as long as their owner is willing to spend.

Brook/Amare/Hill/JRich/Nash with Boone/Dudley/Lou/Dragic/Williams/MLE is a better team than the 2010 Suns, though one year older. It's good for a run of two years at the title. Maybe they should arrange swap of the coaches too, with NJ paying the difference above Gentry's 1.8mil for AJ's contract. After 2 years, NJ still have the core of Amare/Brook/Williams/Dragic as starters, plus maybe JRich extended for 8mil.

As for the Suns, Robin/Favers/Clark/Lee/Harris + Yi is a good start for rebuilding. Losing Dudley hurts. But Dud is a perfect role player a la Bowen, whose talent is really wasted on a lottery team. Dragic is actually not as good as Harris, provided injury wasn't an issue. And Suns need a semi-star like Harris to draw some interest from their audience.

Let's all root for the New Jersey Suns for 2011 NBA title run, shall we? Go Suns! ;):D

PS: when we are at it, JC just signs Kerr and Griffin as his GMs to keep the whole chemistry going in NY, which would be an even bigger show than NYK ever has been. Perfect! ;)

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Very realistic ... not...

Maybe there is a tiny chance we could get Favors in a sign and trade for Amare if we take on some New Jersey trash along with him.

OP
OP
cly2tw

cly2tw

Reaction score
Very realistic ... not...

Maybe there is a tiny chance we could get Favors in a sign and trade for Amare if we take on some New Jersey trash along with him.

Too bad NJ don't have trash.:mulli:

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Yi/Dooling/Williams/Favors for s&t Amare means Nets take on, what, $16 million in Amare, but send out $9 to $10 million in salary meaning they net $7 million in expenditures to get Amare leaving them room for a Max FA and two high mid level players (or something like that).

I'd be sick with happiness with something like this, but it's actually probably too much for the Suns to ask. Why would the Nets want to give up Favors in that package?

However:

Harris-FA-FA-Stoudemire-Lopez is a sick starting point with all that cap space to play with....

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Even if we just s&t Amare for Yi/Dooling/Williams, we cut Dooling and Yi leaves us no need for Frye and we have Williams to allow us to trade JRich at the deadline. We'd be in a good spot even without Favors in the mix. I'd do it.

Lottery 2011, here we come!

Edit:

If Favors is useless on their bench, do a Favors/Dooling/Williams trade and the Nets run Harris-FA-Yi-Stat-Lopez with just a tad less room than above.

We get:

Nash-JRich-Hill-Favors-Lopez

For the future, we have:

Dragic-Williams-Clark-Favors-Lopez

That's some good starting ground....

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Any deal involving Amare & NJ would have to include Favors.

I think a Favors/Harris for Amare sounds nice, word is NJ has Harris on the block and offered him to someone in a trade before the draft but were turned down. I think he is a pretty good PG.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
NJ has the edge in this trade negotiation. They can sign Amare outright without a s&t. So, the Suns are not in the position to really position themselves on a particular player. The way I laid out the trade with NJ helps their position by minimizing the amount of cap space it takes to get Amare, but we're still not in a position of demand....

OP
OP
cly2tw

cly2tw

Reaction score
Any deal involving Amare & NJ would have to include Favors.

I think a Favors/Harris for Amare sounds nice, word is NJ has Harris on the block and offered him to someone in a trade before the draft but were turned down. I think he is a pretty good PG.

Harris gets them good return in trade by himself. They don't need to trade him or Favors to get Amare. There won't be such deal at all, unless NJ has a championship contender right away.

NJ has the edge in this trade negotiation. They can sign Amare outright without a s&t. So, the Suns are not in the position to really position themselves on a particular player. The way I laid out the trade with NJ helps their position by minimizing the amount of cap space it takes to get Amare, but we're still not in a position of demand....

No, your deal has no way to happen because two ouf of the 3 parties needed won't do it. For cap relief, NJ can look elsewhere without parting with Favor or Williams. Amare would prefer Miami which has a better chance to contend within 2 years.

My proposed deal might get NJ and Amare agreeing on it because it'd be most preferrable by this two parties than any other feasible alternatives.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I don't think your on the same page as me. By NJN doing a s&t for Amare as opposed to signing him outright, they save roughly $7 million. They are not looking for cap space, but if they could acquire the players they want AND mitigate the amount of capspace spent to get said player and THEREFORE allowing them to acquire other players to fill out the roster, it's an advantage to them.

Your statement on Amare is a given. As with ANY s&t, the player being s&t'd obviously has to agree. On top of that, NJN has to accept the trade. It goes without saying. I don't understand your contention here....

