Tale of the Tape: DET vs ARI

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not one for making signs, but I think I will make this one for this weekend's heavyweight bout (in more of a table form).

***TALE OF THE TAPE***
***1996 to 2006***

Coaches
ARI 3
DET 7

QBs
ARI 12
DET 14

Wins
ARI 57
DET 59

Losses
ARI 112
DET 110

Playoff Apprerances
ARI 1
DET 2

Playoff Wins
ARI 1
DET 0

RedRamage

Reaction score
Wayne Fontes - Fired
Bobby Ross - Quit mid-season
Gary Moeller - Interm replacement
Marty Mornhenweg - Fired
Steve Mariucci - Fired mid-season
Dick Jauron - Interm replacement
Rod Marinelli - Our latest future ex-coach.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wayne Fontes - Fired
Bobby Ross - Quit mid-season
Gary Moeller - Interm replacement
Marty Mornhenweg - Fired
Steve Mariucci - Fired mid-season
Dick Jauron - Interm replacement
Rod Marinelli - Our latest future ex-coach.

At least the Cardinals wait until week 17 to drop the hammer.

I was suprised how close the win/loss records are. If we went back 15 years, the Cardinals are much worse.

RedRamage

Reaction score
I can't name all the QBs without looking them up, but here are the Highlights:
  • Scott Mitchell - Main guy under Fontes, out of football
  • Charlie Batch - Ross' guy, currently the Steelers backup
  • Mike McMahon - Showed some promise, but wasn't very accurate. Speaking of using McCown as a WR, McMahon would be a great trick play guy. He was VERY fast and athletic. If he was even a little more accurate he'd be a slightly poorer man's version of Vick. Last I knew he was a backup with the Vikings.
  • Joey Harrington - Was supposed to be the franchise QB, but never really had leadership skills, and when Mariucci came in, it only made things worse. Mooch did not like him and looked for any excuse to run out Jeff Garcia instead of Harrington... Joey lost any respect of the rest of the players and finally left for Miami where he's the starter for them now.
  • Jeff Garcia - An era we here in Michigan would really just rather forget. Out of football as far as I know.
  • Jon Kitna - A decent guy... put up some huge yardage, but TD:INT ration is not good at just 1:1. He's also clearly not the future of the franchise as he's already an grizzied vetran before he even started here.

RedRamage

Reaction score
At least the Cardinals wait until week 17 to drop the hammer.
I imagine that Millen did it at least in part to save his job. The Lions were just getting embaressed on the field that year and people were loudly calling for Millen's head. I think that part of the decision to do it during the season rather than after was the deflect some of the anger... sort of saying: "Hey, it isn't my fault, the coach is the one screwin up!"

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
If this fight were on HBO the slogan for it would be,

"The Fight For #1"

If we beat the Lions they we will give up our #1 pick status to them. We would have the same record but Detriot has a far lower Strength of Schedule.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I can't name all the QBs without looking them up, but here are the Highlights:
  • Scott Mitchell - Main guy under Fontes, out of football
  • Charlie Batch - Ross' guy, currently the Steelers backup
  • Mike McMahon - Showed some promise, but wasn't very accurate. Speaking of using McCown as a WR, McMahon would be a great trick play guy. He was VERY fast and athletic. If he was even a little more accurate he'd be a slightly poorer man's version of Vick. Last I knew he was a backup with the Vikings.
  • Joey Harrington - Was supposed to be the franchise QB, but never really had leadership skills, and when Mariucci came in, it only made things worse. Mooch did not like him and looked for any excuse to run out Jeff Garcia instead of Harrington... Joey lost any respect of the rest of the players and finally left for Miami where he's the starter for them now.
  • Jeff Garcia - An era we here in Michigan would really just rather forget. Out of football as far as I know.
  • Jon Kitna - A decent guy... put up some huge yardage, but TD:INT ration is not good at just 1:1. He's also clearly not the future of the franchise as he's already an grizzied vetran before he even started here.

I think Orlovsky is one also, and I think he actually may turn out to be a good NFL player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05