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Avery Johnson is very high on Favors and even stated he thinks Favors can be similar to Dwight Howard if he adds 15 pounds.... accurate or not.... how do you trade a Stoudemire for Favors when they look at him that way.

This case closed.... unless the owner really wants Stoudemire.

OP
OP
cly2tw

cly2tw

Reaction score
DEI,

my contention was that you were not taking into account of NJ and Amare's other options, which are way better options than your wishful dumping Favors' + Yi's contract for the previlege of s&t Amare who they get by FA signing anyway. It's too naive.

jandaman,

potentially DHoward? After 6 years still no mature offensive game Dwight? In exchange for a chance at the title two years in a row? Also, AJ's was a motivation speech.
For Suns, if Sarver is determined to break this team up, he has no use of Nash and Hill and would be willing to do them favor to go to a contender. So, in my proposal, what they effectively give up are Dragic and Dudley who reallistically are less valuable than Harris/Yi/Lee by themselves. The rest is bargaining whether they could convince NJ to part with Favors, for giving them a contender right away to start their franchise at Brooklyn, to lure all the loyal Knicks fans to the Nets.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
DEI,

my contention was that you were not taking into account of NJ and Amare's other options, which are way better options than your wishful dumping Favors' + Yi's contract for the previlege of s&t Amare who they get by FA signing anyway. It's too naive.

jandaman,

potentially DHoward? After 6 years still no mature offensive game Dwight? In exchange for a chance at the title two years in a row? Also, AJ's was a motivation speech.
For Suns, if Sarver is determined to break this team up, he has no use of Nash and Hill and would be willing to do them favor to go to a contender. So, in my proposal, what they effectively give up are Dragic and Dudley who reallistically are less valuable than Harris/Yi/Lee by themselves. The rest is bargaining whether they could convince NJ to part with Favors, for giving them a contender right away to start their franchise at Brooklyn, to lure all the loyal Knicks fans to the Nets.

Unless Amare is dead-set on the 6 years. The only way he can get that many years is if we sign him or we sign-and-trade him. But would NJ be willing to invest 6 years in him? That's the big question.

OP
OP
cly2tw

cly2tw

Reaction score
Unless Amare is dead-set on the 6 years. The only way he can get that many years is if we sign him or we sign-and-trade him. But would NJ be willing to invest 6 years in him? That's the big question.

It's not essential whether it's 6 years. The other option for Amare would be going to Miami as FA with 5 years. The point is that he could have the same success with the same team with the same length of contract an extension would have brought him. His role will further expand to the true franchise player now Nash needs to play less than 30 min a game and handle the ball less. He could insist on 6 to potentially sabotage my deal, but the next best alternative is still Miami for 5 years and 2nd-fiddle to Wade and waiting at least one more year before contending.

This is truly a win-win-win-win-win situation for Nets-Sarver-Amare-Nash-Hill. :)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Avery Johnson is very high on Favors and even stated he thinks Favors can be similar to Dwight Howard if he adds 15 pounds.... accurate or not.... how do you trade a Stoudemire for Favors when they look at him that way.

This case closed.... unless the owner really wants Stoudemire.

First off, Favors could turn out to be a bust, you never know. He is in no way on Amare's level right now, he was considered the best player at GT yet averaged 12/8/2 for the year, Ganai Lawal had slightly better numbers. As for Harris he was just a salary filler, but the Nets are more than willing to move him.

OP
OP
cly2tw

cly2tw

Reaction score
First off, Favors could turn out to be a bust, you never know. He is in no way on Amare's level right now, he was considered the best player at GT yet averaged 12/8/2 for the year, Ganai Lawal had slightly better numbers. As for Harris he was just a salary filler, but the Nets are more than willing to move him.

For #3 pick, you get good value, how much of a bust he is gonna be. If NO were desperate, they might dump Paul's contract on you for #3 pick.;)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's not essential whether it's 6 years. The other option for Amare would be going to Miami as FA with 5 years. The point is that he could have the same success with the same team with the same length of contract an extension would have brought him. His role will further expand to the true franchise player now Nash needs to play less than 30 min a game and handle the ball less. He could insist on 6 to potentially sabotage my deal, but the next best alternative is still Miami for 5 years and 2nd-fiddle to Wade and waiting at least one more year before contending.

This is truly a win-win-win-win-win situation for Nets-Sarver-Amare-Nash-Hill. :)

Maybe you're just not understanding. It's not essential FOR YOU, but it may be essential for Amare. All signs point to him wanting as many years as he can get.

OP
OP
cly2tw

cly2tw

Reaction score
Maybe you're just not understanding. It's not essential FOR YOU, but it may be essential for Amare. All signs point to him wanting as many years as he can get.

Aint most players like that?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05